Ford Ranger 4x4 Prelander Build

yiiiiiiikes! i just noticed this also..............

why the heck a miter joint on the B-pillar to frame connection?!?!??!?!

yiiiiiiikes! i just noticed this also..............

why the heck a miter joint on the B-pillar to frame connection?!?!??!?

???? Gotta ask Brian. I'm going to build in rock sliders as well so there will be more tubes in the end from cage to frame.

Dang how sturdy is that firewall with the brake pedal on it? When I did mine it had flex in the firewall and ended up adding a tube to the firewall / plate to eliminate it.

Didn’t see that little guy there! Haha you would need to press it and see really if it needs it, the brake having support would be more important.

Didn’t see that little guy there! Haha you would need to press it and see really if it needs it, the brake having support would be more important.
me supporting ur mawmacita is the mostest importanter..............

sowwy. i just haven't posted one of them in a few days, or hours, or minutes. thought you guys missed it.

stupid truck stuff =

looks really good El'Stevieweevie.
might have missed it because i can't read, at all and fuck you, but are you guys/Brian gonna do equal length (as equal as you can get to 4x4 beams at least) steering? or keep the ghetto/ shitty/but it gets the job done, steering?

to me, it just seems like you guys/brian is doing so much fucking work basically building a whole new truck....... it would be totally worth it to do it. then again im medically stoopsss sooooooo. idk
i cant really tell where you are in the "fuck it just run it!" and "do it right the first time, no matter how long it takes!" and "if it drives under its own power from A to B, then im happy!" and even in ur mawmacita.

just wondadering...........

(heheh get it?!?! get it?!?!?)

me supporting ur mawmacita is the mostest importanter..............

sowwy. i just haven't posted one of them in a few days, or hours, or minutes. thought you guys missed it.

stupid truck stuff =

looks really good El'Stevieweevie.
might have missed it because i can't read, at all and fuck you, but are you guys/Brian gonna do equal length (as equal as you can get to 4x4 beams at least) steering? or keep the ghetto/ shitty/but it gets the job done, steering?

to me, it just seems like you guys/brian is doing so much fucking work basically building a whole new truck....... it would be totally worth it to do it. then again im medically stoopsss sooooooo. idk
i cant really tell where you are in the "fuck it just run it!" and "do it right the first time, no matter how long it takes!" and "if it drives under its own power from A to B, then im happy!" and even in ur mawmacita.

just wondadering...........

(heheh get it?!?! get it?!?!?)
Stock steering with Howe Power Steering pump set up.

Stock steering is fine for now. It's been 'upgraded' to the larger steering from an F350 truck. It's beefy enough for what I'm doing with the truck for right now.

Some updates from my builder since I'm ballin' on a budget these days... big builder guy.

Had to clearance the Crossmember and DS beam mount.

1655822584787.png

1655822559510.png

And then Brian is smart and fancy so we're have some CAD work done for the upper shock mounts.

1655822635054.png

I should probably plan to sell this truck right when I get it because it's turning out too nice...

Also I went and picked up an old Lance Squire 9.4 camper the other day. I scored and picked up this pile for free!!! The dude even through in a Smudge Pot. He had too much shit a new born and just wanted to get rid of shit! $180 in gas plus lunch and it was mine!

1655822802533.png

The reason he had through selling it was because he had gutted everything to redo the PEX plumbing. He redid all the plumbing, painted mostly everything and then lost motivation.

Everything is there but it just all needs putting back together. I'm still in debate on how to go about putting it back together.

I'm probably going to ditch the fridge, potentially go with a diesel heater, keep the sink, and ditch the over/stove top and just use a coleman. I'd like to ditch anything that is 'old' and potentially unreliable for new stuff that I can potentially use with other vehicles Like getting an Iceco vanlife style fridge vs the old traditional fridges.

As for right now... I just need to find a mattress and it's good enough to camp in for just me!

I do still have the RV but we'll be renting it out on our property for the next 4-6 months while Diesel is so expensive. I have been wanting something simple like the cabover again because it's just a lot easier to manage for smaller trips without the family.

Whoever helped you get that pile of shit in your truck deserves the helmet he bought over a month ago......
Mikey's back on the forums... life is better now!

As the saying goes... the bro deal is the slow deal.

I had left the house this morning after you texted me... Also not wanting to keep that fancy helmet in the car since my mail has been getting stolen lately.. didn't want to loose that too

Back