Ugly Little Truck

I just don't have it in me. My silverado passenger side is side-swiped and trashed. I still won't lean over the side of the truck with a zip up because I don't want the zipper scratching it even more. Just not in my nature.
Sorry about that! This will be a way better rescue rig for the next time I break down and get stuck in Rusty Red!

I have zero doubt you will make this way nicer, still have fun with it and not go full raisin.

Heard it start for the first time tonight! Pops gave it carb cleaner directly into the intake boot while I cranked it. Wouldn’t stay running, so I picked up a new fuel filter, and am gonna drain the old fuel in the next day or so, then run some new fuel through. Hopefully it doesn’t need a fuel pump

Haven't been messing with it much. It was intermittently losing power, so I cleaned up the many contacts going from the battery to the fuse block and it's starting up reliably now and idling. Still has a pretty heavy stumble I haven't figured out yet, but I drove it for the first time up the street yesterday so I could flip it around to make wrenching on the engine easier.

1729540008985.jpeg

1729540000568.jpeg

If I had to offer any Armchair Diag advice, the TPS units on these go out and cause a gnarly stumble, but luckily still available new from Toyota. Bad fuel pressure regulator and pulsation dampers can cause it to fall on it's face too.

If I had to offer any Armchair Diag advice, the TPS units on these go out and cause a gnarly stumble, but luckily still available new from Toyota. Bad fuel pressure regulator and pulsation dampers can cause it to fall on it's face too.

I am going to have to agree with you that something is screwy with mine. I noticed yesterday the bar that pushes on that plunger is spaced quite a bit away at all times.

His index finger is basically pointing at it. Looking at it now, it appears the plunger is supposed to be held onto that rotating piece with a nut. Mine definitely doesn't have that...
1729544771383.png

This gives me somewhere to start! Thanks!

Back