The Lonely Pinos 250 Prelander run. Bring the kids

The minion and I are in, cleared hot by the family CEO/CFO (the wife) 😂

One caveat though, we can’t leave until Thursday afternoon. Hopefully the Thursday night camp location is not too terribly difficult to get to.

I really want to make this happen, but I don’t want to do a 100 miles of dirt in unfamiliar dirt solo with a kid.

I also don’t want to be the reason the whole group has to make sacrifices so we can link up.

This might be my situation as well, with my wife probably only being able to get off Friday. Maybe you and I can caravan up together

The minion and I are in, cleared hot by the family CEO/CFO (the wife) 😂

One caveat though, we can’t leave until Thursday afternoon. Hopefully the Thursday night camp location is not too terribly difficult to get to.

I really want to make this happen, but I don’t want to do a 100 miles of dirt in unfamiliar dirt solo with a kid.

I also don’t want to be the reason the whole group has to make sacrifices so we can link up.
I am in a similar boat. We can caravan.

Tom Green mentioned that book on Rogan. I was going to pick it up and give it a read.
Dude the first few pages talk about the desire to move and travel and it captures perfectly what’s in all of our BLGT hearts.

Ok I got a good chunk figured out. I’m not going to spell out the whole route for you guys to plot on an app or prerun on google earth. That sucks the fun out of it.

I do have the group camp reserved at Tuttle Creek CG Wednesday night. It’s big enough for everyone so just show up. Rolling in late is fine(encouraged?), we will be hanging by the fire late.

We will go to Cerro Gordo (thanks Brandon, I haven’t been there in years).

We will go to the Laws Railroad Museum. I don’t plan to stay too long, lunch stop, 2 hours max.
$10/person. Under 12 free.

We will go to the Saline Valley hot springs. These should be kid friendly so long as the sun is up.
Plastered bottom and grass, not a soggy mud pit, although they have those too.
Be ready for some PG rated nudity in the area but not necessary in the hot springs.
If it’s not PG rated we will drive on.

If you want to jump in on day 2 or somthing that’s fine, DM me and I’ll guide you in.

We will have some stretches of pavement but nothing major. I’ll probably air down to 18 and stay there till Sunday. Just drive slow on pavement sections.

Last edited:
Ok I got a good chunk figured out. I’m not going to spell out the whole route for you guys to plot on an app or prerun on google earth. That sucks the fun out of it.

I do have the group camp reserved at Tuttle Creek CG Wednesday night. It’s big enough for everyone so just show up. Rolling in late is fine(encouraged?), we will be hanging by the fire late.

We will go to Cerro Gordo (thanks Brandon, I haven’t been there in years).

We will go to the Laws Railroad Museum. I don’t plan to stay too long, lunch stop, 2 hours max.
$10/person. Under 12 free.

We will go to the Saline Valley hot springs. These should be kid friendly so long as the sun is up.
Plastered bottom and grass, not a soggy mud pit, although they have those too.
Be ready for some PG rated nudity in the area but not necessary in the hot springs.
If it’s not PG rated we will drive on.

If you want to jump in on day 2 or somthing that’s fine, DM me and I’ll guide you in.

We will have some stretches of pavement but nothing major. I’ll probably air down to 18 and stay there till Sunday. Just drive slow on pavement sections.
That should be fun. Never been to Cerro Gordo or Laws Museum.

That should be fun. Never been to Cerro Gordo or Laws Museum.
Same.

Sounds like some of the group won't be able to join in until Thursday night. Should we establish a Thursday night camp destination for those showing up late Thursday in case of no internet or cell service?

Also, do we want to pick a radio channel now? BFG RELAY had been a better alternative to the recent flooded Weatherman the last few trips (assuming everyone has or will have a VHF radio on the trip)

lastly, Firewood. Should we make it a point that each truck tries to bring at least a bundle or 2 of firewood?

BFG Relay is 151.715 for those folks without programmed radios.

Going to bring Camp Chef and Flat top griddle. Anyone is welcome to bring whatever Bacon, Sausage Eggs, etc to cook.

I'll bring the Howl as well for campfire. Might need an extra propane tank for 2/3 nights worth of fire and cooking. I'll see what I can tetris in to The Mouse.

We are a little under a month out. Fack I have a lot of shit I need to do probably should get started eh?

We are definitely bringing as much firewood as I can jam in the Tacoma.

The small 1lb propane or the bigger 15/20 lbs tank?

Definitely bringing food to cook. Big fan of a nice warm breakfast before smashing around all day and eating chips and uncrustabales.

I also have a million things to do too as well. I’m sure I’ll be slamming stuff together the day before as usual.

Good news is the truck is in good shape still from KOH. It just needs an oil change and a once over.

Heads up we may need to notify or reach out to Cerro Gordo to let them know a group is coming through, i don't know how it works these days, but it is technically private property so i think it has to be arranged. Maybe not if the group is just driving through???

All those planned stops seem like a good time.

The hot springs are always a good one...

Heads up we may need to notify or reach out to Cerro Gordo to let them know a group is coming through, i don't know how it works these days, but it is technically private property so i think it has to be arranged. Maybe not if the group is just driving through???

All those planned stops seem like a good time.

The hot springs are always a good one...
I’ll check into it thanks.

I drove my truck for the first time since KOH on Saturday….she has a few new noises 🤔

Back