Chop Shop Builds

Definitely needs lower gears. You can go 5.13 with the 8.8 or manual up and swap in a 9in with 6.0 gears.
Yeah, pretty sure somewhere or someone said I can go to 5.88s in this 8.8?

Can anyone confirm?

I would find a shop to do the gear install for you and than tell them you need 6.14 ratio. If they say they can't get them show them those and see if they say they'll work.

So if you're going with the 6.14 buy all you can find so when it fails you can replace them.

6.14 would be old Yukon set that has been discontinued and not available through any big distributor that I could find. If that Ebay set is new than is should be good.

5.71 is still made by Motive. In fact I just ordered some this past weekend.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll probably go this route. the 5.71's
$180 for the gears aint that bad. how much do ya think itll be to have them installed? another 2 or 300?

My local installer for gears if you bring them the axle is $300 for 9in and 14 bolt which are easiest to setup. For Dana axle and this would be $350

My local installer for gears if you bring them the axle is $300 for 9in and 14 bolt which are easiest to setup. For Dana axle and this would be $350

Smaaaaaaaaaankssssssssssss for the reference Tommymawm!

BUGGY QUESTION FOR PAPA......................

went to take it out the other day and load on the trailer, and papa could not get it to start. it would crank but wouldn't turn over.
he unhooked the fuel lines, cleaned out the filters and he found the shit in the last picture, fuel pump would only pump for a second. fuel looked really dark and cloudy looking.

i have no idea wtf else to say happened because my fucking dad wont explain to me what happened because he's such a stubborn old man and doesn't want any fucking help.
"just tell them this is what came out of the filter and what the fuel looks like", then he stormed away pissed that i was asking anyone for help, let alone on a public forum, THAT HE IS FRIENDS WITH EVEYRONE ON HERE!
ugh fuck.
ok ill try......

anyways, we ended up NOT taking it out an' papa spent the whole day cleaning the lines and trying a different old pump that was bad. he said he ran power to both pumps, and the Aeuromotive badass pump he's currently running, sounded as weak and shitty as the old bad pump when he ran power to it. so he thinks the pump might be bad. we don't even have 500 miles on this pump though.

theres no baffles in the tank either. or, whatever its called. someone told him that it could be some "spray shit" that maybe was put on the inside or somethign when it was made? Jaz cell..............

the shit in the picture made it past the filters though........? i'm pretty sure thats what he said. he wont talk to me now. haha

20240407_103420.jpg
20240407_103412 (1).jpg
20240407_103431.jpg

but some of that shit does not even look like the inside of a fuel line!

The black could be a dried up gasket that had fallen into the tank at some time in the past and just started coming apart. And the clear/ brown parts looks like a plastic pick up tube or something. This is all just guesses. I could and probably am 100 percent wrong but just what it looks like to me, I would replace the pump and filter and see what it does. Is there foam in the tank.

Back