Poverty Ranger Build

Going to be working a lot on the ol shitbox so I figured I would start a thread on the build from here.

In ALL of my wisdom I said I would remove, rebuild and repaint the supercharger in only 2 days... This was woefully incorrect.

Starting out by tearing this nasty bitch down
1717272725105.png 1717272896584.png

After hours in the sandblaster got it looking fresh
1717273016519.png

After everything has been sandblasted and I start painting it, I turn my attention to the thermostat housing. This was the "temporary" heater core block-off I made (2 years ago)
1717274493268.png

replaced it with this unit with a welded off port. Just had t drill and tap it for a second temp sensor.
1717274624181.png1717274659260.png

Got the thermostat housing all tidied up and installed and the girlfriend helped finish up painting the supercharger housing Ford Blue
1717274814868.png

This is where the bad news started. The bearings were in BAD shape. I had replacements for the snout bearings, but the cup style rear needle bearings would have to be cleaned and reused.
1717274981426.png

and just as i am pushing the needle bearings back into the housing, I hear a crunch. push the bearings back out and this is what I am left with...
1717275101145.png

AAAAAND the top pf the bearing cup just completely sheared out. new parts will be here in a week and I'll post up some details about the specifics of rebuilding this m90 if anybody is curious. trucks are pain.

Going to be working a lot on the ol shitbox so I figured I would start a thread on the build from here.

In ALL of my wisdom I said I would remove, rebuild and repaint the supercharger in only 2 days... This was woefully incorrect.

Starting out by tearing this nasty bitch down
View attachment 24698 View attachment 24699

After hours in the sandblaster got it looking fresh
View attachment 24700

After everything has been sandblasted and I start painting it, I turn my attention to the thermostat housing. This was the "temporary" heater core block-off I made (2 years ago)
View attachment 24701

replaced it with this unit with a welded off port. Just had t drill and tap it for a second temp sensor.
View attachment 24702View attachment 24703

Got the thermostat housing all tidied up and installed and the girlfriend helped finish up painting the supercharger housing Ford Blue
View attachment 24704

This is where the bad news started. The bearings were in BAD shape. I had replacements for the snout bearings, but the cup style rear needle bearings would have to be cleaned and reused.
View attachment 24706

and just as i am pushing the needle bearings back into the housing, I hear a crunch. push the bearings back out and this is what I am left with...
View attachment 24707

AAAAAND the top pf the bearing cup just completely sheared out. new parts will be here in a week and I'll post up some details about the specifics of rebuilding this m90 if anybody is curious. trucks are pain.
Yeahhhhh the needle bearings seemed like a mess, on my tvs1900 I left them alone and just did the front snout bearings. I did replace the oil in the rear housing but that's it. We will see if that comes back to bite me.

Good luck on the rest.

Sean

Back