Roger The Raptor

Looks like a good trip, smart not pushing your luck with the tow truck.

Do you know how much your trailer set up weights?

The trailer completely dry weighs 3000lbs. Full of fresh water, propane, all the camping gear and the things i have added i bet its pushing close to 4000lbs, which is a little worrisome since its only got a 3500lb axle under it. The standard 3.5k axles come with a 2-3/8" axle tube so i ordered an upgraded axle with a thicker 3" tube but still using the 3.5k spindles so I don't have to change the wheel bolt pattern.

Nice dude! I want to make a trip out for my birthday in the middle of March. You game?

Hey Bodj, I think we are going back out to Cal City March 8th-10th. Annie has an event that weekend so I’m probably gonna head out with Wes.

A couple updates on Roger. So any 10-14 Raptor that was sold in Saudi Arabia came with a bigger transmission cooler (not sure why) but the part number is still active and the part is readily available. It adds another quart to the system and drops the trans temp about 5 degrees.

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

I ordered some Revlock “sure lock” a few days ago. No better time to throw down a
Thorough nut and bolt check. Stuff works great!

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_1445.jpeg

I bought an old rear bump stop bracket kit off of @2012SVTSC on here. It’s a discontinued kit from ReadyLift. I love the old Raptor stuff so I’m stoked I was able to snag it! Now looking for a set of 2.5x2.5 7/8” pin top bump stops.

IMG_1446.jpeg

EDIT. Almost forgot. I bought a 20” Baja Designs S8 light bar for the center section of the front bumper. The plan is to do some modifications to the oem bumper which means deleting the outer bumper lights. It’ll look something like this..

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1001.jpeg

Last edited:
Lots going on but here’s some updates on Roger. Received the ReadyLift rear bump stop bracket kit I bought from @2012SVTSC. I’m tempted to take it to powder coat depending on how soon I find some bump stops for it. The original silver color with a fresh set of King bumps would look killer under the truck. We’ll see.

IMG_1522.jpeg

I’ve been prelander prepping/geeking out the last few weeks getting ready for our trip in April, but this will also help me for other point to point trips to come. Picked up a cross bar rack system for the bed to hold the 2 person tent cot during traveling. I did hours of research and this rack seemed to be the best fit. Clears the dust light which I had concerns about a few posts back. Still waiting for the tent cot bags to be in stock but stoked on this setup (Not bolted down just mocked up).

IMG_1629.jpeg

Picked up a new Trasharoo for the tailgate. Decided this was going to be the best option for trash.

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1635.jpeg

Ordered a “trailgate” panel from AL Offroad which deletes the goofy built in foldable grab post handle thing on the tailgate. Sounds like there’s a 4 week lead time so I’m hoping to get it and install it before the trip.

IMG_1642.jpeg

Last edited:
The Trasharoo is a necessity on trips!
I did something different on my trip to KOH and strapped it to my spare tire
loadedlafawnduh.jpg

I found it gave me easier access to throwing stuff out when we had the tailgate down for lunches and various stops
lunch.JPG

Idk if you have enough space next to your spare or not, but it was just something I found that made life a little easier!

Yeah that's an option too, my only problem with that is I'm vertically challenged lol. Might not be able to reach it back there. I did find a tailgate trash bag that unclips and folds down when the tailgate is down but they want almost $300 for it. $45 Trasharoo will do lol.

One thing I forgot to mention is I'm in the market for a fridge cooler to strap down in the cab. I have an AC 110V 150W plug inside that'll keep a fridge running while the truck is on, and I bought a 100w portable power bank that should keep one running long enough when the truck is off. Amazon has a million of them for relatively cheap i just need to take some time to research and review.

What about having a few small d ring/tie down points at the top of the tailgate or maybe even some kind of loop strap that you can attach the trashroo too?

I have the bag attached to the loops on my Tailgate pad on Tundra and It worked perfectly over the weekend in Glamis.

Even like a few small pieces of Paracord screwed in with washers could work and would lay flat when not in use.

or get into Mtbing buy a few thousand dollar bike and a tail gate pad and be super sick... ( this is the best option )

Thanks for listening.

E

trash a roos are nice as they have a bit more room and close up nice, my only comment is make sure to remove them after trips, they dont seem to hold up to the sun as well.

Also dont be dumb like me and put a couple bundles of wood in it and hit the whoops. It ejected itself and dented my tailgate. lol

Here’s the cross bar system temporarily installed to check figment with the tent cot on it. I don’t think it could have fit any better. Clears the power tank, ammo can and dust light. Throw a couple of ratchet straps around it and should be ready to send.

IMG_1651.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg

IMG_1656.jpeg

IMG_1657.jpeg

IMG_1659.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

The tent cot is basically a more legit ground tent that sits about a foot off the ground. Very comfortable and sturdy. Mine is the 2 person cot.

The tent cot is basically a more legit ground tent that sits about a foot off the ground. Very comfortable and sturdy. Mine is the 2 person cot.

Ahh I see, so you take it off the rack to use it.

More small updates, noting for my records lol.

Picked up an Edge CTS3 monitor to keep a digital eye on vitals. Lots of cool features I haven’t even began to mess with yet.

IMG_2093.jpeg

IMG_2092.jpeg

I ordered the RCV IWE eliminator kit. This deletes the unreliable IWE (Integrated Wheel End) system that uses vacuum to lock the hubs when in 4wd. I’ve had first hand experience with leaking IWE lines and it’s no fun. “Cheap” insurance. Hoping to install them next weekend.

IMG_2094.png

Called Kamp-Rite for the forth time on this tent cot bag that I’ve been waiting on for months. They finally told me that it’s just not going to happen any time soon. So I had to get creative. Come to find out my Char-Broil grill cover fits around the cot perfectly lol. Gonna send it. No other option.

IMG_2067.jpeg

Picked up a cheap single burner butane stove to add to the prelander gear.

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2074.jpeg

Back