Project G4 AKA Quasi-Ghetto

been ordering wiring shit and spending bank. Buying nice tinned copper wire for all main power.

Went overkill on bus bar... this is where I mounted it. Mounted with rivnuts of course. Will be getting battery cables etc done here soon. Also taking it to CRB for an aluminum console on 9/20.

73h1VeoD_o.jpg

Radiator should be done at JD fab. Always tinkering away on this. Still been planning out the main power wiring.

switch pros fuses
lBpN20dE_o.jpg

Put metripack connectors on the fans. Boy those are expensive

pbh2U9AH_o.jpg

#2 AWG cable for the switch pros, and will also use that same stuff for Alternator.
i240bkOz_o.jpg

1/0 AWG for the batteries. There will be second line coming thru that same slot too. Just got my VTE warehouse bulkheads to get those thru firewall
DyPBykOD_o.jpg

This is 12/3 that will run back to the fans and S2's in frame caps. Need to get a grommet. I have the same stuff in 10/3 for the front fans and light bar. It will get covered in that same red/black loom.
HoP9ZRBL_o.jpg

But, that is all going on hold... because...Finally getting into CRB for a center console!! Gonna be weird to not have my truck for a couple weeks. This is the first time I will have my personal trucks at a shop and not in my possession. Brakes felt quite mushy and suspect. But damn, she is looking killer...

hgjX1n5d_o.jpg

had to steal battery and winch to get it on trailer...
R0pjc5xy_o.jpg

qBVOI1Li_o.jpg

SUci6iLS_o.jpg

Up7Pmk0J_o.jpg

DqyzNgtl_o.jpg

Up7Pmk0J_o.jpg

oC6pMRWM_o.jpg

man.
i asked you this on IG but seriously how do you reach that trunk lid when it's up like that??
or do you never plan to run bedsides and that's what i'm missing..

plan is to always have bedsides on...

I can stand at rear of bumper, reach up and grab the breaker bar which is like a handle... and pull it down. Easy for me, but might be problem for smaller people?

This here is a "business class" pre-runner. Def not coach, and def not first class like them luxo-runner guys. And let's not even discuss the "exotic" pre-runner! I mean.....If i were a man of that class... this trunk would be using big dolla actuators, right? LOL

Speaking of luxury builds… check out this spare carrier setup. And then check out his response LOL! Can’t be getting your fingernails dirty getting the tires out

Attachments

• 199373FA-80B9-4CD3-8A26-76547DC1B331.png
    199373FA-80B9-4CD3-8A26-76547DC1B331.png
    725.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 66DBFC1C-798C-405B-A782-68AB54005172.jpeg
    66DBFC1C-798C-405B-A782-68AB54005172.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 36
LOL. They have a glove box for their isotoners?
^^ For reals thoug... that bottom spare would throw your back out.

It got real lonely in the garage with no truck... so I tidied up garage. Then I got bored with that so I started putting cable ends on my big cables since I have to do that anyway. Of course for the 1/0 AWG, the 50mm die is too large.. and the 35 is a bit too small. So I just crimp the 35 most the way. Same thing with the #2 AWG. 35 too big, 25 too small.

zUQAcvo2_o.jpg

Then I got my backup camera from Amazon

Made a backup camera mount for when i get the truck back. Think it should clear the plate. Other option I was thinking was to drill the plate out for it and mount in in the plate itself. I tested that on an old front license plate I had, but didn't really care for it. We'll see what this looks like when i get truck back.

y3XvpZ18_o.jpg

Oh, and check out the 18.5mm holesaw they gave me. Shit barely even scratched the metal... must be for the plastic cars they make today. LOL.

O4spBet6_o.jpg

hould be picking up the truck tomorrow. You know I over document... so here is some useless photos unless you care about the wiring details:

First get an idea of what steeekers you will want.

Originals
nYjP1oa9_o.jpg

Enhanced new ones:
h3lb5V0G_o.jpg

Then layout what switches you need... and start figuring out outputs

bE5dksKF_o.jpg

Then start combining outputs with how many wires you will need in the body harness.. and how many wires need to pass through firewall and how they will fan out

ncQyH0yI_o.jpg

Then do some test crimps and see what crimps work with what guage... and what can split to what... to know what size and length DR-25 to get. This marine wire is fatter than primary auto wire.

This one is a little bookoo on the 12 gauge going in.. but tight on 14 gauge going out...

g77Qqv7e_o.jpg

14nTqBSB_o.jpg

Then start seeing how many wires you can stuff in a given hole. hubba hubba. Also for determining DR-25

aYQmVUWk_o.jpg

Get bored and attach the 3 pin Metripacks for big amp accessories. Truck probably as heavy as a boat.. so use boat cable! LOL

gk9ZGRpD_o.jpg

Then go buy a $200 milspec plug to go thru firewall... and also buy $100 in DR-25 heat shrink tubing... because suddenly you think you are a wiring expert and gonna make a nice harness. We'll see how this goes...

Oh had a really bitchen shop visitor.. not to often you see this!!

got truck back with fresh new console. Came back with a small pair of tits to play with on the trail...

FpIcEfmp_o.jpg

Thinking to powdercoat semi gloss black. BUT>>> thinking I will leave the 2x bezels raw for some contrast....

dWLJlupi_o.jpg

N27KjBCN_o.jpg

mcO3qmSP_o.jpg

Time to take it apart and see the backside...

qZ2P8Xo9_o.jpg

Oh man... kinda boogery on some stuff... but guess that don't matter. And I can't say shit.. cuz I can't even weld aluminum.

