BLGT Cinder Hills Takeover. Labor Day weekend

We hung out at camp awhile longer and then decided to go out on another exploration run.
53165395846_89dd3bc98d_b.jpg

53165395741_5252587fc8_b.jpg

53165828545_de8b532713_b.jpg
53164807022_fa559f645d_b.jpg

Skies were pretty inviting
53165880288_9b7178b229_b.jpg

53165880253_ce9d000d80_b.jpg

53165595859_7fdaf2c3fb_b.jpg

We continued on as it started to rain a litltle bit again. Following @vcyota92 in the raptor. @capt.hodges and his war wagon were cruising just fine until we got to a super soft section on the side of one of hills.. Tried to engage 4 times 4 and Super Duty said not today...
53166474175_b07077d5ae_b.jpg

photos never really tell the tale but it was super soft and pretty step behind the road they are up is a pretty good slope to the bottom of the canyon.
53166523748_e910770025_b.jpg

This was a great time, thanks Ryan for inviting us out I'll meet you around the campfire again I'm sure. Driving the Jeep around was a bit conflicting. The 4wd was fun to climb all the random routes up the cinder hills and gave confidence to explore the whole place alone but the lack of suspension put a damper on the trails as most where mildly whooped out and it was too much for the white rockets. I could definitely see why all the locals had long travel 4wd trucks. It did give me the opportunity to jump in help the peeps more often which was nice, whether it was midnight recoveries, relay troubleshooting, or helping strap in Brogan. The 8hr drive each way was rough but I could see me going back again. No pics as usual but plenty of fun nonetheless.

This was a great time, thanks Ryan for inviting us out I'll meet you around the campfire again I'm sure. Driving the Jeep around was a bit conflicting. The 4wd was fun to climb all the random routes up the cinder hills and gave confidence to explore the whole place alone but the lack of suspension put a damper on the trails as most where mildly whooped out and it was too much for the white rockets. I could definitely see why all the locals had long travel 4wd trucks. It did give me the opportunity to jump in help the peeps more often which was nice, whether it was midnight recoveries, relay troubleshooting, or helping strap in Brogan. The 8hr drive each way was rough but I could see me going back again. No pics as usual but plenty of fun nonetheless.
It’s definitely a unique terrain. Why I was conflicted in helping @dwphoto decide which rig to bring. Definitely want to make this an annual thing as well as make a better effort to meet you all around the campfire in other locations throughout the year.

It’s definitely a unique terrain. Why I was conflicted in helping @dwphoto decide which rig to bring. Definitely want to make this an annual thing as well as make a better effort to meet you all around the campfire in other locations throughout the year.

Next year 4runner will be 3 linked in the front so that should help.

Really, really, REALLY bummed I missed this! shit happens though, by the time I got myself together I had a hard time justifying the 5-6 hour drive to show up Saturday evening and have to leave the next afternoon.

Saturday night festivity started to wind down a bit around 9 or so... started working on my Irish goodbye. Slithered into the motorhome and was hanging out . Just then @Snowsk8air2 pops his head in the door and says "Anyone wanna go on a recovery mission? " My eyes light up... I'm In!

Apparently, the dude camped next to us clip a tree in his canned ham going mach Jesus... ripped off the passenger side trailing arm bent the shit out of the rear arms... @vcyota92 @Motiracer38 and I get out to 100 Dollar Hill, where he was allegedly at. We can't find him. We called @Snowsk8air2 on the radio to confirm the location. He tells us again, he's between the jump we were hitting earlier in the day and 100 Dollar Hill. So we go 3 wide combing area... the area isn't that big but the trees make things a little different especially at night. After a few mins, we found the car. Confirmed, shit was fucked. haha We ended up strapping the wheel up the best we could with ratchet straps. Owner of the car brought his Super Duty and the trailer all the way out. We drove the car onto the trailer @capt.hodges and I on the Hood for counterweight.
53166475820_67be4df98d_b.jpg

@sdecurti and I followed him all the way back to camp I could barely keep up with him in the whoops. The dude was getting after it.
Just as we are about cross back over the main road to camp we see @Azwillis and his ranger pass us going the other direction... We spin around and follow him...

after a few minutes, he pulls over we pull up next to him "What are you doing dude?" "my buddy hit me up he's stuck!" We are in ! haha
Round 2 lets goooooo. after weaving in and out of the forest.. We finally find him halfway up this hill climb Sideways in a lifted F150
I'm looking at this hill climb thinking shit I don't know if iI can make it up that hill haha.. We get out and walk up to where he was at... and yep he's fucked Sideways right next to a tree on the downside of the hill buried.... We started talking it over on what the game plan was. He asked if I had a winch and a snatch block..... Winch yes Snatch block yes but is 500 miles away back at the shop... He asks if we can get him back to his camp and get his Superduty. as he's got all the gear he thinks we need in the truck. Sure! so hop in the 4 runner eventually we find his camp. Dudes got a full beast of a chase truck, lifted, lights, Service bed, winch... the whole Maryann. I followed him back over there and sure enough, he blasted right up next to his truck and stopped...
53186955194_8c37b69f7c_h.jpg

I drove up on the trail on the right maybe 100 ft between the two trails and in that 100 feet was where this shitbox f150 was stuck.

53186955184_422b405bb0_h.jpg

He rigs up a snatch block to the tree in front of him and then back to the F150 rear bumper. The goal was to pull the ass end of the F150 up the hill and get it pointed downhill. I gotta say his Idea worked perfectly. Got it point down. He unhooks the winch line gets in the truck... asks @sdecurti if there is anything in front of him... Scotty is like "no man, as far as I can see you are all clear." he replies with "Well, it's about to get rowdy"
He throws it in D for Decimate and hit the gas and drops into the unknown haha.. there was a pretty good size drop off he just sent it down half way down the hill landed and just keep going all the way to the bottom... we stood there a little dumbfounded about what in the actual fuck just happened... I turned to ask @Azwillis "so, is your buddy hammered or ?..." "No, he doesn't drink he's just crazy" We all laughed haha.
Packed up the recovery gear and head back to camp.
53186157312_3831a25de2_b.jpg

53187070245_b806e62079_b.jpg

Good times

Back