Garage Tools

I would definitely get the tightest radius available. I can’t think of anything negative about going tighter.

i picked up the HF digital helmet a few years ago. worked great in the beginning. but it seems to "flash" my eyes now.
i have played with the adjustments, cleaning, battery's.
it has the generic lens. do you need different lenses for mig...tig?
I just bought the most expensive welding helmet that Harbor freight sells and got the warranty for it, so every two years I’ll go replace it and get a new one for $30 haha

I bought the guillotine tube notcher a few months ago to replace my jd2 notcher. It’s great, a little pricier but I wanted something that can do longer notches. I was able to do that long notch, has to stop and cut piece that was getting notched out mid way because the hole saw bottomed out but still gave me a clean notch

Attachments

• CBB2FB96-FB30-4090-97F9-BB438F9106CB.png
    CBB2FB96-FB30-4090-97F9-BB438F9106CB.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 61515E7C-1AE9-4ADB-A284-CAD96EFFD7DB.png
    61515E7C-1AE9-4ADB-A284-CAD96EFFD7DB.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • F46A550A-8ACE-4430-892C-80F5997A7296.png
    F46A550A-8ACE-4430-892C-80F5997A7296.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Since I’m working out of a tiny 2 car garage right now with the main focus being shock service work, my fab tools need to remain compact and out of the way but still able to handle some bigger jobs I will occasionally tackle. My ABS 105 HEM saw is by far one of my favorite purchases. It’s compact and about the size equivalent of your average chop saw but it makes very precise cuts and is dead nuts straight. Plus you can set it up on a cut and walk away and it will auto shut off once it’s cut. No sparks, not terribly loud (equivalent to a shop vac) and the mess piles up on the saw for easy cleanup.
Second tool i highly appreciate now that I finally set it up is my corded Milwaukee band saw with the SWAG off road table. Again, compact but works very well for what it is.
I also bought these foot switches for plugs so for things such as a drill press or bench grinder, or the portabandsaw table, you can set it up with the foot pedal to operate it for easy walk up and go.

Attachments

• IMG_7693.jpeg
    IMG_7693.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7698.png
    IMG_7698.png
    781.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7699.jpeg
    IMG_7699.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 17
Anyone here using the Harbor Freight tube roller? Yay or Nay? It's not something I would use a lot but figured it would be handy to have around.

Anyone here using the Harbor Freight tube roller? Yay or Nay? It's not something I would use a lot but figured it would be handy to have around.

I've got one.

Built my own "swag" style upgrades for it and has worked great for smaller diameter tubing. I've used it for 2"x.120 DOM but it was a bitch.

Yvd8uU.jpg

If you get a HF roller, the first thing to do is make yourself a larger wheel for more leverage, then add the swag offroad extended arms and dies. I ground out the factory dies to fit tubing but even then it ovals the tubing a bit and makes notches a little more difficult but we built a cage in my dads 66 F-100 that has all the roof and dash tubes radiused, it works well with a larger wheel

If you get a HF roller, the first thing to do is make yourself a larger wheel for more leverage, then add the swag offroad extended arms and dies. I ground out the factory dies to fit tubing but even then it ovals the tubing a bit and makes notches a little more difficult but we built a cage in my dads 66 F-100 that has all the roof and dash tubes radiused, it works well with a larger wheel
Solid info. Got any pictures?

I have the hf roller and it always seems to twist the material. So it kind of spirals. I’ve tried making sure the tigers are all in line with different spacers. Not sure what it is. I beefed it up with my own swag style wings

Seen dialeds post his on bandsaw setup and thought I’d throw this out there. Portable band saw stand from harbor freight. I haven’t used one yet but planning to pick one up. Also harbor freight carries their own version of foot pedal switches, they have on/off and momentary versions. IMG_1708.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 8
Back