Local Legend "jolene" 1993 ford ranger

So cool to see some good ol Newline and SI bits out there running around ;)
heck yeah man. i found all the steering parts on craigslist of all places for like 300 bucks with all the heims in it haha!
tom said he thinks those parts might have been done at newline because he said it appeared to be welded left handed.
no idea.
the beams and radius arms are off the green leaf sprung ranger that you guys did at newline.. my good friend currently owns that truck and is almost done with a complete rebuild on it.

Nestor is left handed. I welded a bunch of those kits myself and weld both left and right. I like to keep the welds flowing/looking a certain way.
if you have any old pics from building these rangers back in those days id love to see em! the way you guys did the rangers back then are still second to none in my opinion. they have always been a dream vehicle of mine which is why i copied em as close as my skills allowed haha

took the truck out to terras "speed metal" event and holy smokes was it fun! i finally got to put faces to names on here which is always great! good to finally meet you guys zach and cole!
the desert loop they had set up was a ton of fun with lots of turns and some mild whoops. definately catered to builds of all levels which is awesome to see.
then it was time for the super intimidating "infield" track. i didnt really know what to expect hitting it at speed all i knew is that the whoops were fucking YUGE LOL. the truck did really well though and i had a blas driving it! the first sesh was only 30 mins so i only got two laps around the infield track meaning i didnt muster up the courage to hit the big ass double. i had some family stuff to do in the evening so i wasnt able to drive in the second evening sesh ((bummer) regardless i had a blast and cant wait to drive the truck again!
heres some pics from the event

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5468 (1).jpg
    IMG_5468 (1).jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5497.jpg
    IMG_5497.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5501.jpg
    IMG_5501.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6079-Edit.jpg
    IMG_6079-Edit.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6091.jpg
    IMG_6091.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6136.jpg
    IMG_6136.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 44
Where's the picture of your shit stained seat after you kissed the front bumper? haha
Oh yeah! I forgot to post those pics! I haven’t gotten any cool pics from the infield track but I have a few screen grabs
The first time I jumped it I flew really flat and it was smooth. The second time around the lip was NOT nice to me lol. Pretty scary and I definitely hit the front driver wheel really hard but everything is a-ok!!

Attachments

• IMG_8817.png
    IMG_8817.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8816.png
    IMG_8816.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8815.png
    IMG_8815.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
so the trucks been great for the last two years or so. Naturally, I had to ruin that by cutting shit off
First order of business is redoing lower shocks mounts on the beams. They bind the lower misalignments on the shocks at droop and I actually had to strap it higher than what it was capable of. Also putting the shocks on was a pain in the ass.
Shocks are going to dialed to get the added internal spacers removed to bring the shocks back to 14” stroke (we shortened em closer to 13)
Cut some really nice fab work off today. That was painful but we got through it 😂
IMG_9705.jpeg

Back