The Lonely Pinos 250 Prelander run. Bring the kids

Ok I got another fun little thing cooking too.

Iā€™m horrible at making things fun for the kids.

Anyone got a good idea to entertain the kids around one evening? an activity, story, game or something more fun than dads drinking beers?

Ok Iā€™m consolidating so all current info is in this post.

Current Roster

Meeting Wednesday night at Tuttle Creek CG
Lance+ son Walker (11) 1995 f150
Paul Andersen+daughter(12) brown TTB van w/37s
Ken Little+shane dodge ram @Endless Trails
Brandon+ Wesley raptor @WW_RANGER_X

Meeting at clandestine location Thursday night.
Brian + sons (11&13) Jeep WJ @Motiracer38
Kevin + Wife. No kids. Crew Cab Sonoma @the bodj
Elliott + Son (7) 94 toyota pickup 2wd? @dwphoto
Brad and son Wyatt (9) 4wd Tacoma@SByota

Minimum required fuel range 150 miles

Get fuel in lone pine before meetup Wednesday night. Super chill campfire and BS session at Tuttle Creek CG in the group camp.

Thursday AM no breakfast in town,
Straight to dirt, air down. approx 50 mile day.

Thursday night Rendezvous with the rest of the crew. Camp in the dirt

Friday approximately 75 miles. Camp in the dirt.

Saturday (long day)
Approximately 25 miles to get fuel, then back in the dirt for about 100 miles.

Saturday night camp close to the highway for a quick route home Sunday AM

Air up Sunday AM.
I saw the dates and was like, "I might be in! I'll be in California for those dates!!" So I skipped straight to post 112 and DAMN I'm still lost af lol you guys all post SO DAMN MUCH lmao. I know where Tuttle Creek is, but I have no idea where Clandestine is. Where is the end point and date? I just got out of brain surgery so go fast stuff is, VERY UNFORTUNATELY, a no go for me. BUT!... I'm bringing my camera out and would love to get some photos!

Really don't want to have to go back and read all the damn posts but I think it's inevitable lol

Ok I got another fun little thing cooking too.

Iā€™m horrible at making things fun for the kids.

Anyone got a good idea to entertain the kids around one evening? an activity, story, game or something more fun than dads drinking beers?
My kid has a RC car and the battery lasts quite a while. I donā€™t have an inverter, so itā€™s a one time thing unless someone has 120V power. That plus a mini shovel for building jumps/obstacles could provide some fun entrainment. He also plays baseball and could bring a ball/glove for some catch. I could maybe jam a bat and a few baseballs in the truck for a small game of baseball/home run derby too.

Another option is a BB gun. The minion has a Red Ryder and hours of entertainment can be had shooting beer cans. As long as everyone is good with me bringing it, Iā€™ll throw it in the truck.

I usually make him help setup camp, chop firewood, set up chairs etc.

BB guns are totally Ok by me.

Iā€™ll bring the kids SCX24 crawler.

I think a rag tag father/child baseball game in the desert would be an absolute riot!!
Ive got a couple softball gloves Iā€™ll bring.

Anyone else down?
It will be casual and messy and thatā€™s ok.
Goal is just to make good memories.

@WW_RANGER_X you got a couple gloves?

have been watching this thread like I plan on going or something hahaā€¦ canā€™t wait to see the trip pics!

By the sounds of it and from what I can gather, sounds like I'm out. I was really considering it but just doesn't seem like the trip for me at this time.

I'm still open to meeting up with everyone at the end point though and having some fun getting photos and/or video if anyone can seem to shed some light on those details. Just throwing it out there.

Alittle about my setup. 91 explorer with sohc swap, linked and caged. As of right now 2wd but still has the transfer case, 35ā€ tire with locker and 40 gallon cell. Havenā€™t had much street/long distance driving with the new rear suspension
but have taken on 2 trips and everything feels solid (currently have the truck in piece inspecting everything).

We are down for a good game of baseball out in the middle of the desert. Wes has a glove i could bring. Dad's use their flat bill hats?

I will also be bringing a pair of scx24 crawlers (bronco, jeep jk)

My anmmo can fire pit puts out more light than heat, but it does work well and may be an alternative to a wood fire? If I can figure out a way to secure a propane bottle Iā€™d be willing to bring it along if you guys want me to.

IMG_2394.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

I'll have wood with me too. If we are going up where there are trees we could always gather along the way as well.

Back