Dirt Yota

so is DTF officially shut down now? I only remember small bits of that drama

...When are you linking it? :devilish:
Nah he is up and running as a 1 man show. He had some personal set backs and what not but has sub leased shop space to two close friends and is now back at it. Expect some big things coming out from him moving forward. He said mine is last project truck lol, focusing on kits, bumpers etc.

Last edited:
Nice truck! Im definitely partial to 1st gen Tacoma’s!

Why the outboard springs? Not criticizing, just curious.

Nice truck! Im definitely partial to 1st gen Tacoma’s!

Why the outboard springs? Not criticizing, just curious.
Im a fan of 1 gen Tacomas!

This is my first go round with the inverted shackles and being outside of the frame rails, the springs and shocks came off previous truck but was paired with TC shackles setup. This was something Anthony who built the truck wanted to do and sold to me as we’d be able to run shocks/bumps right above spring, outboard the frame and said it should help handling/stability with springs further out. I haven’t used it enough to really know. My old truck was also 03’ dbl cab but 4x with burg 3.5” and same springs n bypasses, no cab cage though… trucks are same but way different lol

Drove her up to shop for a little shroud. Space is tight but we(Anthony) got it done. Should help keep temps in normal range. A542B6AC-0289-4649-8709-B09BA1BB36EA.jpegB9AEF028-5D71-42C5-AC44-D6C9C2FF449B.jpegD223854F-1D8D-4E14-B347-200E75A47D71.jpeg
Close to finish shot I took. Will get another when I pull it to paint it.

I need to get me garage cleared out and start figuring out this squirt gun shit! Well at least be able to do basic maintenance!! 😆

All you guys on here, most seem to be from DR give me hope I can figure out some this basic stuff myself! We shall see…

The truck looks great. If I didn't have my Tundra, I'd definitely build one of these as a dedicated family fun haver.

The truck looks great. If I didn't have my Tundra, I'd definitely build one of these as a dedicated family fun haver.
It’s a tight squeeze with the cage in there. Gotta figure out if I’m going to run stock bench with 4 point for 11 ur old or ditch it and add youth seat for him and figure out something for lil one… think 4 point with stock bench till lil one is enough for racing bench/seat.

My Tacoma is an extra cab with no backseat. My 8 year old uses a “booster” in an adult sized race style seat. The booster raises him up enough in the adult size seat to use regular belts. He has been running this set up since he was 7 and will probably need it a few more years.

I like that I can remove the booster and have a full sized seat again in seconds.

Aces Racing Booster Cushion for UTV Seats (Works on All Stock and aftermarket Seats) (3 inx2 in (Back and Bottom)) https://a.co/d/4Dm7GEX

IMG_0283.jpeg

Back