Fenderfab Ranger

FENDERFAB

Whats up guys. Figured i would document my build here for those interested.

Ive been building this truck for a little over 10 years. I learned how to fab on this truck. Alot of my original work was ugly, poorly executed and just overall wrong. Over this journey i have redone things multiple times and finally ended up where Im at today.

Originally i bought this truck and was just going to do a cage/suspension on 35s and keep it as a daily driver prerunner. That quickly snowballed and over the the period of this build ive had 4 different front end kits, 4 different engine setups, 3 rear axles, 2 backhalfs, 3 engine cages, etc. Finally i got it back up and running this season with a new powerplant.

Ill drop some pics and will start posting current updates etc as i continue on.

Screenshot_20200316-113631_Gallery.jpg20211123_163555.jpg20201029_164551.jpg20211122_144936.jpg

I've been following this truck on DR and then IG since the beginning and have loved the way it's turned out. Super clean and it's been cool to see how much it's progressed.

Thanks! its been a really fun project and been so nice to finally enjoy it this past season!

I guess i should give a quick rundown of the history!

I bought the truck from a highschool buddy it was his daily driver in high school- it was bone stock and he sold it to me for a grand.

I started off with the cage and an unequal camburg kit with 35s, a basic 4 link setup and a trussed 8.8 rear end. Single coilover on all 4 corners. I ran it like this for a couple seasons until i decided to put a v8 in it. I had an old 350 small block sitting in my yard and installed that with a th400 trans and this is where it all went downhill. I upgraded to 9" rear end and a better beam kit, 37" tires, fiberglass dash etc. The 350 lasted me 2 trips and it blew which of course i went bigger and had a 383 stroker built.

Not talking shit on my engine builder but i had nothing but issues with the 383. I ended up having to pull it out to get worked on over 4 times for issues i felt should have been handled the first go around. During this time i slowly upgraded other parts- fully fab rear end, another beam setup, new back half, bigger shocks, new interior etc.

This past year I finally had it with the carbd 383 and went to a built 6.0l ls that i built in my garage running on holley terminator. Along with that i upgraded a few other things.

Heres a few more pics that are current.

20211123_162615.jpgIMG_62491.jpgIMG_62681.jpgIMG_69411.jpg

Small update- Doing some work this off season

Originally when i built the truck i kept half of the rear frame rails- i am deleting those and doing a standard tube backhalf. Going to be revising the shock mount locations and moving them up for additional uptravel. Adding a swaybar and other things in the rear.

Front end will be getting new camburg hubs with custom spindles im going to build.

20220414_190119.jpg20220414_190154.jpg20220414_190200.jpg

Hey Guys. Been a bit since ive been on here.

Just moved to a new spot a couple months ago but still slowly working on things. Did a quick trip in early october but havent had any other trips. Just installed new springs on the rear coilovers. Working on repainting the front chassis to match the back. Had some leaking oil coolers so im replacing those to CBR and doing new plumbing for those.

Hoping to make a trip in april for a few days and then this summer continue on some projects. I am heavily considering trying to get a third seat in the truck. I know mark mcneil has 3 sparcos in his ranger but theres not to many pictures of his interior layout. Whether i go to 3 seats or keep it with two I plan to do some additional interior work, rework my exhaust, and do new lighting all baja designs.IMG_9784.jpgIMG_9789.jpgIMG_9861.jpg

what snouts are those in front ...? I'd be worried about them big ass tires

what snouts are those in front ...? I'd be worried about them big ass tires

Those are 1" Kingpin

I have these ready to go for the front- 2.5 Camburg, 13" Coleman rotors, 6 Piston wilwoods

Still working out what I want to do for my spindles. I have a couple ideas but ultimately may be easiest to just get a new beam kit rather than try to graft something onto these beams.

IMG_9393.jpg

This thing is bad ass man! I really like the paint.

40's just hit different... how is lifting up one of those bad boys to change the tire... gotta weigh 200 lbs?
Thank you man! The paint turned out pretty good. This was my first go at painting a whole vehicle myself, i just did it in my garage with a harbor freight gun. In the future I will definitely buy some nicer guns. That was my limiting factor on this project. It does have a couple runs in the clear coat but I am planning on wet sanding it and buffing it out. Ultimately i dont care that much! its already all scratched up after one trip but its a desert truck and i do plan to use it!

Theyre really not much heavier if at all than the 37s i had before. I have not weighed one yet id say 130lb give or take.

Thank you man! The paint turned out pretty good. This was my first go at painting a whole vehicle myself, i just did it in my garage with a harbor freight gun. In the future I will definitely buy some nicer guns. That was my limiting factor on this project. It does have a couple runs in the clear coat but I am planning on wet sanding it and buffing it out. Ultimately i dont care that much! its already all scratched up after one trip but its a desert truck and i do plan to use it!

Theyre really not much heavier if at all than the 37s i had before. I have not weighed one yet id say 130lb give or take.
yea looks good from my house... Shes just gunna get sand blasted any way ! haha

Interesting on the tires... I'll be here throwing my 33x10.5s around the garage if you need me...

you guys with 40s are really fucking up the 2 track for us little guys haha. Driving on the course in Barstow is like Autopia at Disneyland. 😂

^^ when i painted 2 ghetto... i used HF guns too.

Fat fingers opened up the flow nozzle in back once... put a big thick stripe of base on the roof. oopsie!

I felt like nothing was the gun's fault! LOL. I will be using them again on G4.. and Brodaddy

I painted a few vehicles and my old cafe racer CB750 with harbor freight gun. Works good and still use it to spray Steel-IT since it's cheaper by the gallon than in spray cans.

Back