Pressurized cabin for prerunner?

85Yota

I've heard of people using a air pumper setup to pressurize the cab of there trucks to keep dirt from coming in. Anyone here done that or know from experience what they used to make it work? I was thinking a parker pumper though rear of cab so filter outside and air outlet inside would pressure the cab space but not sure if that's enough or what setup people go with. Thinking about my next full build, even thought I'm not done with my current truck. 😂😂😂

just from my experience only......... i have been running a aftermarket AC system for many years with a pretty sealed up cab. everything you do will help with the dust. but only helps. every time you open your door dust will come in. leave your door open (while listening to the 2-way on side of course) dust will get in. when any dust gets in, it will just move around. it is better then noting. why not run a fresh air system and a AC? i could not imagine just a fresh air system with windows up only unless it is winter time.

in live in the high desert....put a AC/heat system and a air system.

I have an AC/heat system that's going in the truck. I'm just gonna seal up the cab good and run it, I know the single door seals on the 1968 Ford aren't the best.

I have always wondered about this. I ran a roof scoop on our rally car for this reason. The pressure would keep dust out and it worked awesome. But.... we weren't in anyone's dust very often. I ran a super thin cloth filter element to keep any dust/bees/bugs from being forced inducted into my lap lol. It would take a fare bit of volume to pressurize it with a pump of sorts. I was thinking the system would have to be tied into the ac/heat or it seams like it would work against it and make it harder for the ac/heat to work.

Look up the F2000 videos on YouTube and Terra Crew videos. It a bumpside F100 just like yours and he put ac and I think a super high volume pumper to pressurize the cab.

I'm ghetto and rock windows down with safety nets.

It pretty common. I have done something similar to and expo that I built years ago. We used one of the fans that are used for boats to clear out the fumes in the engine bay before you start it. Price was reasonable and the volume of air it moved was pretty impressive. It had a 4 inch inlet and outlet.

SteveGs Bronco, built by Chris Wilson's dad has a cone filter under the cowl and a pumper to pressurize the cab. I think the trick is to put the inlet in a area that is already high pressure. SteveG may have photos if it.

I was reading somewhere that you can use a set 04-07 Honda civic door seal and it is a lot better then the factory f100 door seals.

I am currently working on a product that is very similar to what you guys are discussing. It will involve an air pumper to move filtered air throughout the cabin. I have been working on this for about a year now. I will update once I have more details worked out and I can offer discount pricing for the guys on this forum.

SteveGs Bronco, built by Chris Wilson's dad has a cone filter under the cowl and a pumper to pressurize the cab. I think the trick is to put the inlet in a area that is already high pressure. SteveG may have photos if it.
welcome..

Hey Guys,

I got these about wrapped up finally. See thread below and let me know if any of you guys are interested.

just from my experience only......... i have been running a aftermarket AC system for many years with a pretty sealed up cab. everything you do will help with the dust. but only helps. every time you open your door dust will come in. leave your door open (while listening to the 2-way on side of course) dust will get in. when any dust gets in, it will just move around. it is better then noting. why not run a fresh air system and a AC? i could not imagine just a fresh air system with windows up only unless it is winter time.

in live in the high desert....put a AC/heat system and a air system.
Did you move from orange? I ran into one day and said hi when I saw the yellow stripe!

Back