971kzOyt_o.jpg

NIulM1uG_o.jpg

dL9iZXR4_o.jpg

Looks mo better with no tape

4Ye5c7b3_o.jpg

So, tear out all seats and dash again... now I need to finish up the floor and interior fab for speakers... did a few power cables too...

MawM8vqx_o.jpg

Pictures arent' showing up but when I click 'reply' I can see them... Will need to look into this
got truck back with fresh new console. Came back with a small pair of tits to play with on the trail...

FpIcEfmp_o.jpg

Thinking to powdercoat semi gloss black. BUT>>> thinking I will leave the 2x bezels raw for some contrast....

dWLJlupi_o.jpg

N27KjBCN_o.jpg

mcO3qmSP_o.jpg

Time to take it apart and see the backside...

qZ2P8Xo9_o.jpg

Oh man... kinda boogery on some stuff... but guess that don't matter. And I can't say shit.. cuz I can't even weld aluminum.

971kzOyt_o.jpg

NIulM1uG_o.jpg

dL9iZXR4_o.jpg

Looks mo better with no tape

4Ye5c7b3_o.jpg

So, tear out all seats and dash again... now I need to finish up the floor and interior fab for speakers... did a few power cables too...

MawM8vqx_o.jpg

^^weird...
DR is down right now. Not weird. HAHA

Been wiring in my head for weeks... finally getting some of it on the truck. Don't worry that white cable will get covered in the red and black sleeve (it already is now)

W41q9hN2_o.jpg

OOPS!! Wrong size die! Derp

DR4yN9o1_o.jpg

Main power cabled from PDU to switchpros, and main starter wire out of cab are done.

goO2l3fr_o.jpg

This giant boot is funny on the circular bulkhead. Boot is a little too big for cable too. Looking back, probably should have just done a square one here too. ** I actually just bought one today from VTE warehouse... so I WILL be switching it out to match the rest. The boot just seems flimsy and doesn't seal as well as the other one.

G3dJXkbV_o.jpg

Have the 4x high outputs on first switch done. These will go out through grommets in firewall (Fan1, Fan2, and Light bar all go out the 10/3 boat cable. The 10 gauge starter exciter wire will go out it's own grommet.)

g37J5Wqa_o.jpg

Got the flange style firewall bulkeads done in back. Ordered a black one so I can run a ground wire to in cab for the ECU and Switch pro's to be "direct connected" to battery.

M4rqaIVQ_o.jpg

1NLzqkpi_o.jpg

cb0QvdQC_o.jpg

Wired those main power lines inside cab to console last night... ordered some 250 amp fuse blocks from VTE warehouse. Then I can connect those to the fuses in back, and then the batteries!!

0zAMZvfj_o.jpg

yTvj99QL_o.jpg

QXF0aBYs_o.jpg

neXl822M_o.jpg

So some of your pictures are showing up on here and some aren't.

How are you importing the picture?

For simplicity on my end I usually email them over from my phone to myself. Copy the image on my computer and paste it over.

May not be 'simple' but I'm pretty much always on here on my work computer.

Aaron uses a very high resolution picture on each site he uploads to so it may be a server time out issue due to the amount of pictures uploaded on one page or it could be his host as well.

@theycallmeWALLY , if you lool at his posts with BB code off (as if you are editing his posts), you can see the address links and see if its an issue on your end or his.

Aaron uses a very high resolution picture on each site he uploads to so it may be a server time out issue due to the amount of pictures uploaded on one page or it could be his host as well.

@theycallmeWALLY , if you lool at his posts with BB code off (as if you are editing his posts), you can see the address links and see if its an issue on your end or his.
Thanks dude.

All of this stuff is new to us so just want to make sure we work out the kinks. Any and all help is much apricated.

Been plugging away. Changed out front firewall bulkhead to square one with smaller tighter boots. Also put Noico sound deadener and foam on most of that part of firewall...

htGK1m3b_o.jpg

And made the holes for the black one I have on the way for ground. And made ground cable to back. Still waiting on fuse blocks so I can wire batteries in.

0yIzwTEL_o.jpg

Made the ground cable that is inside cab. Boots on everything. Gonna have to change name on instagram to "DasBoot" Also have the holley ECU main power and grounds done.

jO2UODaR_o.jpg

And then wired in the grounds for AC and both switch pros. Also finished wiring the 4 high current outputs on Switch Panel B. **Don;t worry... once I do the final, final install on those 3 grounds, I will put some heat shrink on the loom. The split loom has grounds for SwitchPros that split out of it up in the front, and don't want to make that permanent yet.

gjkQHBdg_o.jpg

Tell you what, I have a LOT of time in this already... the main battle for me is trying to wire it cleanly. So, trying to lay it out like a harness takes a lot of thought and practice runs of what will go where and what need to be spliced where....

"and would you look at that... just look at it."

acHecDGX_o.jpg

TEstes! Hope my daughter stays away from the testes!

apparently my full size photos are killing bandwidth. Lets see if a thumbnail works...

KCv17GEf_b.jpg

0X8vmH1T_b.jpg

Yea, doesnt seem to work so good because you can't blow up to full size....

Back