Roger The Raptor

This thing is cool. Electric fuel pump for a 5 gallon dump can. The chase rack has a dump can mount in front of the Action Packer in the center of the rack. I purchased this pump to keep the can where it’s at and fill the tank when needed without physically having to remove, lift and dump it into the tank (It always make a mess). It’s even got an automatic shut off when full! Bummer part is the thread pitch on the top cap is slightly different from my VP Racing can (which it stated it fits all cans) so I’ll have to figure that out. This will be a great addition not only for the truck, but for generator filling for the travel trailer and other gas needs when dry camping.

331106EA-BA10-4A83-9373-E5D5E676C8B8.jpeg

39AAD67B-595F-44E4-A753-AF5EDDC43182.jpeg

This thing is cool. Electric fuel pump for a 5 gallon dump can. The chase rack has a dump can mount in front of the Action Packer in the center of the rack. I purchased this pump to keep the can where it’s at and fill the tank when needed without physically having to remove, lift and dump it into the tank (It always make a mess). It’s even got an automatic shut off when full! Bummer part is the thread pitch on the top cap is slightly different from my VP Racing can (which it stated it fits all cans) so I’ll have to figure that out. This will be a great addition not only for the truck, but for generator filling for the travel trailer and other gas needs when dry camping.

View attachment 7617

View attachment 7618
Bro you are back from 2087 with that wizardry!

RAD

Built this rack to attach two .50 cal ammo cans. I got this idea from RPG Offroad who makes something similar, but they want $200 and is made out of round tubing to attach recovery boards which isn’t what I wanted. I wanted square tubing so the cans wouldn’t “roll” down the tube with weight in them while in the dirt. Found some scrap square tubing at work and put together a game plan.

A8DFC1AC-98C9-47D0-A165-E08CBF05D949.jpeg

C2B997CE-D2AC-49A0-BB4D-7B39C64B6966.jpeg

44EA2AB0-7DB3-4684-BE0F-10E3D7264916.jpeg

28927A6D-9464-4F6F-8815-3A3A1794FBE6.jpeg

49964060-0441-4609-8DB3-756A34BB9F23.jpeg

Drilled some holes and added nut zerts to the bed wall. I didn’t take into consideration that the bed wall itself actually tapers out from the front of the bed to the back, so now the rack I already welded up would sit at an angle. Luckily I found some half inch spacers to keep it parallel with the bed rail. Got it all mounted up and then realized it was going to need more support, so I added a vertical tube that attaches from the bottom of the rack to the top of the wheel well. It’s now super solid!

7ABC796C-6A17-4BC7-AC37-4965BC925824.jpeg
93656F3B-75A9-4DF6-9101-AB65B5942FF4.jpeg

Got it all primed and painted, I knocked in some plastic end caps and bolted up the cans using trailer shackle links and some grade 8 hardware. Overall I’m super happy with this little project. The first can houses an air compressor with a long enough hose to reach all 4 tires, and a power cord long enough to reach the back seat 12v plug in. The second can will be designated as a small trash can.

3BD10980-DD83-468F-80B6-D38E4CF16EAE.jpeg

A04DCC17-B9B9-4413-9215-0369C69367FC.jpeg

2A9FE51E-1688-47FD-95A4-E908966FF181.jpeg

F46E199C-1080-48A9-83BF-0206157CA744.jpeg

12404184-F3DB-43C1-B8E9-C9B4F2B7DD1C.jpeg

D927F075-85D0-486A-8172-DFA54C0F681D.jpeg

Sorry, pictures look super big on PC. I uploaded this from my phone.

I also want to add, I did a few tests with a few compressors and determined that this ammo can compressor would be the best fit. I aired down all 4 tires to 18 psi and it took 6 to 7 minutes a tire to get to 40 psi.

Last edited:
New boot goofin. Went with the Dirty Life Race Wheels Enigma 9311 Pro. I’ve been wheel shopping since the day I picked this truck up. I decided to keep it simple. I love these wheels!

IMG_7542.jpeg
IMG_7544.jpegIMG_7540.jpegIMG_7541.jpegIMG_7543.jpegIMG_7545.jpegIMG_7546.jpeg

Picked up a pair of ICON RXT leaf packs.

IMG_7507.jpeg

Ordered a set of Blitzkrieg Motorsports full length tie rods in Fox orange. These have been a long time coming!

