Local Legend The sleeping Taco

I also wanted to make the upper mount pretty damn strong with the thought that in the future I could do a 4-bar 4-link and use the same shocks and mounts, just add coils.

This thing is pretty alright... can confirm this guy is a nut case.

From 500 miles offroad back in 2010 with the TC/locos mocos crew
44297171704_b50eb34e01_b.jpg

See Sleepy Tacoma... in middle of this group shot
44297169834_b134da32e8_b.jpg

to clean dezert event with everything but the kitchen sink strapped to the top of the smurf
2952930391_87911919a3_b.jpg

toooo Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the glamis dunes solo at night.

or stuck in the dunes in barstow...

52418087039_65907979aa_b.jpg

52418088634_0af543f4a2_b.jpg

Good times stoked to see where you take this thing...

PS: Put a fucking cage in it!

PSS: we can just push the beds together. 🤷‍♂️

i’ve followed this build for awhile….I have tried to reach out to ya on IG but never got a response….Love this thing man, I have a similar sleeper truck as well not to the extent of yours it’s only 2wd so it also really blows peoples minds I do have a LT in the rear and a 4.7 out of a sequoia

Attachments

• IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4785.jpeg
    IMG_4785.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4790.jpeg
    IMG_4790.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 45
i’ve followed this build for awhile….I have tried to reach out to ya on IG but never got a response….Love this thing man, I have a similar sleeper truck as well not to the extent of yours it’s only 2wd so it also really blows peoples minds I do have a LT in the rear and a 4.7 out of a sequoia
Thanks for joining dude!

You should make a build thread to inspire otheres!

Hey man I apologize for not getting back to you, I must have missed it. I like the camper sleeper build!

I’ve been digging around trying to find build specs on this. I have a 2003 double cab and after seeing this in a video I needed this rear suspension. Only difference is I was talked into h70’s and starting to get everything to fit now.

I'm going to probably be adjusting my rear leaf springs after riding in this truck. The rear is super soft and he really is letting the shocks do the heavy lifting. Probably going to experiment with less leafs on my packs soon.

(not to steeeel dis thread but.......)

I FUCKING LOVEEEEE THE CAMPER WITH THE SPARE TIRE/TAILGATE DELETE!
I have ALWAYS thought about how that would look with a setup like that. Annnnnnd, you have verified..... it in fact does look badass! haha

PS. i love the wheel color!

Back