h0runner’s br0runner

bumpity! Hows this thing coming ?
Haven’t done much to it, life and work have been busy. Gonna have to reengineer the swinger, even with rubber isolation and floating mounting bolts it deformed the body a little so that’s on my to do list. No biggie. Also have to scotch brite all the exposed metal on my front end and the paint it. Plan to do that when I have a couple weeks off for Christmas. Maybe even get some dez time in if I can. Was really hoping to get more trips in this season but it seems like every time I’m off work there’s something going on lol

Haven’t done much to it, life and work have been busy. Gonna have to reengineer the swinger, even with rubber isolation and floating mounting bolts it deformed the body a little so that’s on my to do list. No biggie. Also have to scotch brite all the exposed metal on my front end and the paint it. Plan to do that when I have a couple weeks off for Christmas. Maybe even get some dez time in if I can. Was really hoping to get more trips in this season but it seems like every time I’m off work there’s something going on lol
right on dude... you guys planning on getting out to KOH?

I’d like to, you guys doing a trip out there?
yea mon! come hang out !

The upper pivot for the tire carrier started slightly deforming the body over the last couple months. Decided to chop the upper pivot. If it moves too much I’ll do a double shear pivot but most of the flex actually comes from the entire bumper flexing rather than the pivot alone. Added a shelf for the tire to sit in as well. More sleeved areas for more nun-killery.
03548D37-4CF3-4168-8C2B-9964661D7BE9.jpeg
FFEA8B2C-3525-48EC-8827-E2FCD7C6D59A.jpeg
8B608629-C2A8-42A6-802A-8E71109CCAB6.jpeg
DC242C7A-453B-49B8-B4C5-00DE670A5D5D.jpeg
Tire now sits a decent amount lower which looks better but also might get caught on shit when I’m being a rock donkey.

that will solve it. cant really have one point mounted to the frame, one to the body with out flex issues over time.

that will solve it. cant really have one point mounted to the frame, one to the body with out flex issues over time.
Yeah I was really hoping my floating bolts and urethane isolation would help that but no dice. Luckily it wasn’t worse.

Sup bros. Long time no post. A little bit has happened to the runner, not much. Went through a few gas tanks that kept cracking at the exact same spot, replaced some motor mounts, yanked the tire swinger bumper, and blew a head gasket, then wiped out a cam, then swapped in a junkyard 22RE with 100k on the clock last weekend. Did get to finally gusset in my hoops and replace my a arm bushings a couple months ago. Need to rebuild my shocks and probably soften all the stacks by one step thinner shims.

Haven’t gotten to do much offroad fun this past year, hoping to change that now that I have a new to me motor that is definitely healthier than what came out. Have a couple camping trips planned for this spring. Here’s some photos of stuff I’ve been doing lately.

New to me motor, decided to open it up and replace the head gasket since I had to replace the timing assembly. Had the oem DID chain on it, and the inside looks fantastic. No streaking or anything on the cylinders. I scraped a little carbon off the pistons and valves and sealed it back up with an oem gasket and ARP studs.

It’s running titties. I’m now trying to figure out why my back brakes are screaming constantly. Can’t seem to fix it, maybe I shouldn’t have gone with vatozone brake shoes.

Attachments

• IMG_8985.jpeg
    IMG_8985.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8968.jpeg
    IMG_8968.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 14
Sup bros. Long time no post. A little bit has happened to the runner, not much. Went through a few gas tanks that kept cracking at the exact same spot, replaced some motor mounts, yanked the tire swinger bumper, and blew a head gasket, then wiped out a cam, then swapped in a junkyard 22RE with 100k on the clock last weekend. Did get to finally gusset in my hoops and replace my a arm bushings a couple months ago. Need to rebuild my shocks and probably soften all the stacks by one step thinner shims.

Haven’t gotten to do much offroad fun this past year, hoping to change that now that I have a new to me motor that is definitely healthier than what came out. Have a couple camping trips planned for this spring. Here’s some photos of stuff I’ve been doing lately.

New to me motor, decided to open it up and replace the head gasket since I had to replace the timing assembly. Had the oem DID chain on it, and the inside looks fantastic. No streaking or anything on the cylinders. I scraped a little carbon off the pistons and valves and sealed it back up with an oem gasket and ARP studs.

It’s running titties. I’m now trying to figure out why my back brakes are screaming constantly. Can’t seem to fix it, maybe I shouldn’t have gone with vatozone brake shoes.
Dang dude a little? haha sound like you’ve been busy! Hope all is well.

Dang dude a little? haha sound like you’ve been busy! Hope all is well.
Ha, yea a little more busy than I’d like to be. At least I enjoy wrenching a little.

Doing good man, hope you are too. I haven’t seen any of you bros in forever I need to get back into the dirt!

Back