Adventure Endeavor's TTB Grand Wagoneer Build

Awesome build for sure. I will be doing a front bronco frame graft onto my 04 Sequoia BUT the toyota frame is about 6" wider that the bronco so I'll be doing some pie cuts and bending to make it connect and then boxing/plating it all in since I won't be having a cage or anything done to inside of that vehicle just like you guys did here.

Awesome build for sure. I will be doing a front bronco frame graft onto my 04 Sequoia BUT the toyota frame is about 6" wider that the bronco so I'll be doing some pie cuts and bending to make it connect and then boxing/plating it all in since I won't be having a cage or anything done to inside of that vehicle just like you guys did here.

You're insane! LOL I saw on IG that you bought a Sequoia. Congrats. Now you can coach me through cutting up some stock arms and rear end matters... Limited too. Well done sir!

20210921_112227.jpg
Once we had the coilovers and the beams in place. We put the tire on and check for clearances. We were going to need a lot of trimming.
20210921_122559.jpg

Here's a video with a little more detail.

DSC00996.jpg
With the beams all welded up we started tearing the rear apart. It was long overdue, the Jeep is an 89 and you could tell it minimum maintenance. Just like our old explorer we were doing a cantilever setup with custom Deaver leaf springs. I didn't want anything coming through the floor and wanted to keep the stock gas tank.
DSC00993.jpg
The rear involved quite a bit of trimming to get the 35s to tuck nicely. We went with a Ford Explorer 8.8 to get the correct width we needed. This Jeep is technically a full size but it's a bit smaller. Right between an Expo and a Bronco. Milestar and Raceline stepped up and helped us out with the build. We love the combo and the classic look.
DSC00989.jpg

^This video shows a bit more of the Cantilever and the finished product. More photos to come.

20210922_141004.jpg
The rear is super tight but we got everything to tuck nicely. Definitely will not be getting any bigger tires. We actually rolled the rear fenders for a little more room.
20210922_140957.jpg

Once we trimmed to fit the 35s, we were left with a huge hole. We had to do a reverse tub? Filled in the fender well with some aluminum.
20210924_134207.jpg

20210927_124125.jpg
Then the fun really started. Idk what it is but I absolutely love Cantilever setups. 12" ADS shocks. It's a tight fit, barely cleared the stock gas tank
20210927_164036.jpg

So we ended up with 18" in the rear. The rear was tough to clear the 35s. Unfortunately we had to limit 2" of up travel due to tire clearances.

Heres a video on this process and it actually finished in action.

Back