Project G4 AKA Quasi-Ghetto

Been plugging away. Changed out front firewall bulkhead to square one with smaller tighter boots. Also put Noico sound deadener and foam on most of that part of firewall...

htGK1m3b_o.jpg

And made the holes for the black one I have on the way for ground. And made ground cable to back. Still waiting on fuse blocks so I can wire batteries in.

0yIzwTEL_o.jpg

Made the ground cable that is inside cab. Boots on everything. Gonna have to change name on instagram to "DasBoot" Also have the holley ECU main power and grounds done.

jO2UODaR_o.jpg

And then wired in the grounds for AC and both switch pros. Also finished wiring the 4 high current outputs on Switch Panel B. **Don;t worry... once I do the final, final install on those 3 grounds, I will put some heat shrink on the loom. The split loom has grounds for SwitchPros that split out of it up in the front, and don't want to make that permanent yet.

gjkQHBdg_o.jpg

Tell you what, I have a LOT of time in this already... the main battle for me is trying to wire it cleanly. So, trying to lay it out like a harness takes a lot of thought and practice runs of what will go where and what need to be spliced where....

"and would you look at that... just look at it."

acHecDGX_o.jpg
Well this post made all of the pictures come through. Not sure exactly what you had changed or maybe it was the amount of photo's you used per post?

I will try from phone today...

Hey guess what... still wiring!!! Got the switch B harness mostly completed last night. Don't have 1/8 DR25... so not sure if I want to wait to cover the single dome/cargo light wire in it before I finish it. I might put it on connector with another wire for brake light

20221106_175655.jpg
20221104_221804.jpg20221104_132208.jpg
20221104_132136.jpg
And when trying to figure out wiper, i realized it was still hitting tubes in there... still don't know how to wire park. (Think I need relay still?)... so need some help there.

But holy shit, I spent forever grinding my linkage down to nothing. Not sure it's gonna last, but it clears bow. Tried re-inforcing with scrap rod I had... still flimsy. Might need to add some more material in horizontal plane.

20221105_173814.jpg20221105_161733.jpg

Last edited:
I notched the tube in mine. Looks like that isn't an option for you any longer. What you tried adding some fiberglass to it or even something like bondo?

I can add a plate in the horizontal plane (ie plate will run from it back towards the steering wheel.) I have tons of space in that direction. If I use a small strip of 3/16" I bet it will be strong as shit. When i originally did it, I did the same. It just needs more material. I like to avoid notching tube, especially this one with the force it probably sees.

Last edited:
thanks guys! and yes... great feeling. But, sad I won't hear it run for a little while again.

had to tear everything back out again. Going to paint tubes in cab and spray floor... then I can assemble fully inside. (except I will need to mount speaker boxes at some point)

Spent last few nights finding/covering/filling all the random holes with weld. Big fun welding that factory galvanized sheet metal, not.

nd here is the dash all lit up..... I somehow goofed up on one of my connectors, so the wires are swapped on stereo and A/C light controls. Need to de-pin and re-pin the connector and that will be fixed. Not bad, can't complain.

Still trying to figure out the triggers between switches... (I want the one switch to wake up the other)... then I need to get triggers to run fans from Holley ECU info. Oh and all external wiring. Because the one thing that is stopping me from being able to drive is... trans needs 12V power to even work properly.

Swithpros are pretty cool..First switch is password protected from Blue tooth signal... and also has panel lock out... so you have to enter a 4 digit code to unlock panel and start the vehicle.

tFCV1biD_o.jpg

Just got my console back from Powdercoat. Holy shit that was fast. I took it in last Thursday at lunch to Electro-Tech. Just spend this lunch grabbing it and throwing the stuff back in it...

818RuWEr_o.jpg

Just went past the $69,420 mark on the truck. ouch. I suppose there should be a celebration for that?

Steekers!

YeafTsJ3_o.jpg

Installed all new china lights and turn signals...

QhZLOK7m_o.jpg

Got all the tubework painted in the cab...

23nxaFtz_o.jpg

le91Ir56_o.jpg

have to wait for paint to dry... so that meant I got to spend another million hours on wiring during a short 2 day vacation. And someone... please tell me there is a better way to get this heat shrink down a 8ft length of wire. NO way i could get the stuff on without using a cheater wire to pull it through. Took a while to even get a single wire through. Even after having the puller/lead.... I STILL had to jerk this thing off for like 30 minutes ... basically forcing it on inch by inch. Perhaps I should use bigger size? Next size up is 3/4 which seems huge for like 5x wires...

NgntPgV8_o.jpg

bunch more jerking on the rear portion of main body harness.

Got it all layed out. Need to pin connector and finish up a little more on the tail.. but almost done!

Then all I have to do is worry about the doors/windows. Suppose I will need a fuse block... and maybe relays? No clue how to make them work. Wish I had manual doors right now.

QI5PMwU1_o.jpg

pnur4ICi_o.jpg

5hW7mP9R_o.jpg

cjgifMFE_o.jpg

Swithpros are pretty cool..First switch is password protected from Blue tooth signal... and also has panel lock out... so you have to enter a 4 digit code to unlock panel and start the vehicle.

Man i'm getting stoked for you with how close you are on this truck.
question - for the thing i quoted here, doesn't that seem like it's going to be irritating on trips? idk, maybe just me but with all the beer & scenery and your-buddies-got-lost-or-broken stops, this seems like something I'd disable after the first few times, personally.

^^^ yea, not sure yet. Depends how often you turn it off and then back on again. So, we'll see.

Super easy to disable though. Just connect via app and change it. So, you could just turn it off for the trip. Or for the day or whatever.

I think I noticed a glitch/bug in it though. Thanks for reminding me. Gonna call them about it.

She's looking so good dude!

You said you were past $69,420.... Are you keeping track of everything spent on a spreadsheet?

^^ Yep, almost every single thing from sand paper and acetone, to bolts etc. There have been a few freebies.... and tools not included. But, it is an incredibly accurate account of what it takes to really build one.

Did this on 2Ghetto and G3 as well.... in addition to the PAD notes with most of tubework cut lengths, bend location with angles, and notch angles for G3 and G4. Only thing not included.. my labor!

Shows you just how expensive these are..

msOZsqyz_o.jpg

id3SETDg_o.jpg

it runs again... Pretty loud.

It also now has the front serpentine belt attached.... so power steering, water pump, alternator, etc... all working.

Proof was over 14 volts on the digital dash.
No leaks so far on radiator. But>> apparrently thermostat doesnt open until like 190ish??? So I probably didnt let it get hot enough. I only got it to like 180.
My biggest hurdle right now is I can't tell for shit where the fluid level really is on the trans dipstick!! Fluid is too clean. I want to try and put it in gear, but I need to get trans hooked up to 12V. So that means I need to finish the gnarness of a harness. I better get out there right now for lunch...

Back