Garage Tools

How is the holding strength? I’ve found that crappy notchers can’t hold tubes well and they let the holes as chatter and bind and shred teeth.
I know exactly what you mean. This one holds tubes great no chatter and I have been using the same 1 3/4" milwaukee hole saw for my entire front end build and its still cutting good. I do use a milwaukee cordless drill on the slower setting though. 1/2" drills break wrist and destroy hole saws hahah

How do you hooligans go about organizing this small random shit??
Self tappers
Cotter pins
Counter sunk hardware/washers
Lock tight
Silicone Shit
E tape
Butt connectors
Etc…. Have always struggled with this little odds and ends shit lol

Attachments

• F2E072A6-A143-49AA-A014-58C36DC894A5.jpeg
    F2E072A6-A143-49AA-A014-58C36DC894A5.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 14
I have a Miller digital elite and it’s awesome. However, I picked up a $35 YesWelder helmet off Amazon for my wife and I find myself reaching for that more and more.
love my infinity, lightweight, huge screen, you can set a alarm for lunch time haha

Speaking of welding helmets, I bought a Hobart auto darkening from tractor supply a few years back and it turned out to be a pos. The batteries constantly die and doesn’t auto darken consistently. My buddy had the same one with similar results.

Self tappers
Cotter pins
Lock tight
Silicone Shit
E tape
Butt connectors
By no way am I organized but I have found that more tool boxes = better. Basically I'd rather have a drawer just for electrical, just for hammers, just for xyz.

This dudes space is inspiring.

Self tappers
Cotter pins
Lock tight
Silicone Shit
E tape
Butt connectors

I just use slim divided trays. I have one for electrical, one for fender washers and tabs and body fasteners, one for spare hardware etc.

Something like this, they have alot of sizes

Self tappers
Cotter pins
Lock tight
Silicone Shit
E tape
Butt connectors
I will see if i can find a pick, but i use a fishing tackle box for wiring connectors and tools.
I then have 2 bolt bins hanging over my work bench that holds bolts, and all the random shit i have, including hiems, bushings, cotter pins, rivits, bolts, zip ties, coozies and other shit.

last tool i bought and was wishing i had it sooner was an electric die grinder. being poor a nice compressor capable of running air tools has always been out of the question. this thing has so many uses it amazing.

last tool i bought and was wishing i had it sooner was an electric die grinder. being poor a nice compressor capable of running air tools has always been out of the question. this thing has so many uses it amazing.

Good call. My M12 one sucks ass for what I need.

i picked up the HF digital helmet a few years ago. worked great in the beginning. but it seems to "flash" my eyes now.
i have played with the adjustments, cleaning, battery's.
it has the generic lens. do you need different lenses for mig...tig?

idk about the newer ones but the older helmets that have a photocell in lens would need to be "charged" after sitting unused for a while.
Meaning you used to have to leave them in the sun or something for an hour before welding again.
it would surprise me if a 2022 helmet technology still needs that to be honest, though. so could be dead wrong here

Back