IMG_7605.jpeg

Lastly, I backordered a set of rear Fox 3.0 triple bypasses that are direct replacements for the 10-14 gen 1 Raptor. I got word this morning that my order was completed and is getting prepped to ship. Pumped! I am now broke as fuck, again. Lol.

IMG_7483.jpeg

Couldn’t wait so I bolted up the bypasses. Still need to install the Icon springs but I need to split them to add the overloads. I’m planning on adding the overloads because I frequently pull a travel trailer.

IMG_7613.jpeg

IMG_7621.jpeg

IMG_7625.jpeg
IMG_7626.jpeg

I plan to order a set of shock security hardware. Demo hooked me up with a promo code! Still waiting for my BMS tierods…a couple other small issues I need to take care of and I’ll be ready to take her out.

Oh yeah, I got the brakes done yesterday. They were fucked lol. Got a couple camping trips in the works then hopefully take it out to the desert to spectate a race or 2 this summer.

IMG_7684.jpeg

Still parts collecting so I haven’t got much done since my last post. I picked up some SVC shackles and Shock Security hardware.

IMG_8030.jpeg

IMG_8031.jpeg

A couple of weekends ago we went camping in Pismo. Had a chance to hit the dunes for a few hours with a buddy of mine who also has a gen 1. Such a different vibe out there now with all the recent changes…but It was still fun. Having that 6.2 power was insane compared to what I’ve been used to lol

IMG_7892.jpeg

IMG_7818.jpeg

IMG_7823.jpeg

IMG_7839.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

IMG_7826.jpeg

IMG_7827.jpeg

An idea I had was to make (or have made) an aluminum dimple died shroud that covers the radio on the dash. I talked to Kevin (Bodj) and he’s down to make one, I just gotta figure out how to make some type of template to send to him.

794B3320-DCEE-4260-A3EA-E7DCC9152609.jpeg

B4CAD4D7-75D1-48D4-9118-CC9129962EA4.jpeg

17D7BAED-C148-465F-86A1-551E475FE905.jpeg

9D5F13B4-73BE-473A-9190-CBD288F680C7.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7865.jpeg
    IMG_7865.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 7
Today was an overall good day. Got most of the parts laying around in the garage for months, installed. Had an open spot at my work to use for the day. Much easier than doing it in my garage. I started with the BMS tie rods. Supplied boots didn’t work so I pulled the OEM tie rods apart to use the factory boots. Supplied boots on the rack end were at least an inch in inner diameter too big. Other than that these things are super nice.

IMG_8431.jpeg

IMG_8429.jpeg
Added SDHQ rear frame bracing and ABS/vacuum line guards. All went together as planned. Notice the A pillar light mounts. Saving up for some KC gravity 6” LEDs. KC everything!

IMG_8396.jpeg

IMG_8437.jpeg

Then it was on to the rear springs, installing ICON RXT leaf packs with SVT offroad shackles. Some modifications were needed to run this combo. The spring rap at the rear eyelet wasn’t letting the shackle cycle. It actually wasn’t jiving at all. I couldn’t even get the bolt through the spring mount. I fought for an hour on one side. I trimmed what I could and all is good now. Don’t mind my shitty looking trimming, I cleaned it up and painted it after. Also, Icon supplied the wrong hardware for the rear bump stop spacers, so I’ll have to take care of that tomorrow. Really weird running into all of these quality control issues… Got the new FOX 3.0 triple bypasses bolted up and secured with Shock Security hardware.

IMG_8439.jpeg

IMG_8440.jpeg

IMG_8441.jpeg

IMG_8443.jpeg

IMG_8450.jpeg

IMG_8449.jpeg

IMG_8453.jpeg

IMG_8457.jpeg

IMG_8461.jpeg

With all this done, Roger is a little stink bug. Eibach springs up front have finally settled. 36 gallons of fuel in the tank (on E right now) and more gear in the bed should fix this over time I’m sure, especially pulling the travel trailer. It does ride and drive 100 percent better. Rear limit straps are on the list next along with trimming some of the factory upper rear shock mounts to clear the shock top cap at full droop.

