remote brake booster

mobil1syn

trying to help a buddy out who has a brake booster interference issue on his chevy prerunner. so this is all based on my fuzzy memory

on DR there was a guy who have a j-arm or center mounted excab gutter ranger that had his brake booster mounted on the frame behind the cab. does this sound familiar to anyone?

regarding the electic theres a honda version that a handful of crawler guys like and are using. he is just trying to do something simple until he commits to a full cage. the engine cage was build around what's there and they 'massaged' the current booster to clear a tube and it has developed a leak. a smaller diameter booster is an option but any dimension changes may have a down stream effect on the master placement.

Don't know about brake booster but this is what Izzy Fab uses to remote mount hydroboost. Same concept with a single master cylinder pushing a slave cylinder that apply pressure to the booster, just like the pedal normally would.

trying to help a buddy out who has a brake booster interference issue on his chevy prerunner. so this is all based on my fuzzy memory

on DR there was a guy who have a j-arm or center mounted excab gutter ranger that had his brake booster mounted on the frame behind the cab. does this sound familiar to anyone?
That ranger was built by Jubera fab. He’s on here, maybe he’ll chime in.

The electric booster intrigues me. I'm going to have interference issues soon and have started looking into options. Didn't Chamlee have an interesting setup on either the race truck or prerunner?

Following this- I put manual brakes on my ranger 2 years ago and they are pretty underwhelming. Definetly looking to see what you guys have done to make this work- that remote unit looks pretty cool

You called. Lol J/ k.
On a serious not we did it to our old ranger that we built for a buddy. He wanted to go to bigger tires which interfeard with the booster and didn't want manual brakes so we opted to move the booster to the back of the truck and run a slave cylinder like a clutch set up. Ran a vacume line to it and it worked pretty damn good. Never had any issues the whole time he owned it. I know Willis fabworks owned it for a while after him. The brakes were more progressive due to the slave cylinder but east to get used to. I will see if I can dig up some photos.

I didn't remember him having a tread on DR. Havent been on dr in a long time. Crazy Jim was his sn I think.

Took some screen shots if anyone was intrested.Crazy to think how long ago that was.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230914_174235_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914_174235_Firefox.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20230914_174257_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914_174257_Firefox.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20230914_174242_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914_174242_Firefox.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 11
Back