2022 Barstow Desert Clean-Up Pre Run

dwphoto

Administrator
Howdy peeps,

Thinking about getting out to Barstow early September 9-10th before the clean-up Oct 8. to help scout out the areas that need the most help as far as trash clean up...

Figured this would be a perfect excuse to put together a little quick desert trip and put some miles in with a purpose.

The game plan would be to get out there either Friday night after work or drive out early Saturday am...

My game plan was:

- break up into small groups of 2 or 3 trucks.
- Spread out in different directions to cover as much ground as possible
- mark the location of the trash using the Son Of Smokey App. Put a brief description and even snap photos,
- each truck could even have a trash bag to grab small stuff along the way.
- have fun driving trucks in the desert
- Finish off with a little Barstow Del

With the gathering of this info... @Cleandezert and his squad can let the volunteers pull up the App know where to go...

Is anyone up for some dirt miles?

@dwphoto
@theycallmeWALLY
@sdecurti
@85Yota
@Cleandezert
@desert_steve
@JosB
@Motiracer38 Jeep things

E

Last edited:
our staff might be a little light for this weekend as corey is having a baby shower that day. Not sure if josb and steve are going to that or not. I will find out.

our staff might be a little light for this weekend as corey is having a baby shower that day. Not sure if josb and steve are going to that or not. I will find out.
Dudes go to baby showers? haaa kidding.

Planning to get an early start maybe 830-9 AM and be a Barstow del for lunch.

You guys don't need worry about having anyone there, but we will miss you 🥺

Dudes go to baby showers? haaa kidding.

Planning to get an early start maybe 830-9 AM and be a Barstow del for lunch.

You guys don't need worry about having anyone there, but we will miss you 🥺
i dont do baby showers so i plan on being out there. Just not sure about the other duders.

Dudes arent supposed to go to baby showers?! Arent these things a party for BOTH parents? Next youre going to tell me that I should cancel that stripper I was going to get them as a baby shower gift? 1 hour of the 'amazing Laylah' was going to be pretty pricey too...

I think the baby showers in the afternoon/evening and if thats the case Ill be out in Barstow in the morning and probably take off after lunch.

Dudes arent supposed to go to baby showers?! Arent these things a party for BOTH parents? Next youre going to tell me that I should cancel that stripper I was going to get them as a baby shower gift? 1 hour of the 'amazing Laylah' was going to be pretty pricey too...

I think the baby showers in the afternoon/evening and if thats the case Ill be out in Barstow in the morning and probably take off after lunch.
haaa you can keep Laylah on the roster. I'm sure Corey's spouse will really appreciate it.

I'm down and will be there BUT no real offroad vehicle so will need to hitch a ride with someone to scout the stuff. Also I got the app and am setting up the account for it right now.

so what is the plan? camping friday or showing up early saturday? Am i old if i camp in a hotel? lol

Back