SGT Crawl (41 Power Wagon)

I am making a buddy a crawler. My part is to take the cab, Superduty axles and a pile of steel and make it a roller.

To start we had to come up with a plan. 2x6 main chassis tubes, 1.75โ€ DOM cage, Superduty Axles, 5.3 Motor, 3L80 trans, 241 case, front radius arm style suspension with coils and shocks. Rear will be a 4 link with coils and shocks. #BFR_Built

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 11.46.56 AM.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg
IMG_2451.jpeg

Well $hit, I learned something new today. I had never heard of Talley, I don't do much in Hemet/San Jacinto even though I am in Sage (far south Hemet) I wonder if they will deliver to me? Down a dirt road? Years ago Competitive Metals had enough of my dirt road and wouldn't deliver to me anymore.

Well $hit, I learned something new today. I had never heard of Talley, I don't do much in Hemet/San Jacinto even though I am in Sage (far south Hemet) I wonder if they will deliver to me? Down a dirt road? Years ago Competitive Metals had enough of my dirt road and wouldn't deliver to me anymore.
Yea, I bet they will. Really good prices and tons of parts. Tabs, heims and stuff. Very responsive on IG page.

Did you preload the axle before welding the truss on it to prevent it from shrinking the top of it, or does the preheat post heat take care of that?

Back