School me on broncos!

I was watching an older Terra video this one below. And he’s running 37x10wide tensors and I was wondering if anyone has any input on putting those on a 1988 bronco I would prolly run the 35x10wide just because idk about a 37 yet and I wanna keep it simple but can anyone help with my decision or why or why not I should do it. I’m new to broncos and just joined the forum.View attachment 19846View attachment 19846
dont do it. they are made for the weight of a utv. should never be on a ranger or anything heavier.

I was watching an older Terra video this one below. And he’s running 37x10wide tensors and I was wondering if anyone has any input on putting those on a 1988 bronco I would prolly run the 35x10wide just because idk about a 37 yet and I wanna keep it simple but can anyone help with my decision or why or why not I should do it. I’m new to broncos and just joined the forum.

There's already a whole thread on SxS tires on prerunners that you can peruse at your leisure
https://forum.badlinesgoodtimes.com/threads/sxs-tires-on-prerunner.1007/#post-14641

Ranger and Toyota pick up guys run the Tensors for the lower weight of the tire which really helps when running a low horsepower 4 cylinder truck.

Bronco's are way heavier than a Ranger, and they have a V8. So there's really no reason for you to run a SxS tire.

Last edited:
Before my 88 got a terminatorX I was constantly chasing idle and ignition issues. I couldn't find a good IAC, TPS, EGR sensor or ICM to save my life. One was constantly taking a shit. I bought a healthier motor that speed density couldn't support. I went to mass air with a fiveology kit. Nothing but issues with that too. He sent me two bricked ECMs. He had a hell of a time sourcing a 3rd. The ICM that was required with that kit wasn't CA "legal" for some reason and was a pain to get ahold of. Finally just trashed it all. Other than that I love the truck. I had no year preference but I do like the look of a brick nose better now that mine has the 92+ conversion.🤣 Kind of a neat coincidence that I grew up riding in my dad's 55 f100 his birth year and now my son is riding in a 88 bronco my birth year. I originally bought it from a friend for $187 with a bad transmission. I can't believe the market on them now.

I was watching an older Terra video this one below. And he’s running 37x10wide tensors and I was wondering if anyone has any input on putting those on a 1988 bronco I would prolly run the 35x10wide just because idk about a 37 yet and I wanna keep it simple but can anyone help with my decision or why or why not I should do it. I’m new to broncos and just joined the forum.View attachment 19846View attachment 19846
On a lighter vehicle those tire are fine a heavy bronco would wear those tire so quick I’ve looked into and talked to the tensor guys at the off-road expo they did not recommend it because of the weight they are utv and buggy tires

On a lighter vehicle those tire are fine a heavy bronco would wear those tire so quick I’ve looked into and talked to the tensor guys at the off-road expo they did not recommend it because of the weight they are utv and buggy tires
What tires do you recommend

Anything load range C. 33" 35" 37" 40" pick your flavor. You can find 33 and 35 10.5's which are lighter and clear things like stock fenders and AC components better. From what I know anything bigger then 35's on a bronco wont clear AC or stock fenders unless you're planning on extended width beams.

Whatever’s affordable and isn’t a ling long, it’s all preference they’ll all do the same when you get a nicer tire like bfg, Toyo, falken, or Yokohama and don’t buy old take offs that are like 10 years old even if the were in a garage

Anything load range C. 33" 35" 37" 40" pick your flavor. You can find 33 and 35 10.5's which are lighter and clear things like stock fenders and AC components better. From what I know anything bigger then 35's on a bronco wont clear AC or stock fenders unless you're planning on extended width beams.

Before my 88 got a terminatorX I was constantly chasing idle and ignition issues. I couldn't find a good IAC, TPS, EGR sensor or ICM to save my life. One was constantly taking a shit. I bought a healthier motor that speed density couldn't support. I went to mass air with a fiveology kit. Nothing but issues with that too. He sent me two bricked ECMs. He had a hell of a time sourcing a 3rd. The ICM that was required with that kit wasn't CA "legal" for some reason and was a pain to get ahold of. Finally just trashed it all. Other than that I love the truck. I had no year preference but I do like the look of a brick nose better now that mine has the 92+ conversion.🤣 Kind of a neat coincidence that I grew up riding in my dad's 55 f100 his birth year and now my son is riding in a 88 bronco my birth year. I originally bought it from a friend for $187 with a bad transmission. I can't believe the market on them now.
So your running the stock bronco engine and FI on a holley terminator?

Can you elaborate? Pics?

I like the way this sounds.

So your running the stock bronco engine and FI on a holley terminator?

Can you elaborate? Pics?

I like the way this sounds.
Yes stockish engine from a 96 e350. I got holleys sbf kit. I have their dual sync distributor. I'm using the stock intake and ls style sensors since that's the type of plugs the harness had.

Yes stockish engine from a 96 e350. I got holleys sbf kit. I have their dual sync distributor. I'm using the stock intake and ls style sensors since that's the type of plugs the harness had.
That's pretty cool. I never even thought of the holley on a stock engine. Thanks.

So after you install the Holly system with the new sensors you had the truck Dyno/ street tuned I'm guessing

Back