Pearl, the 93' Explorer

I honestly am impressed by them, but that’s cause they are worth more than the suv itself. I’ve thought about doing a clear bar where you put the amber just cause, but I am more than happy with the ambers for now. It’s not like I’m going fast speeds, so I’ll never outrun them.

Right!? These Explorer builds have me searching online for a good deal!
For real! There are deals still to be had, not as many as 10 years ago, but still no where near the bronco craze. I think the “ cash for clunker” deal obama did way back took a toll on quite a few, i remember a ton being in local wrecking yards with smoked transmissions back then

Absolutely wild ride last night. Went out with a local off-road group. Mostly all crawler builds except a newer f150 and tundra… and my stock looking explorer 🤣 Probably 20+ rigs total
IMG_1822.jpeg
Within 10 mins of offroading I’m hearing something super loose underneath or rear end of my truck. Sounded like a bags of bolts. I had just done a ton of custom work to my transfer case so I thought maybe all the linkage just rattled a ton. We get to the trailhead for the gnarly trail and immediately a terrible ear piercing screech starts. It felt like the whole drivetrain was binding. I pulled over and looked for anything obvious and didnt see anything. I had a guy walk beside me when I drove and we pinpointed it to the rear right wheel. Took off the wheel and the drum and the whole shoe assembly just about fell on the ground. Threw all the parts in the cooler and confirmed my other brakes still worked and kept going!
IMG_1830.jpeg

Hung out at the “waterfall” on 3 Feathers for a while and watched a bunch of guys crawl some crazy lines
IMG_1831.jpeg
It was getting late and most of the guys didnt want to continue on to Chiva Falls. A group of 4 of us decided keep going. I led because I was the only one with downloaded maps LOL
IMG_1823.jpeg
IMG_1824.jpeg
IMG_1825.jpeg

Explorer really surprised me. It went through some obstacles that had me pretty scared haha. I got stuck twice though in a couple places where I just didnt have the clearance.

Made it to Chiva Falls around 11pm. Trail was rough as fuck but definitely worth it. Even did a little midnight swimming
IMG_1826.jpeg

Took an easier trail back and got to enjoy some higher speeds. Running tight and flowy trails as fast as possible at night has got to be one of my favorite things to do.

Radius arms took some abuse and held up great🤘🏾
IMG_1828.jpeg

Absolutely wild ride last night. Went out with a local off-road group. Mostly all crawler builds except a newer f150 and tundra… and my stock looking explorer 🤣 Probably 20+ rigs total
View attachment 26901
Within 10 mins of offroading I’m hearing something super loose underneath or rear end of my truck. Sounded like a bags of bolts. I had just done a ton of custom work to my transfer case so I thought maybe all the linkage just rattled a ton. We get to the trailhead for the gnarly trail and immediately a terrible ear piercing screech starts. It felt like the whole drivetrain was binding. I pulled over and looked for anything obvious and didnt see anything. I had a guy walk beside me when I drove and we pinpointed it to the rear right wheel. Took off the wheel and the drum and the whole shoe assembly just about fell on the ground. Threw all the parts in the cooler and confirmed my other brakes still worked and kept going!
View attachment 26902

Hung out at the “waterfall” on 3 Feathers for a while and watched a bunch of guys crawl some crazy lines
View attachment 26903
It was getting late and most of the guys didnt want to continue on to Chiva Falls. A group of 4 of us decided keep going. I led because I was the only one with downloaded maps LOL
View attachment 26904
View attachment 26905
View attachment 26906

Explorer really surprised me. It went through some obstacles that had me pretty scared haha. I got stuck twice though in a couple places where I just didnt have the clearance.

Made it to Chiva Falls around 11pm. Trail was rough as fuck but definitely worth it. Even did a little midnight swimming
View attachment 26907

Took an easier trail back and got to enjoy some higher speeds. Running tight and flowy trails as fast as possible at night has got to be one of my favorite things to do.

Radius arms took some abuse and held up great🤘🏾
View attachment 26908
Hell ya dude, rad little trip. I’d love to bring the prerunner out once I’m done with the back half to Havasu and we could rip with @gascapkevin

only run the factory rubber bump stops on your front end. It's the only thing besides a hydro bump that will hold up

That's going to have to be a junk yard dealio unfortunately. I don't believe Ford makes them anymore.

I found an active part number for the OBS trucks if they are similar enough. F4TZ-3020-AA.

Back