Roger The Raptor

I have them in the standard configuration. They do just fine with all my gear in the bed and towing the travel trailer. The BMS shackles really helped with how it sits though. I couldn't imagine how it would sit doing the 20 percent rate with the supplied overloads.
That makes sense, I just added the BMS shackles and my truck is still sitting higher than I would like in the rear. I remembered when you had first gotten the leaf pack you mentioned thinking about doing the 20 percent rate because of towing so that's why I wanted to check.

Finished up a little project tonight. Last week I picked up a BadLand Jack. Got it home, put it together and realized it was way bigger than I anticipated, and wouldn’t fit in the spot on the chase rack that I had initially intended. So I did more research on mounts and came across these flat surface mount plates from 911 Motorsports. I put the jack in every position possible in the bed and the best solution was directly to the bed floor behind the rack, so that’s what I went for. Topped it off with a really nice cover from Grove Fabworks to keep it protected from the elements.

IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0641.jpeg
IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

Jack handle is stored tightly under the jack.

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0654.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

I can't stand faded/sun beaten parts that get rusted and weather cracked, so that jack cover from grove fabworks is the best addition to top it all off💯. Great work.

I have the same jack and bought the grove fan mount. Very nice mount but I quickly realized the jack and mount weigh almost 90lbs. Decided that was more weight then I wanted on the ol Yota.

cover is awesome, wonder if it would fit my 3 ton hf jack in the bed of my truck.

Its got a zipper and a pull string to keep it tight so it might work. What exact jack do you have? We have a ton of different HF jacks at work i can try to test fit it on.

“In terms of money, we have no money” lol.

Big investment but I went all in on a Power Tank setup. 10 LB package with their upgraded Comp2 super bracket. I did months of research for the right setup and determined that this was the way to go. With the ability to run power tools and air up tires in seconds multiple times on multiple trips, I felt this was the right choice.

IMG_0691.jpeg

IMG_0690.jpeg

IMG_0684.jpeg

I still have the Master Flow ammo can air compressor bolted up on the bedside mount. I’m thinking of replacing it with a regular ammo can to store the Power Tank tire inflator, ARB deflator tool along with a few other small items that I use often.

Next on the list is to either make or buy some type of cross bar rack system above the bed, or purchase a roof rack to hold the double tent cot on those point to point trips. Roof racks are stupid expensive but are much more convenient. Bed cross bar setups are way cheaper but if permanently mounted it may become a problem if I ever need to pull the spare tire out, and they’ll have to be tall enough to clear the dust light and power tank. Another option is to ditch the tent cot idea all together and just purchase a smaller 2-3 person ground tent. Tent cot sets up in seconds which is why I’m still holding on to the idea. Not sure which route to go! Threw the cot up on the bed of the truck just to get an idea. It would have to sit 5-6 inches taller to clear the dust light. Kamp-rite says their tent cot carrying bags will be in stock soon so that would be nice to keep the tent out of the elements.

IMG_0724.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

I would do the cross bar setup. Deal with the spare when and if you need to use it. The dust light could be easily moved too to help keep the cross bars lower to the bed height.

I have two dust lights in the same location as yours, one on each side. On the Mojave rd trip last year I had essentially a tent cot in the same location as yours, and had to rotate it 90* so anyone could see my dust lights. Now that I’m mounting a RTT I’m going to move my dust lights to the back, otherwise they’ll be totally useless.

I would do the cross bar setup. Deal with the spare when and if you need to use it. The dust light could be easily moved too to help keep the cross bars lower to the bed height.

That's probably the route I'll go. Either make a pair that will bolt on to the top of the rails or clamp to the inside of the rails using those camper shell type clamps. I can only have them about 2 feet apart to clear everything so I don't want them too bulky. I think if they are about 5-8 inches above the bed rails i shouldnt have to move the dust light.

Looks like the only answer is one of those fancy 3rd brake lights with cutouts for a chase light

No way lol. Have you seen the price of those things? Last time i priced one out, with 2 Baja Design lights it was around $1200. That's fucking ridiculous for a glorified 3rd brake light. I did see a guy was 3D printing them and running a cheaper amazon light but i wanna stick with the tried and true KC pod.

I vote for the bed rack and tent cot idea. Its not like youre pressed for time when it comes to changing a tire and getting to your spare... whats another 10 minutes to move the tent cot, roll the tire over the rack, throw the flat up in the bed, and strap the tent cot back down?

As for the light, what about flush mounting it in the tailgate (I mean, *I* wouldnt want to cut holes in the tailgate of my raptor, but maybe you would lol), or back bumper?

Next on the list is to either make or buy some type of cross bar rack system above the bed, or purchase a roof rack to hold the double tent cot on those point to point trips. Roof racks are stupid expensive but are much more convenient. Bed cross bar setups are way cheaper but if permanently mounted it may become a problem if I ever need to pull the spare tire out, and they’ll have to be tall enough to clear the dust light and power tank. Another option is to ditch the tent cot idea all together and just purchase a smaller 2-3 person ground tent. Tent cot sets up in seconds which is why I’m still holding on to the idea. Not sure which route to go! Threw the cot up on the bed of the truck just to get an idea. It would have to sit 5-6 inches taller to clear the dust light. Kamp-rite says their tent cot carrying bags will be in stock soon so that would be nice to keep the tent out of the elements.

View attachment 18760

View attachment 18761
From everything I have seen you do on the ranger. Why not get fancy and make the rack on hinges and gas shocks and you pull a pin and it lifts up to allow access to the rest of the stuff in the bed when needed.

Would this setup be too low to the ground for your liking as far as a light goes?

View attachment 18782
Hey @2021SVTSC

After seeing the S1 hitch kit used firsthand. It’s an overall great chase, camp, and reverse light. As the S1 utilizes a wide corning lens, it allows you to have a wide spread of light to give the person behind you on the trail a good sense of where you are. This kit is also offered in a toggle switch, so when you need extra light to set up camp, flip the switch and have the extra light you will need. With how the S1 sits, it depends on what vehicle you are putting it on. Utilizing this kit on a stock truck will still be lower than something with a lift. If you have any other questions about this kit feel free to reach out at bill@bajadesigns.com for more information or to get a quote started.

Best,
Bill

Bill Sonevongxay | Forum Sales & Support 
Email: Bill@bajadesigns.com Phone: (760)560-2252

Did a quick 400 mile weekend trip with a couple of buddies and the kids. I’m hoping to do a ton more of these little weekend trips in the future. I can’t push the truck too hard having to pull the TT back home, but damn is it fun playing out in California City with this truck.

IMG_1130.jpeg

2705929B-84F2-490A-BDF8-6BDCFE56B8A7.jpeg

IMG_1140.jpeg

IMG_1141.jpeg

IMG_1152.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpegIMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1201.jpeg

Looks like a good trip, smart not pushing your luck with the tow truck.

Do you know how much your trailer set up weights?

Back