Roger The Raptor

Do you DD this with the cooler, first aid kit, powertank and everything in the bed? I live in a shitty area but even if I lived somewhere nice I wouldn't trust people not to take something.

Roger got upgraded brakes! The new PowerStop Z36 package with drilled/slotted rotors. I painted the calipers with dupli color gloss black caliper paint.

IMG_3532.jpeg

IMG_3528.jpeg

IMG_3530.jpeg

IMG_3535.jpeg

After doing the specific break in procedures I wanted to take it for a long drive to get them seated. Gave me an excuse to get out of the house. So I did a huge loop up and around Lake Kaweah which ended up being about 100 miles, only about 5-10 miles on dirt but it was a good time.

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg

IMG_3552.jpeg

IMG_3553.jpeg

IMG_3555.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg

IMG_3564.jpeg

IMG_3565.jpeg

IMG_3567.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

Lastly, yesterday I ripped the Swagman bike racks off the 4Runner’s roof rack since we don’t really use it much for camping anymore. I got them to fit the cross bar rack on the truck. With a little bit of modification I was able to get them to work.

IMG_3571.jpeg

IMG_3573.jpeg

Finally received my long awaited rock guards from ROKBLOKZ. The fronts will prevent the dreaded pie shaped sand blasted area on the bottom corner of the front doors in between the fender flares and the steps (it’s a common problem). The rears will prevent rocks from hitting the front of the travel trailer when towing. When it’s time to remove them they are off in 5 minutes. A little different but I dig the look with them on. Im doing 220 plus miles after V2R on my way home so I think these will definitely help.

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4136.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4143.jpeg

IMG_4145.jpeg

Did you move your front shock resi? I see it in two different positions I think.

I haven't moved them since they've been installed.

There's a guy on a Gen1 facebook group I'm on who makes mounts that move the resi up which I have considered.

I haven't moved them since they've been installed.

There's a guy on a Gen1 facebook group I'm on who makes mounts that move the resi up which I have considered.

In one photo it looked like the resi was behind the front wheel but I looked again and see now it's forward.

I just scored some used 3.0s and I gotta figure out where I'm going to mount the resi.

Getting the truck prepped for V2R. We leave Thursday! I did a once over last week and noticed the inner CV axle boots didn’t look the greatest. Pretty weathered. Outers were ok. I don't have the funds or the time to change the CVs out or try to replace the boots so after doing some research I found that Seal Savers makes a CV boot protection kit that’ll prolong the life of the boots long enough for the trip 🤞. I plan to replace the CVs when I get back home. The 930 CV seal savers is what I purchased and they fit damn near perfect. Other than that Roger is ready for another 1k mile trip.

IMG_4277.jpeg

IMG_4289.jpeg

How are the seal savers holding up? Notice any driveline vibrations or anything weird?

Sean

So far so good! I'm almost afraid to open them up but no grease flinging externally as of now. I bought new boots and grease to rebuild the current CVs when that time comes, but I may not have time to do them before the next trip, so i might just buy a brand new set, rebuild old ones when i have time and have an extra set.

No vibrations at all, even with the RCV IWE deletes in. regardless of what i end up doing I'm slapping the Seal Savers back on.

Back