Go Fast See More Or Go Slow See Less?

BEFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEE I died and came back a gay d<*&^#@! loving obssesed yogi fag...............

i mean, yes, i always WANTED TO stick with the go-fast prerunner type shit/dual sport buggy i built for papa type stuff, but honestly, when i was into the "rock crawling" shit with my Red BillyBadassBronco........... i got sooooooooooo many more "dirt miles", time just being out and OFF paved roads, and met so many more amazing people on trails, id be stupid to say "im all for go fast/longtravel/sick jumps and whoops" over the slow crawling type shit.

honestly, it was a HELL OF A LOT CHEAPER as well. granted, i didn't build the bronco very much, but the amount of money i did have into it, was nothing compared to the "smiles per miles" thing.

either way, it don't matter now since im overly obsessed with going into DownDogs, being surrounded by hot ass chicks in yoga pants, and making them laugh their cute little asses off at how mentally and physically disabled i am.
:ROFLMAO::LOL::giggle:;)😅😂

ridiculously fun and, even with a fucking brain injury, UNFORGETTABLE memories to be had in this................

IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_4608.JPG

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddddd................................

fucking awesome to LOOK at. and prance around in with my sick badges.............
but thats it.
PussyGetter has twice as much money into it already as the Bronc had
IMG_20180913_181908976.jpg
IMG_20180209_060124134_LL.jpg

IMG_20160413_093207092.jpg

Yea I mean if you buy someone else's project and make it yours both can be done fairly "cheap" if you keep the build modest.

I think back to 2009 I bought my little single cab for $2700... with front kit on it on like 31'' with extra trans and a Re-End.
haha Thing was a blast to drive like that too haha.
4118210250_e0b737e9fa_o.jpg

4wd/Rock Crawler game I guess once you get some Springs and shocks to fit bigger meats in there you can just send it.
but once you start looking at T-Case parts and gears/locker/HD axles. Shit gets pricey in a hurry.
Even shit boxes are pricey now. I rolled my xj that did pretty good for a modest and cheap build pre 2021. Got it for 3k and swapped out my older xj’s good parts it had maybe $11k with some pretty decent parts. Picked up a 4wd 1st gen double cab for a cheap 11k with 287k miles some old ass 32’s and icon stage 1 lift. Now going spring under it was $5k just for rear suspension hacking it together myself and now working on a JD fab front kit I’ll be $5k into the front and that’s skimping. I don’t think anything is relatively cheap anymore which suck for the kids wanting to have fun. Building a handyman of off road I think is the best, a little go fast and a little rock for year round fun and remote activities.

My equipment limits me to the slow rocky stuff, but its not even built up enough to be considered a "crawler"... otherwise my dirt bike gets me everywhere my K5 cant...

I want to get in to the faster paced side of the off-road world sooner than later, I have a K5 that got t-boned thats been sitting for a few years thats slated to be my go-fast machine. I'm just waiting for the time and space to free up so I can cut it in half! Yet at the same time my dumb ass has been collecting parts to make an actual "rock crawler" too

I do both, have rigs for both, and love em both. Offroading with your friends is really the goal, don't care what ya showed up in. The high speed is a very hyper focused in the zone rush and seeing how long you can keep your foot in it before disaster, but the terrain where you can do that is limited to the open areas and desert.

On the other hand crawling,like others have said take you to some very tucked away hard to reach places is mellow for the most part but gettin all twisted and sideways on a line flirting with balance and throttle control is super gratifying when she hooks and makes it thru, shit gets downright pucker factor gnarly if you want it to, but it's more methodical problem puzzle solving.

More noticeable in the crawling side of things is you can have an absolute crumpled pile of a vehicle and make it up lines the fancy 100k$ rigs get stuck on, the rocks truly are a great equalizer so the diversity of the rigs you go out with make it just a great time.

Prerunners tho, generally speaking the more coin ya got into your rig usually your goin faster.

Love em both.

I’m also not too big on the tippy feeling. Especially when I’m not in control

Both
goin' fast gets me to lots of awesome places during a trip. usually beaches, missions, other stuff (Baja, etc)
Goin' slow gets me to 1 awesome place that's harder to get to (alpine lakes, etc)

Back