Bad Trends… and go

Oh4Tahoe

Not to drink on the hater-ade , but we all have automotive trends and fads that make our eye twitch a bit… or a lot. But, let’s discuss, show me on this post where the these things have touched you.

I’ll start,

Lifted Subarus … 🤦‍♂️

if we are talking non truck trends... whats with young kids these days with thier boxer briefs being longer than their shorts? Any dude that has more then 2-3" of thigh showing is gross to me.

Truck trends? i cant get behind people using the word stance... or even caring about stance... its more important to have an offroad truck that works well, then having good stance.

Oh because i am also old. i hate the term bypass rack for bedcages.. Not sure when that started, but come on use shock hoops, bedcage, something other than rack.

if we are talking non truck trends... whats with young kids these days with thier boxer briefs being longer than their shorts? Any dude that has more then 2-3" of thigh showing is gross to me.

Truck trends? i cant get behind people using the word stance... or even caring about stance... its more important to have an offroad truck that works well, then having good stance.

Oh because i am also old. i hate the term bypass rack for bedcages.. Not sure when that started, but come on use shock hoops, bedcage, something other than rack.
Bypass Rack? Who in the Fack you hanging out with. I believe you get your as kicked talking like that.

Not to drink on the hater-ade , but we all have automotive trends and fads that make our eye twitch a bit… or a lot. But, let’s discuss, show me on this post where the these things have touched you.

I’ll start,

Lifted Subarus … 🤦‍♂️
Meet me by the bike racks and fight me IRL, I want my WRX about 1.5 inches higher so it doesnt scrape and bottom out all the damn time.

Sean

Meet me by the bike racks and fight me IRL, I want my WRX about 1.5 inches higher so it doesnt scrape and bottom out all the damn time.

Sean
There’s rally height Subies and those are ok. and then there are Subies with like 6” of lift and rear bumpers removed and a roof top tent or a snorkel or some kind of brush guard , like this fine example below. There’s a bunch running around Arizona 🤮

IMG_0863.jpeg

Last edited:
@Oh4Tahoe @JACKSONRALLYINC is also ready to drop the mitts
3688596468_4022e0b01d_h.jpg

This is one trend that bugged me so much. Luckily its going away.
But people painting or wrapping their gas doors black.

Is it that you cant find the gas door because the color blends in with the rest of the car.

I also come from the custom car world. And with a custom car. Its all about flow and aesthetics of the car.
So annoying you have this black spot in the middle of the body that distracts your eye from the over all appearance of the car.

wchnqsuce0x11.jpg

Also I really dislike painted brake calipers. for the same reason as the post above.
You're looking at the overall appearance of the car but your eyes keeping taking you to these red calipers that stand out so much.
Unless the calipers tie into the color of the car, then its not too bad.
Sorry its the custom car thing again. You don't want things to pull your eye away from the overall look of the ride.
Buts that's just me.
reed.jpg

Back