The Lonely Pinos 250 Prelander run. Bring the kids

I don't mean to sound overlandish but is it ok to talk about meals? I haven't done a multi day point to point trip in a long time, and never with a child along so id like to have a game plan set. Do we want to plan on fending for ourselves or do we want to set up potluck style meals each night?

I don't mean to sound overlandish but is it ok to talk about meals? I haven't done a multi day point to point trip in a long time, and never with a child along so id like to have a game plan set. Do we want to plan on fending for ourselves or do we want to set up potluck style meals each night?
It’s not my trip to plan, but for the sake of kiddos I’d suggest everyone fends for themselves, unless they make extra to share for dinners. Kids can be picky (not throwing shade) and you/your wife know what they’ll actually eat on the trail, or dietary restrictions/allergies

Yea I’m usually not into the pot lach thing.
Mainly because my meals are dirt simple and not worth sharing. Aka hot dogs every night.

If you want to buddy up or organize something have at it.

Wait wait.
@Endless Trails can I just Venmo you like $200 and bum off your meals the whole time?
Or I bring the booze your bring the meat like we did at Clean Dezert? Don’t be afraid to say no, but I’m happy to get financially ripped off for a bacon cheeseburger in the middle of the desert.

repost and add yourself to the list

So far I know we got
Lance+ son Walker (11) 1995 f150
Paul Andersen+daughter(12) brown TTB van w/37s
Ken Little+shane dodge ram @Endless Trails
Brandon+ Wesley raptor @WW_RANGER_X

Damn dude, I haven’t even unloaded from KOH yet 😂

I think I have a full day of trail laid out out just in the lone pine area. I Subscribe to the “let the run be a surprise” school of thought (aka back off idk where I’m going) but I know Brandon miller is anxious to pre run the whole thing via google earth.

Either rig will be fine. Bring whatever you want. Just no slow jeeps 💩
Shane in the TJ might surprise some. :D

Yea I’m usually not into the pot lach thing.
Mainly because my meals are dirt simple and not worth sharing. Aka hot dogs every night.

If you want to buddy up or organize something have at it.

Wait wait.
@Endless Trails can I just Venmo you like $200 and bum off your meals the whole time?
Or I bring the booze your bring the meat like we did at Clean Dezert? Don’t be afraid to say no, but I’m happy to get financially ripped off for a bacon cheeseburger in the middle of the desert.
What Lance is trying to say is hot dogs is about as gourmet as he goes camping other than the occasional steak. The midnight sausages were great though.;) Lets get closer and we can figure out the food / drink. It wouldn't be hard to just pick a meal style for the night and people can make something in that arena. At least we would be in the same ball park even if it wasn't pot luck.

I'm in for this for sure, splitting kid duties with the wife for the weekend. She's going racing and I'm bringing my two oldest sons along for some off-road fun. I only have the WJ ready to go but it carries a decent pace and has been generally reliable.

Lance+ son Walker (11) 1995 f150
Paul Andersen+daughter(12) brown TTB van w/37s
Ken Little+shane dodge ram @Endless Trails
Brandon+ Wesley raptor @WW_RANGER_X
Brian + sons (11&13) Jeep WJ @Motiracer38

I'm not familiar with that area will my 4x4 Sequoia make it?

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_194923_203.jpg
    IMG_20240225_194923_203.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 9
I don’t know. How many dirt miles have you put on it and how reliable is it?
What kind of desert prep have you done?
Very reliable, lost count of the miles.
BFG 33" on Method 707 Bead grip wheels (fullsize spare)
Bilstein 5100's with OME heavy duty sprigs
Extended sway bar end links
New R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotos with off road/ towing pads.
Center dump exhaust
High clearance front and rear bumpers
Lots of lights lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240220-175943.png
    Screenshot_20240220-175943.png
    938.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240223-135409.png
    Screenshot_20240223-135409.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240225_103612180~2.jpg
    IMG_20240225_103612180~2.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 3
Very reliable, lost count of the miles.
BFG 33" on Method 707 Bead grip wheels (fullsize spare)
Bilstein 5100's with OME heavy duty sprigs
Extended sway bar end links
New R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotos with off road/ towing pads.
Center dump exhaust
High clearance front and rear bumpers
Lots of lights lol
You'll be fine dude.

Just come and enjoy the trip!

There will be no gps file.

Route is very depend on snow pack so I won’t have it ironed out until mid/late March.

Meetup in Lone Pine will not change.
(y) Im going to try and make it with my 14 year old son. Been trying to get in on a trip like this. If I dont go in the few weeks death valley lake looks like a cool site to see thats not around toof often.

Throw me on the list for this trip. Idea will be to bring my son Ryder (5) along. But as he is on the younger side id like to possibly jump in for a part of the trip, and maybe skip any high elevation (bristlecone tree forest) if remotely possible. So curious to what the final plan will be route wise and if thats even possible.

The minion and I are in, cleared hot by the family CEO/CFO (the wife) 😂

One caveat though, we can’t leave until Thursday afternoon. Hopefully the Thursday night camp location is not too terribly difficult to get to.

I really want to make this happen, but I don’t want to do a 100 miles of dirt in unfamiliar dirt solo with a kid.

I also don’t want to be the reason the whole group has to make sacrifices so we can link up.

Back