Last edited:
Last weeked I took the truck out to my very first “Raptor run” in Pismo with NCRR and SCRR (nor cal, so cal raptor run). This was their 4th annual Pismo trip and it was a blast. Raptor owners have always has that stigma of being some ignorant yuppy lames (we all know this) which may be true for some, but these particular dudes were very fun to hang out with and had it together. Communications were on point and they made sure everyone stayed on “course”. Over 40 raptors out on the dunes could be hard to navigate but they made sure every single one of them were safe and made it back to camp. I’d definitely be interested in attending one of their desert runs. I’ll be back for the Pismo run next year for sure. A hand full of Gen 1s but the majority was Gen 2s. A few Gen 3s showed up and they rip!

IMG_8561.jpeg

IMG_8556.jpeg

IMG_8568.jpeg

IMG_8562.jpeg

IMG_8550.jpeg

IMG_8593.jpeg

IMG_8598.jpeg

IMG_8600.jpeg

IMG_8602.jpeg

IMG_8545.jpeg

Got home from that run on Saturday night and finished up the KC rock light kit on Sunday. This is the RGB kit and you can pretty much pick any color possible. Download the app from the App Store and gain access to all kinds of stuff with music pulse and settings I’ll probably never use.

IMG_8651.jpeg

IMG_8654.jpeg

IMG_8659.jpeg

IMG_8656.jpeg

So rock lights are done. Rear is dialed with new springs and bypasses, truck is really coming together but I knew the front would eventually need to be addressed as far as shocks go. (UCAs still need to be upgraded) I got on the phone with FOX Monday asking ETA on front bolt in coilovers. Salesman says at least 1 to 3 month wait time. So I place a back order with a distributor I do business with through my work and guess what shows up 3 days later…

IMG_8668.jpeg

IMG_8669.jpeg

Things are escalating a little too quickly lol. I don’t have a credit card (pay everything out of pocket) so all my truck funds come from the money I make servicing shocks. Let’s just say the next few months I’m going to be very busy. Goal is to have the truck dialed enough to take out to the clean up in Barstow, then thanksgiving out in California City.

With all this done, Roger is a little stink bug. Eibach springs up front have finally settled. 36 gallons of fuel in the tank (on E right now) and more gear in the bed should fix this over time I’m sure, especially pulling the travel trailer. It does ride and drive 100 percent better. Rear limit straps are on the list next along with trimming some of the factory upper rear shock mounts to clear the shock top cap at full droop.
How much did your Eibach springs settle? We put them on my truck the other day and it’s a damn Monster truck now.

How much did your Eibach springs settle? We put them on my truck the other day and it’s a damn Monster truck now.

Honestly not much. Maybe 1/2" after all this time. You kept the shocks on low perch right? Eibach's are meant for stock perch on OEM gen 1 shocks. I know Geiser recommends mid perch on their springs.

Honestly not much. Maybe 1/2" after all this time. You kept the shocks on low perch right? Eibach's are meant for stock perch on OEM gen 1 shocks. I know Geiser recommends mid perch on their springs.
Because I was on mid perch before, we left it, put the Driverside back together and realized just how tall it was. So pulled the front end apart and went down to bottom perch so now I’m on bottom with Eibach springs up front, and Camburg lowering shackles in the rear and the truck sits level for the 1st time in its life.

How are the BMS tie rods? Do you notice a big difference over stock? Slowly stockpiling parts to refresh my front end and wondering if I should pony up for aftermarket tie rods or stick with OE

Thank goodness you didn’t buy the orange Fox 3.0” IBP’s with the dual hoses and check valves to circulate the fluid. Those check valves have failed in EVERY set I’ve serviced and obliterated the internals. Definitely a bad ass design they have but the parts are majorly undersized

Thank goodness you didn’t buy the orange Fox 3.0” IBP’s with the dual hoses and check valves to circulate the fluid. Those check valves have failed in EVERY set I’ve serviced and obliterated the internals. Definitely a bad ass design they have but the parts are majorly undersized
Thats crazy to hear. I see them so often on Raptors... Or at least I used to. WHen they fail do you try and get guys into a new set of shocks or just rebuild?

Rebuild. They’ll need new piston bands (which are typically replaced anyways) sometimes the pistons and trashed as well as the shims, the inner cylinder needs a good hone and polish if not a whole new replacement, and then you have to find the pieces and reassemble the poppet. It’s a tiny allen bolt with a spring, block plate, spring, and ported body that threads into the top cap hose orfice plate dealio. The parts are usually trapped in the hose assembly lol

Back