Tire balancing beads

My only experience with balance beads on my raptor was interesting. I bought the truck in phoenix and drove home to so call. 2012 Border patrol raptor with 115k miles, 1 year old bfg KO2 with about 90% tread. The truck drove great with no vibrations upto about 80mph then would develop a shake and under 80mph if I hit a bad patch of road the tires would go out of balance and start a vibration, I would slow down to 45-50mph and it would balance back out. I dodnt know the tires had beads until the next day I went to tire shop and had new wheels installed. They removed the beads and did a traditional balance and I never had any balance issues after that.

I do run beads in trailer tires.

I've have never run balance beads; and very curious to try them. I have beadlocks on all my trucks. I HAD to have Walker Evans on the new truck...and they shake (not terrible) but enough that it bugs me and doesn't feel like stock did ha ha. Tires are brand new 37" Toyo AT3 and the wheels are brand new forged Walkers.IMG_7154.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7166.jpg
    IMG_7166.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 8
Just to keep a record, I put 15 ounces of airsoft BBs in a 40 on aluminum beadlocks. Took nearly 3000 6mm BBs and the TPMS valve weighed 2 ounces. Will report back if I ever drive on them.

Back