Mojave Rd. trip plan

We need to find a safe spot to leave the trucks and trailers too.

Maybe we should all leave Friday?

I’m going to try to see. But I’m not sure if I can.

If I can’t, I want to see if maybe in April or early May; anyone wants to do a family trip.
So kid focused… I have a 3.5/7.5 yr olds.

So looking to do a slower trip with lots of camping exploring, and not so much partying. (I’ve had to stop going with the groups I know because they are the party groups and the high speed groups. Bringing my kids is no fair to anyone).
Bud.... You are in good company bunch of us here are in the DAD MILES CREW...

We started to talk about a DAD's trip the end of march/April. With KOH and other trips filling up the schedule, it seems it went by the wayside.

Might need to recoil on the dates but... lets do it!

Have you considered a camping spot for Friday night that isn't too deep?

I wont be able to meet up on Thursday I can potentially roll out on Friday evening.

I was hoping to camp at Caruther's Canyon Friday night. Hole in the wall is one of the stops we are planning to make. If it's too far to cruise up to Caruther's canyon from the 40 on Friday night, maybe you can camp there and we can drive down to meet you Saturday morning. I'll discuss it more with Brian and post up soon.

We need to find a safe spot to leave the trucks and trailers too.

Maybe we should all leave Friday?

Sorry man, but I'm useless there. I don't know of anywhere to drop off trucks and trailers.

The plan is for whoever can to camp out Thursday night somewhere near the start of the trail. We will begin the actual trail Friday morning around 8 or 9am.

Last edited:
Sweet! Well if anyone else tows there stuff out...let's figure a cool/safe spot for the trucks and trailers.

Trying to get a roll call for this. Add your name to the list

Bodj
@Motiracer38
@Klever
@dodah
@whitetrashkyle
@Fatjeff

SByota and 8 year old minion as co-dawg are in! We are leaving zero dark thirty on Friday morning to catch the group at the start. Headed home Sunday.
I’m going to try to see. But I’m not sure if I can.

If I can’t, I want to see if maybe in April or early May; anyone wants to do a family trip.
So kid focused… I have a 3.5/7.5 yr olds.

So looking to do a slower trip with lots of camping exploring, and not so much partying. (I’ve had to stop going with the groups I know because they are the party groups and the high speed groups. Bringing my kids is no fair to anyone).

I’m bringing my 8 year old son. Bring your kids!

Theres some good protected camping just to the west of the lava tubes.
35.18439, -115.85145
coordinates I have marked off to turn NE from the road back behind the rock hills.

Also, has anyone seen anything about the condition of Soda Lake...?

Theres some good protected camping just to the west of the lava tubes.
35.18439, -115.85145
coordinates I have marked off to turn NE from the road back behind the rock hills.

Also, has anyone seen anything about the condition of Soda Lake...?

That was an option I was tossing around, but the plan is to camp at Caruthers. Whoever can make it, great. If not, camp at Hole in the Wall and we'll meet up with you in the morning.

I haven't looked into it yet. I don't expect it to be open with the amount of rain we've had, though.

Edit: Looks like the lakebed is closed. We'll have to head north on Rasor, 15 across to Kelbaker, and hop off the road immediately as they are doing construction on Kelbaker. Then we can drop back down and get back on the trail.

Last edited:
Well my chances just got slimmer. I guess the lake bed isn't the only thing left soggy after the rainsPXL_20230303_214402462.jpg

Pulled my ham radio to see why it was acting up. Found the whole drivers side carpet and sound insulation wet. We will see what happens

I’m not sure what sound deadener and carpet have to do with dirt miles, fire/cooked meats, the 9% rule, and laughing our assets off in the dezert.

Carpet delete. Weight savings. no mildew smell. Win!

Back