Local Legend Don't Call It An S10

driveway, tent, front yard, backyard... whatever it takes!

well done sir. bet the emotions are high right now.

Thanks guys! Driveway fab is all I can do. Shop fab is too high brow for me...

Driveway fab is the way it's done. I did that for many years, even after I moved out of my parents home, until neighbors complained soo much I rented a spot in a shop, which 2 months later got a better job and wanted to close the shop, so I took it over and have had one ever sense. Once you get a shop it's hard to go back to no shop. It's awesome to have especially when you work fulltime and only have nights and weekends to work. Shop makes the nights be as late as you want to work. I did the 4-7:30 driver to work 8-5, than quick dinner and 6-9 to get a truck done to race. I wouldn't be where I am now if I didn't start in driveway with almost no tools looking back.

Space is toight like a toiger in there! 4" intake tubing is no joke. I have about 1/4" clearance from the serpentine belt tensioner, and the upper radiator hose is laying on top of it. It's the best I can do, though. Got the hard part tacked up last night. Couple more tacks and I can burn it in.

1697745810340.jpeg

The 3D printed jig I made worked great for marking the cuts. I don't have my horizontal bandsaw at my house, so I hand cut it all and used the disc sander to get it as flat as I could.

1697745869558.jpeg

Ram out of argon and waiting on couplers, so couldn’t finish the intake today. Instead I got the rear end cycled and driveshaft length is fine, rotated the pinion so the angle matches the transfer case output, added the cooling fans, mounted coolers and core support and headlights. And I got the drivers side exhaust mostly routed. Going to dump out the side in front of the rear tires since there’s nowhere else for me to bring it further back. I started the truck to hear how that one side sounded, and found the trans cooler leaking a ton behind the grill, so I ordered a new one. My back hurts from crawling under the truck all day, so I’m on the couch now lol. I migged the v bands on, and debating either mig welding everything else to finish it faster, or to stainless tig over those mig welds on the v bands and tig the rest of it.

I would mig weld the exhaust because we all know you are going to want more power as some point and that's gonna require a more free flowing exhaust.

Hopefully I get to see it driving soon!

More free flowing than dual 3” with an H pipe, no cats, and flow through Borlas?

You’re gonna want to squeeze some 1-7/8 long tube headers on this bad boy at some point. Those manifolds are gonna be your restriction. But I like that you did 3 inch all the way out 💪🏻
I genuinely don’t think I’ll ever be able to fit long tubes, unfortunately. As is, a single 3” barely squeezes by.

3” so I can hear all those cubes making that bass!

yea, 4" intake is bonkers. I remember getting the tube and thinking how the fuck is this gonna fit!!?

mine clears alternator pulley by like 3/16"... and electric fan by like the same. I feel like that is with everything up front though. Stuffing a V8 in mini-truck isn't easy of you want big bypasses, A/C, and all that shit fitting within a 3-piece front end.

Back