Luxo Preunner build

If you are able to, tack the shock tower plating on the truck, and tack them together every few inches. Then cut the tacks holding it to the cagework and fully weld it off the truck. I've broken a rear window welding it all together at once on the truck from the welds contracting. Everything was fine, but I came back the next morning and the window was shattered in place.

If you are able to, tack the shock tower plating on the truck, and tack them together every few inches. Then cut the tacks holding it to the cagework and fully weld it off the truck. I've broken a rear window welding it all together at once on the truck from the welds contracting. Everything was fine, but I came back the next morning and the window was shattered in place.
seriously?!??!

fuuuuuuuck. i would shit a brick right then and there. hah. fuck, good to hear another experience. i think i've heard of something similar happening to someone else one time, but then i remember thinking "yeah but he did this and that stupid, so fucking idiot blah blah".
don't get me wrong, i still think YOU are a fucking idiot..... but yeah. you know what im saying

😘 😘 😘 😘

Yes I will tack them and build them off the truck. My back window is fucked so I’m not worried about that part.

Oh shit! I thought those beams looked familiar. Mitch is a really good friend of mine. Keep an eye out for his hubs. He makes them all in house and they came out pretty nice

Looks beefy. How much caster does that have? Looks like quite a bit

Agreed, that was the first thing that caught my eye. Hah

I'm sure John has a solid esssplanation though.

(He'll prolly explain it in English though not mexicoiant, so YOU might need a translator, just like these posts........)

It has 15 degrees at ride height. It’s Mitch’s kit and he has done his research and all the his kits work well. I’m new to beams so I’m just going with the confidence of his research and the trucks running his stuff.

Hey John, can you post a few pictures of how you have the crossmember under the cab for the radius arms to mount/pivot off of???

Steering coming up next when parts arrive and then on to engine cage. Looking like the firewall has to get cut out. Which means vintage AC will have to be bought now. Also looking like the wheelbase should be around 136-137” IMG_1965.jpeg

My "long weiney" Tacoma was 138" wheelbase and worked awesome. Never noticed it being too long or anything like that

Haven’t done much lately. Got the swingers welded up. Hoping to get going further soon! Also mitch is working on the new hubs! IMG_6358.jpegIMG_2107.jpeg

Back