Dirt Yota

My Tacoma is an extra cab with no backseat. My 8 year old uses a “booster” in an adult sized race style seat. The booster raises him up enough in the adult size seat to use regular belts. He has been running this set up since he was 7 and will probably need it a few more years.

I like that I can remove the booster and have a full sized seat again in seconds.

Aces Racing Booster Cushion for UTV Seats (Works on All Stock and aftermarket Seats) (3 inx2 in (Back and Bottom)) https://a.co/d/4Dm7GEX
I do the same for my 6 year old. She has a full size adult seat and she uses the same Graco booster as in my regular truck.

It’s a tight squeeze with the cage in there. Gotta figure out if I’m going to run stock bench with 4 point for 11 ur old or ditch it and add youth seat for him and figure out something for lil one… think 4 point with stock bench till lil one is enough for racing bench/seat.
Mine is currently setup with an adult seat in the rear for my 6 year old, but as my son get closer to desert age (he's 2 months old now), I'll likely reconfigure the rear to have the adult seat behind the front passenger (scoot the front seat as far forward as possible) and a child seat behind the driver.

My Tacoma is an extra cab with no backseat. My 8 year old uses a “booster” in an adult sized race style seat. The booster raises him up enough in the adult size seat to use regular belts. He has been running this set up since he was 7 and will probably need it a few more years.

I like that I can remove the booster and have a full sized seat again in seconds.

Aces Racing Booster Cushion for UTV Seats (Works on All Stock and aftermarket Seats) (3 inx2 in (Back and Bottom)) https://a.co/d/4Dm7GEX

View attachment 9076

I had my 11 yr old sitting in a pillow in passenger seat but got an ACE’s 4” booster pad yesterday. Should work great for him.
F4B41882-D774-4EFE-ABBC-6B36161FF5C3.jpeg6574FBBE-4F10-4898-86F9-DF4A56BB4C3D.jpeg0870E4DC-1EA9-4C7B-982B-AC93DE486589.jpeg

I do the same for my 6 year old. She has a full size adult seat and she uses the same Graco booster as in my regular truck.

Mine is currently setup with an adult seat in the rear for my 6 year old, but as my son get closer to desert age (he's 2 months old now), I'll likely reconfigure the rear to have the adult seat behind the front passenger (scoot the front seat as far forward as possible) and a child seat behind the driver.

My 6yr old is a skinny lil boy, he definitely needs a car seat or possibly a youth seat with booster… maybe a UTV or Jeep bench seat would work in back. Older boy would fit with no booster and lil guy would fit with booster.

Last edited:
Hit Pisbro with kids other day. Super tracked up and choppy from all the golf carts. Was fun till P2111 code (TB stuck open).

F0DAD7F2-102D-4C4B-ACC2-1FC6AFD4073B.jpeg20225409-3CFE-4C9B-9CDA-6037CFC49F54.jpegIMG_1068.jpg

Cleared code and drove fine then hit again and went in limp mode back by sand drag area, cleared code and told buddy who had his three kids we should back then bam dead in water lol. Don’t think woulda been fun pulling my trucks dead weight with his stick 4Runner out of dunes ha. Got her up and running and bounced!

@dwphoto it currently has a stock, whatever the tundra it came from had 🤷‍♂️ desperately needs it as she barely gets out of her own way. The old red one has 4.56 w/33 and boogied.

Last edited:
Nice truck! lol

Glad your happy with the build Cory.

It was a hard build to complete considering I got married, divorced, and almost went out of business all while trying to finish the truck 😅

Also those months I spend not able to walk after getting severely burnt didn't help.

After that first trip to pismo, I knew it was worth all the effort.

Nice truck! lol

Glad your happy with the build Cory.

It was a hard build to complete considering I got married, divorced, and almost went out of business all while trying to finish the truck 😅

Also those months I spend not able to walk after getting severely burnt didn't help.

After that first trip to pismo, I knew it was worth all the effort.

Life likes to get in the way of shit sometimes 😆 that first drive made it all worth it!!!

Excited to see what comes out of shop as you keep squirting on metal, a true artist!!! 👨‍🎨

IMG_1342.jpgIMG_1345.jpegIMG_1329.jpegIMG_1326.jpeg

Knocked some basic maintenance, fuel filter, plugs and wires. Truck as 170k and they were original plugs (Toyota ran 3 NGK and 3 Denso) and one would assume it was original fuel filter too. The driver rear plug was a pita!!! Scraped up knuckles and many curse words but got it done. The best part is this fixed the misfire I was getting at high rpm just before rev limiter! Stoked!!!

Back