The Lonely Pinos 250 Prelander run. Bring the kids

Have we pinned down what radio channel to be on?
BFG Relay is 151.715 for those folks without programmed radios.
We can sandwich 2wds between 4wds so that a pull back or forward is available when needed. Worse comes to worse I can take people for a ride on the rope. :D
I will air down from 80 to 35.5 front and 32.7 rear before hitting the trail... Overland Joke
I have 4wd too.

I’m so tired of these weekend storms. That’s like 4 weekends in a row. I pay too much in taxes to deal with weather like this 😂

New shifter is in with new cable and adjusted. Brake lines to line lock, proportioning valve and hoon handle are in and bled.

I drove the truck back and forth 24”.

Changed the oil.

Tomorrow, Tuesday is test drive and start packing.

My son Walker is going to pre make some breakfast burritos so that I can be done eating and impatient while @Endless Trails spends 2 hours cooking a 3 course meal.

I’m so tired of these weekend storms. That’s like 4 weekends in a row. I pay too much in taxes to deal with weather like this 😂

New shifter is in with new cable and adjusted. Brake lines to line lock, proportioning valve and hoon handle are in and bled.

I drove the truck back and forth 24”.

Changed the oil.

Tomorrow, Tuesday is test drive and start packing.

My son Walker is going to pre make some breakfast burritos so that I can be done eating and impatient while @Endless Trails spends 2 hours cooking a 3 course meal.
I might be going Randy's method of breakfast burrito's and buy the frozen bowls to cook on the griddle and wrap the contents. But that will probably go out the window when I hit Stater Bros...

For Brad, E, Scott, and anyone else coming up Thursday evening: Looks like the 190e from Olancha to 136 is closed. I'm trying to map out a dirt route exiting at the Exxon station in Olancha just before the 190, but it looks like the trail is leading to a "dry" lake bed (will probably be soupy). Might hop back on the 190 after the closure and just watch out for where the road is washed away? Other option is a 40 mile detour up to Lone Pine and drop back down around Owen's Lake...

Locked and loaded. Wes and I will be heading out in the AM, taking our time to get to Alabama Hills for the evening. I was going to cut through Lake Isabella on the way but I’m now thinking I may just do the normal route through the 58 and stop at the Tehachapi loop. Maybe hit Cal City then head up the 395. We shall see 🤘🏻

IMG_2502.jpeg

IMG_2503.jpeg

IMG_2504.jpeg

I’m bringing eggs/bacon/tortillas in hopes someone will let me mooch their breakfast cooking setup. I’m limited on space and don’t have a small/compact cooking setup.

I’m bringing eggs/bacon/tortillas in hopes someone will let me mooch their breakfast cooking setup. I’m limited on space and don’t have a small/compact cooking setup.
Grab an extra small green propane can and you can use mine.

Damn really wish I coulda gone on this one but just can't be bouncing my brain around all over the place trying to keep up with all you go fast peeps. There's always another one in the future! Hope everyone has fun!!! 🤙

Damn really wish I coulda gone on this one but just can't be bouncing my brain around all over the place trying to keep up with all you go fast peeps. There's always another one in the future! Hope everyone has fun!!! 🤙
Ditto. I was hoping to get @dwphoto 's old tacoma in shape to run this, but other trips and bike races got in the way. Hopefully we can drag our central california butts down for another one of these in the future.

I'm no where near that prepared, have to pack today after work so likely heading out in the morning. 9am at Tuttle Creek will be my goal
We are getting eaten alive by bugs at 8am Tuttle creek. We are leaving for Cerro Gordo at 8:15 am.
Call me 805 798 4915
Or BFG relay 151.715

I've been creeping on everyone's Instagram stories. Anxious for the report and pictures of this trip!

Back