Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

badlinesgoodtimes

Administrator
Anyone else around here like to BBQ?
What kinda BBQ/smoker ya running ?
Tips,tricks, recipes, etc

51998076984_36998fc5c1_b.jpg

i am afraid to mention that i use the boring T word to smoke my meats..But cooking isnt my forte and its just so easy to have good food that way.
Don't sweat the technique....

I got a treager too big guy. The damn thing is an easy bake oven, love it but also a huge fan of the Weber smokey mtn. oh and then there is the barrel smoker.

I just picked up a flat top griddle for our family trailer that i am super excited about using. After watching everyone else cook everything on them, it was time to give it a go. I need to find the time to get on your guys level though.

I just picked up a flat top griddle for our family trailer that i am super excited about using. After watching everyone else cook everything on them, it was time to give it a go. I need to find the time to get on your guys level though.
Hell yea dude! Get after it... the flat tops are the best. breakfast, burgers, tacos, sausages peppers and onions, etc

I use it all the time at the house. just nice not destroying the kitchen with bacon grease

Not sure if you got a campchef but if you did. I'd recommend the side tables and extension feet levelers and the grease catcher...

local HD and lowes didnt have any propane, so i just bough some block and a sack of hickory and went third world for dinner sunday. too much heat, so the outside was charded, inside rare. this experience did make me want to add a wood/charcoal option to the meat cooking fleet.

1655212886144.png
1655212910848.png

so the 2nd attempt was much better. i was super nervous, because this aint no ralphs sirloin. dug the hole about 8" deeper and came in slow with the fire, tending to it like a new born child. SO AMAZING, i was dancing while was eating, seriously.

8674E6DC-95FE-447E-850E-FC459E001C19.jpeg87F30BA8-5DD5-4D60-A2F4-A5F1441F3938.jpeg

wife and kids are gone, so it was date night with helton. biscuits with fresh honey and butter.
7E0AABF8-3DFC-4456-9070-05DB3F593380.jpeg

Last edited:
so the 2nd attempt was much better. i was super nervous, because this aint no ralphs sirloin. dug the hole about 8" deeper and came in slow with the fire, tending to it like a new born child. SO AMAZING, i was dancing while was eating, seriously.

View attachment 2188View attachment 2189

wife and kids are gone, so it was date night with helton. biscuits with fresh honey and butter.
View attachment 2190
dude looks bomb! I still have never had a tomahawk.

Had @Adventure Endeavor and @theycallmeWALLY over the weekend... whipped up some Jalapeno poppers ( These little guys) https://badlinesgoodtimes.com/recipes-1

did the poppers on the Traeger

Fired up some Oak in the smoker barrel.

A rack of ribs seasoned with @UCD BAJA famous Cowboy Candy and then a Tritip Seasoned with some Meat Church Gospel ( all purpose rub) ...

Came out pretty good....Ribs were pretty solid for only 1 and 45 min cook.. The tri tip was a little bit overcooked. Started to pull it at 125. I said 5 more mins... went to get another beer..and came back like 10 mins later 🤡🤡🤡 ended up at 145 or so..

dude looks bomb! I still have never had a tomahawk.

Had @Adventure Endeavor and @theycallmeWALLY over the weekend... whipped up some Jalapeno poppers ( These little guys) https://badlinesgoodtimes.com/recipes-1

did the poppers on the Traeger

Fired up some Oak in the smoker barrel.

A rack of ribs seasoned with @UCD BAJA famous Cowboy Candy and then a Tritip Seasoned with some Meat Church Gospel ( all purpose rub) ...

Came out pretty good....Ribs were pretty solid for only 1 and 45 min cook.. The tri tip was a little bit overcooked. Started to pull it at 125. I said 5 more mins... went to get another beer..and came back like 10 mins later 🤡🤡🤡 ended up at 145 or so..

Looks good guys, E next time I see you I'll bring you a tomahawk. Honestly you are paying ribeye price for a lot of extra bone but hey if they sell they sell!

Back