Local Legend Don't Call It An S10

i dig the family comfort trailer pull. as for the muffler, check out the black widow ones. i have had 2 of them. race venom current set up. small and i dont have any drone noise. i have had many mufflers from flowmaster and manglaflow dynomax. the black widow have held up and dont kill me on noise while to baja on the freeway. the flowmaster i had to weld up cracks all the time. i think because they are so heavy

There are much nicer fans out there than the flex a lite kits. They need a custom shroud and mounting etc but they’re insane. Pull something like 90amps on startup too. Used 3 of them on our shop TT prerunner with an LSX.

Geez. I believe my wiring stuff is rated for 40 amps. I don’t think you saw how tight it is, but there isn’t room for deeper fans. The flex a lite kit is really shallow, which I’m even nervous about that fitting.

i dig the family comfort trailer pull. as for the muffler, check out the black widow ones. i have had 2 of them. race venom current set up. small and i dont have any drone noise. i have had many mufflers from flowmaster and manglaflow dynomax. the black widow have held up and dont kill me on noise while to baja on the freeway. the flowmaster i had to weld up cracks all the time. i think because they are so heavy

Hopefully I’m done swapping mufflers. I’ve had black widow in the past and those broke off. They sounded great though, but definitely louder than what I currently have. I have a hanger before and after the muffler, so I’m not worried about it coming off

Install a second set of short limit straps to the rear suspension so the trailer won’t push the back of the truck up and around during an emergency hard braking scenario. I’m not saying it will happen, but if you have 1,000lbs or more of trailer tryin to push the back of the truck upwards as the front is pushed down during a hard stop, i could see things getting squirrely.

Install a second set of short limit straps to the rear suspension so the trailer won’t push the back of the truck up and around during an emergency hard braking scenario. I’m not saying it will happen, but if you have 1,000lbs or more of trailer tryin to push the back of the truck upwards as the front is pushed down during a hard stop, i could see things getting squirrely.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. I'll figure something out.

The wife ended up towing the trailer with the 1500 so I could drive the prerunner up. It stayed plenty cool on the highway, but warmed up when in traffic. Got up there without issue, and my wife did great towing for her first time. The trailer worked AWESOME, but I need to figure out why the water heater isn't getting gas and lighting. No issues aside from that. Having a heater and toilet is a game changer lol.

The changes to the rear shocks were so good! I didn't do much cruising around or hit anything huge, but the low speed changes seem to have helped a ton. I'm really excited to see how it does in a real desert. I got to give my niece and nephew rides, and ripped around with my mom, dad, and wife. It was cool getting to use all the seats. The new exhaust has a great sound and is much quieter. Doesn't sound any less aggressive, just less volume. My brother rode in the back and said it wasn't bad at all. Can't wait to throw the new fans in and do a proper coolant bleed with the new vacuum system.

1701051947558.jpeg

In other news, I grabbed a solid laptop and pulled the trigger on a 3D scanner. I'm excited to get started learning the process and making products.
Decided the first scan would be our fat dalmatian while she was sleeping.

1701052046970.jpeg

Attachments

• 1701051936598.jpeg
    1701051936598.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 9
It looks worse than it feels.

I just ordered a dual flex-a-lite fan kit. Apparently the Amazon ones I have only pull a claimed 800cfm but I don’t feel any draw when my hand is in front of the radiator. Hopefully this helps my cooking situation. It’s plenty cool at speed, but ramps up when going slow. This coupled with a new radiator (soon) should take care of everything

No possible way to make a mechanical one work? Flex a lite might work while unloaded but during summing and towing, might become a problem when you hit a hill.

Also, the more core rad you put in there, the more it reduces air flow with the electric fans so it doesn’t always help.

No possible way to make a mechanical one work? Flex a lite might work while unloaded but during summing and towing, might become a problem when you hit a hill.

Also, the more core rad you put in there, the more it reduces air flow with the electric fans so it doesn’t always help.

Zero chance fitting a mechanical fan in there, unfortunately. The flex a lite fans come with a shroud so should be better than what I have in there right now. Overall a net gain. Just tight space constraints. I’m praying the new fans and eliminating any air pockets is enough.

Could you swap to Corvette or f body Camaro drive and water pump since they're closer to engine. Truck accessories are furthest forward setup.

Could you swap to Corvette or f body Camaro drive and water pump since they're closer to engine. Truck accessories are furthest forward setup.

Maybe? As it is, there is less than 1/8" of clearance from the fans to the pulleys in some parts. Not much I can do until I ditch the core support and move the radiator and AC condenser forward more.

Will save you about 1-1/2" going Corvette over truck but that means new water pump, alternator ps pump etc

Yeah when I did the ls3 swap on the sport trac we ran Camaro spacing because that's what ps pump would clear everything

I had to do all the above... and still had to trim into my header panel some too! And that left no room for condenser either. Ron Davis radiator was much larger than anticipated. I have like 1/8" clearance or less in places.
Really hoping I dont have any cooling issues. So far around town it seems to work great... but that ain't like a sand wash!!!

I had to do all the above... and still had to trim into my header panel some too! And that left no room for condenser either. Ron Davis radiator was much larger than anticipated. I have like 1/8" clearance or less in places.
Really hoping I dont have any cooling issues. So far around town it seems to work great... but that ain't like a sand wash!!!

So I was thinking through this problem and I'll be able to move my AC condenser in front of the core support, allowing me room to move the radiator forward more. I'm thinking that'll be at least enough clearance to fit my new fans, but hopefully enough clearance to upgrade to a 3 core radiator soon-ish.

For now, I picked up a single 2.5x10" triple bypass to match the single bypass I got from the swapmeet for $150 a few years ago. Not sure on the history of the swapmeet bypass, but it has a different seal head retainer, which is cool. Gotta pull them both apart and get the valving equal. These will probably be going on the front of the Sonoma to help with bottoming resistance. Going to try mounting it on a bushing to remove the clickity clack.

1701726143213.jpeg

1701726176268.jpeg

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. I'll figure something out.

The wife ended up towing the trailer with the 1500 so I could drive the prerunner up. It stayed plenty cool on the highway, but warmed up when in traffic. Got up there without issue, and my wife did great towing for her first time. The trailer worked AWESOME, but I need to figure out why the water heater isn't getting gas and lighting. No issues aside from that. Having a heater and toilet is a game changer lol.

The changes to the rear shocks were so good! I didn't do much cruising around or hit anything huge, but the low speed changes seem to have helped a ton. I'm really excited to see how it does in a real desert. I got to give my niece and nephew rides, and ripped around with my mom, dad, and wife. It was cool getting to use all the seats. The new exhaust has a great sound and is much quieter. Doesn't sound any less aggressive, just less volume. My brother rode in the back and said it wasn't bad at all. Can't wait to throw the new fans in and do a proper coolant bleed with the new vacuum system.

View attachment 17155

In other news, I grabbed a solid laptop and pulled the trigger on a 3D scanner. I'm excited to get started learning the process and making products.
Decided the first scan would be our fat dalmatian while she was sleeping.

View attachment 17156
can we see the a picture of the dog not through a 3d scan lol

Im looking forward to see how you mount the front bypass with a poly bushing.

Back