new vehicles built in government shut offs??

charlie brown

so i guess this could come to be? it also says that if a driver is making several erratic moves the auto shut down could happen. the example they gave was for impaired driving.

"It gets even better: Barr points out that the bill, which has been signed into law by President Biden, states that the kill switch, which is referred to as a safety device, must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired.” In other words, Big Brother will constantly be monitoring how you drive. If you do something the system has been programmed to recognize as driver impairment, your car could just shut off, which could be incredibly dangerous.

There is the possibility the kill switch program might measure your driving as impaired, then when you try to start the car up again the engine won’t fire up. That would potentially leave you stranded.

But wait, there’s more. This kill switch “safety” system would be open, or in other words there would be a backdoor. That would allow police or other government authorities to access it whenever."

straight outta 1984

It's insane the privacy that people are okay with relinquishing out of convenience...

Ever notice you'll talk to someone about something in a text message or over the phone and then... an hr later you see an ad for the very item you discussed....

Hey Alexa? yea that shit is always listening... your phone. The Ring doorbells and camera systems.....

ahhhhhh let me adjust my tin foil hat...

🤠

Seems like a good idea on paper, but all it's going to take is someone dieing because the car shuts off in front of a semi and gets desintigrated.

This is the exact reason why I’m gonna start a PreSmog F100/F250 collection and start leaving my phone at home more often. The overreach is out of control and only going to get worse
Fuggin DITTO. Years ago, I wondered if the emissions overreach would lead to locked down ecm and finally the gooberment getting back doors to shut you down. Whelp, 1984 isn't supposed to be a documentary!

I'm so glad my newest rigs barely have good EFI and ease of finding parts. Even our kidhauler is easy to fix.

This whole gooberment overreach has gotta find a limit some day.

It's pretty wild how many people could care less about this type of control. They'd just rather focus on working to buy the latest and greatest anything. Basically existing without direction.
It’s actually kind of scary how little some people want control of their own lives!

Back