Local Legend "jolene" 1993 ford ranger

The last piece of the puzzle gets finished JUST in time. I needed some real light on the front of my truck and splurged for some Baja designs LP6’s. I’ve never had anything that nice ever so I had to give them a good home so I Designed a billet light bar bracket to bolt to my bumper. My dude Ryan jubera machined it up in the most beautiful fashion with insane looking tool paths. I could not be happier with this piece!
I tucked the lights as close to the grill as I could so I didn’t have anything sticking past the bumper too far. Recessed the light brackets into the aluminum bar to help hide hardware and keep the lights right under the top chromes strip of the grille.

Can’t wait to go hit some bushes with it!

View attachment 15012
View attachment 15013
View attachment 15014
View attachment 15015
View attachment 15016
View attachment 15017
looks rad dude! great work! awesome seeing you this weekend!

Truck looked awesome yesterday! Glad i got to stop by and say whats up!

Thank you everyone! The expo was an incredible experience and I’m so thankful for terra crew for not only letting me bring my truck but also set up a small both and sell my products! Looking forward to doin it bigger and better next year

Got some wiring done on the new lights this weekend! So stoked to see what these things do out in the desert. I’ve never had nice lights before, always just made do with amazon stuff but this is super exciting!!
Waiting for my spindles to get done at the machine shop. They needed new sleeves pressed in and honed to spec. After that we’re ready to clock in on some dirt miles!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    724.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0653.jpeg
    IMG_0653.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 32
You inspired me to get a couple amber lp6's a few days ago also. I ran the amazon special light bar, then ali express light bar l, and i finally stepped up to BD after having them in my wish list for over 3 years. I will get them mounted and test them out. I think we will be content, as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for". That jubera bracket is clean

UPDATES! With a little bit of bitching. Lol

Originally I bought the truck because it had a cage and I used to say “I’ll never cage another truck ever again”. well, as time went on that sort of thinking bit me in the ass because I’ve grown to really dislike a lot of this cage. Not a single tube was installed with the thought of tucking it close to the cab in my opinion. B pillars way too far inboard and the c pillar is about 4” away from the back window.
Now that I have kiddo the hate grew deeper as I’m trying to mount a small 3rd seat in it to go cruise around as a family. Originally I wanted to built a platform for a car seat to sit on but that was out the window as soon as I realized how big they are and how little space I have. I picked up a teeny bopper seat that will work though!
Started building its base, it’ll have 4 legs that raise it up to a good height for us to reach him easily. Obviously I’ll be going extremely slow as he’s only 13 months but it doesn’t matter- as long as the 3 of us are out there!!

Hopefully I don’t cut this cage out in the process and miss our annual new years trip 😂😅
IMG_1320.jpeg
IMG_1297.jpeg

They should incorporate some type of padded elastic velcro strap on small seats. I took my nephew (6 years old) for a rip in my truck and his head was flopping all over the place. I had to reach over and hold his head back lol

Yeah my wife brought that up. We’re gonna see if some head padding from our other car seats will work on this seat. Velcro is a good idea!
Obviously I’ll be driving like 10mph everywhere but ya. Can never be too safe with them!

Where did you get the seat? I think I might try to put one in 2ghetto. I wasnt thinking ahead for three seats when I built that. Nor G4. haha.

looks like the Empi 62-2771 one? they don't show total depth...

Last edited:
It’s the empi race trim child seat. Got it at kartek. If I had the room I woulda much rather built a platform and strapped in a regular car seat. But those are damn big!

Attachments

• IMG_1271.jpeg
    IMG_1271.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 39
shit, i see you already replied. haha.

what is depth of it if you stuck it up against the wall?

I’ll have to measure again but I wanna say it was 18-19”. That was a key measurement for me as well so I made sure to check in store haha

I use to rachet strap the car seat base into my 3rd seat to drive my boy around. Believe it or not the kid would pass out within minutes even with how loud it is in the cab and we cruise from stop to stop while he slept. Worked great for "nap" time in the desert.

when i had my daughter (29 now) i got a plastic bucket seat. was able to mount it in the back. i had to cut it a bit to fit it but it was plastic so as long as i did not trim it to much it held its strength. i used some expandable foam inside of it where i cut it.

but my cage (thats over 30yr old) was built with 1 1/2 that was race legal back then and some TT trucks used it.

also i have reclining seats (mastercraft) so i wood slide the seats a bit forward and upright a bit.

would be hard as hell to mount a 3rd seat in a ranger with a 2" cage no matter what. it would be better if the "C" was mounted outside.

Koh few years ago in old buggy. Kid was out in 5 minutes. Car seat in race seat works great. But with a small race seat you don’t have the head support.

Hardest thing with the truck now is the head or helmet bobbing. With the helmet you can use a neck pad that Velcro's to the helmet and it helps.

Looking forward to seeing how it works out. I have a little jump seat in the third position of my truck but plan to squeeze that same little race seat in mine eventually.

Attachments

• 745F956E-14C5-4910-B447-537D7288C614.jpeg
    745F956E-14C5-4910-B447-537D7288C614.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 28
Back