2011 3.5 Fraptor

update on the truck. Friday i drove to LA, then to HB then back to SD and then out to Ocotillo Wells. We blasted around the desert sturday, then back home with a pit stop in east county SD to pick up stuff for Clean-Dezert and back up to north county SD home. Put 2 tanks of gas through the truck and had a great time. The road manners feel so much better with the spool gone, the rear done and the front prepped. This was the most fun i have had in the truck to date. FInally hit some whoops i woudl of been to scared to in the past and it did really well. Just need a little bit more tweaking but damn it was fun and i cant wait to drive it more. Might turn this into my DD now.

update on the truck. Friday i drove to LA, then to HB then back to SD and then out to Ocotillo Wells. We blasted around the desert sturday, then back home with a pit stop in east county SD to pick up stuff for Clean-Dezert and back up to north county SD home. Put 2 tanks of gas through the truck and had a great time. The road manners feel so much better with the spool gone, the rear done and the front prepped. This was the most fun i have had in the truck to date. FInally hit some whoops i woudl of been to scared to in the past and it did really well. Just need a little bit more tweaking but damn it was fun and i cant wait to drive it more. Might turn this into my DD now.
Good seeing you out there this weekend!

Bummed I got out there so late. Would have liked to have drove around more but just wasn't in the cards. I guess we'll just have to go out there again soon!

updates for now. revalved the rear bypass and took the truck back out this weekend. Felt decent but i think its rebounding too fast. Never really had to worry about that with other spring packs, but i should adjust the bypasses a bit to see if it helps.

On another note, truck was stuck in park this weekend in the desert. Figured out its the parking brake switch, and thankfully there is a bypass if you want to finger bang your steering column. New parts coming in today and should be good for KOH this weekend.

Some small upgrades on the truck while I have time. Wish I was a better fabricator, but I made these fill plates this weekend. Will get them rhino lined, and I also made little tabs to fill in the contour of the bed. The lip is there hopefully to keep my ratchet straps from ejecting themselves. I have already lost a few.

Attachments

• 0310952C-8C92-4C62-87AB-A907DF440D0A.jpeg
    0310952C-8C92-4C62-87AB-A907DF440D0A.jpeg
    478 KB · Views: 92
  • 94101EE1-1AA4-4532-8587-E6F71D6B886C.jpeg
    94101EE1-1AA4-4532-8587-E6F71D6B886C.jpeg
    528.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 40659C78-2CA4-4801-9487-3777D9011ED0.jpeg
    40659C78-2CA4-4801-9487-3777D9011ED0.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 54
better make sure your wife knows that the bitchez are going to start flocking.......... thats what 39s do. i know.
well, i USED TO know. hah

so at the Offroad Hall of fame, they were having a silent auction. saw these seats and thought they looked nice. My wife grabbed my phone and bid on them (she may of been tuned up a little) low and behold i was the only bidder and won them. not bad for $575 bucks.

After fighting with the mounts they are in.. sit about 1.5" higher than my old ones due to seat foam and such, i rather they sat lower, but so far pretty comfy and the gold stitching and white side panels match the truck perfect.

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 39
so at the Offroad Hall of fame, they were having a silent auction. saw these seats and thought they looked nice. My wife grabbed my phone and bid on them (she may of been tuned up a little) low and behold i was the only bidder and won them. not bad for $575 bucks.

After fighting with the mounts they are in.. sit about 1.5" higher than my old ones due to seat foam and such, i rather they sat lower, but so far pretty comfy and the gold stitching and white side panels match the truck perfect.

did you set the passenger seat up for yooo BaeBae, instead of the Mrs. CleanDezDoucheMagoosh????

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How hard were they to mount to the OEM brackets? I'd be interested in doing this (my wife would be pissed if i took her heated and cooled seats away though lol)

How hard were they to mount to the OEM brackets? I'd be interested in doing this (my wife would be pissed if i took her heated and cooled seats away though lol)
wasnt super hard, just time-consuming used angle iron cut down to adapt the stock bolts on the top of the slider to vertical bolts for the seats. I wouldnt switch out heated and cooled seats for PRP...

PRP makes heat and cooled seats now. should have told me I have 2 prp slider seats mounts you could have had Adam

my understanding is the cogs which are used in the detroit need to lock in, so they twist until they find the are for them to lock into to... so the truck will roll 4-6" until it locks in. That is why the trutrack with gear driven slip is suppose to be better...
My Detroit does the same thing

ever put a bunch of work into something and its just not right and you are totally demoralized?
Well here i am today. Drove the truck to work for the first time. and not happy.

1. For sure the seats are too high. so my only option is ripping out stock electric sliders to drop them.
2. Its kinda odd not having side bolsters on the lower portion of the seats. Not sure if i like it or not. Kinda feel like i am sitting ontop of the seat and not in it.

So my options which i dont like any of them because its more work and $.
1. put old seats back in, but need to source stock seat brackets i cut up to make these work.
2. Lower seats and pray i am okay.
3. order all new seats and make all new lower seat mounts.

Sometimes i hate working on shit.

Back