The Radillac

Calebfuson

I thought I had more pictures of it when I first got it but here’s the one that I do have. Barely made the 10 minute drive home with it, later would find out it was a bad crank sensor and a worn out fuel pump. IMG_9311.jpeg
IMG_9274.jpeg
First thing I did after getting it to run and drive was to strip the annoying plastics off the side and put some 35s on it.
IMG_9273.jpeg
And with all the panels being different colors I went to Lowe’s and found some blue spray paint for this thing
IMG_9312.jpeg
Fast forwards a couple months I had to replace the drivers door and cab corner because when this thing was in a wreck the body shop that fixed it didn’t do it right so the door was held on by tek screws and bubble gum welds, so basically falling off
IMG_9246.jpeg
IMG_9246.jpeg
Since I was already doing body work I finished the bottom of the fenders and patched the 2 holes above the wheel wells (normally hidden by the plastic on the Cadillacs)
IMG_9250.jpeg
If my photos show right I ditched the worn out factory seats and put some corbeau Baja ss seats in, used the factory slide so I still have power seats, and threw in the back heater from the factory seats
IMG_9254.jpeg
IMG_9255.jpeg
once the blue had faded to the point it didn’t look good it was time for a change so I ended up going with rustoleum this time around and it looked great
IMG_9259.jpeg
After prepping it I used the best paint booth I could find and sprayed it
IMG_9260.jpeg
IMG_9261.jpeg
Fast forward it was time to do the bumpers so I started the rear bumper first then did the front and then finished the rear after deciding what exactly I wanted to do
IMG_9263.jpeg
Blue tape is the best for figuring out how you want to bend your tubes
IMG_9264.jpeg
IMG_9266.jpeg
IMG_9267.jpeg
Later on I would add a front skid plate using 3/16 tempered aluminum. Finishing the rear bumper I learned how to dimple die and wanted some cup holders built in for camping, and why not have cup holders. Also cut my rear quarter panels while building the rear bumper
IMG_9269.jpeg
IMG_9270.jpeg
the next thing I wanted to do was put a gated shifter in it, ditch the rest of the wood grain panels inside and throw in a cooler steering wheel
IMG_9271.jpeg
Forgot to mention that I put FOA 2.5” resis front and rear, but of course I didn’t take pictures while making them fit.

That’s about all I can find pictures of, planning to keep updating this as the build progresses

Attachments

• IMG_9244.jpeg
    IMG_9244.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Love this thing! If I didn’t have this Tahoe I have I’d be building an Escalade. Front and rear AC and a ton of space is money!

Love this thing! If I didn’t have this Tahoe I have I’d be building an Escalade. Front and rear AC and a ton of space is money!
Right! I’ve had some troubles with it because it’s a Cadillac so it came with traction control which I fixed by unplugged the traction control ecm and then putting a Silverado dash in it to get rid of the service traction control light. Also put a manual 4wd Tcase to get rid of the AWD Tcase which was blown up

This is rad! Before I bought my 06 Tahoe I was looking at Denalis and Escalades just for the 6.0 and how much cheaper they were when the interior was trashed. Been trying to get around to start making parts for these as it's a great platform and no one makes anything for them. The only thing that bummed me out is the AC and other stuff is in the way in the rear for up travel.

This is rad! Before I bought my 06 Tahoe I was looking at Denalis and Escalades just for the 6.0 and how much cheaper they were when the interior was trashed. Been trying to get around to start making parts for these as it's a great platform and no one makes anything for them. The only thing that bummed me out is the AC and other stuff is in the way in the rear for up travel.
I had the same thought about these rigs, I have ideas!

Little trip update, went on a back road from kingman az to yucca az and back. The radillac did almost everything in 2wd until I was trying to show off and got stuck between rocks, so Everyone got a good laugh.
IMG_9358.jpeg
IMG_9355.jpeg
Went and explored an abandoned mine about half way through, everything was good besides a little power steering pump wine but I didn’t think much of it.
IMG_9356.jpeg
And then about 5-10 miles before home it became more of a yell than a wine, shortly after it started yelling I lost power brakes and power steering. Hoped out and added about 2/3 of a quart of atf and it was back to normalish, but probably only made it a mile before it went quite and lost everything again, so added more fluid which poured straight onto the ground, so I drove the rest of the way home like a caveman with no power steering/brakes. Took it apart today and my pressure line had came loose so I’ll add that to my check list. Besides that everything worked great and everyone had a great trip… besides my bump stop which didn’t appreciate the little jump we hit
IMG_9353.jpeg
IMG_9346.jpeg

man, my power steering is pouring straight on the ground? Should I break a wrench out? nah. just muscle it home.

lesson learned, i'd guess :LOL:

man, my power steering is pouring straight on the ground? Should I break a wrench out? nah. just muscle it home.

Haha yeah basically, but I thought my return line had ripped off the back of the can, was suprised when I was pulling it off that it was just a loose line… looking back I shoulda pulled the belt or just went back with a trailer later given how close it was to home

@desertgoatYour the reason why I stay away from social media and forums, who needs a comment like that 🤡

This thing is Rad. I parted out around 20 2002-06 Escalades when I lived in Simi Valley. Todd from Mercenary off-road has an 04 he built into a crawler and bought some stock parts from me for it. They're decent vehicles BUT basically a AWD(crap T-case) with good motor and an "upgraded" 4l65e which was not much of an upgrade over the 4L Slippy that GM put in most shit GMT800's besides the good 4l80e trucks.

@desertgoatYour the reason why I stay away from social media and forums, who needs a comment like that 🤡
feel free to take your sensitivity back to whatever hole you came from. it was just a joke.
we've all made silly choices in the desert before - myself included. just wanted to have a laugh about it with the guy.

This thing is Rad. I parted out around 20 2002-06 Escalades when I lived in Simi Valley. Todd from Mercenary off-road has an 04 he built into a crawler and bought some stock parts from me for it. They're decent vehicles BUT basically a AWD(crap T-case) with good motor and an "upgraded" 4l65e which was not much of an upgrade over the 4L Slippy that GM put in most shit GMT800's besides the good 4l80e trucks.
Yeah when I bought it the plan was to upgrade to a manual shift Tcase which I did sooner then I wanted because the AWD Tcase went out and the rebuild kit for it was 50 bucks cheaper then buying a rebuilt np241. Long story short put in the 241 made a shifter with a heim joint and an old wrench and hid it in the center console. Also had to swap the front diff to a Tahoe from diff because the Escalade diffs are full time engaged, put the activator on a grounded relay switch and it works great… but a pain in the butt to do. Everyone hates on these trans because they don’t keep up with the 4l80, but mine is holding up great and I drive it pretty hard… for a 4l65. I know eventually the trans will go out but when that happens I’ll just rebuild it and keep beating the piss out of it

Back