'93 Explorer Prelanding Camper

quite a few weeks behind on updating this, but got the new top end all sorted out. Ended up doing new heads and re gasketing everything, changed out the MAF, T-stat, new lifters and new injectors. Rocker arms and push rods looked brand new still from whatever previous rebuild this thing got before I bought it. Also replaced a bunch of vacuum lines & purrs like a kitten again! It still needs a fan clutch as the temp seems to fluctuate a bit and the ‘91 I previously owned has the same issue, but easy to fix. Next up is to install the Cookcraft rear shock mount that utilizes Gen 1 Raptor rear take-offs, or 12" King bypasses up to a 3.0 with a different lower shock mount. This kit pulls 14” of travel from droop to bump with Deavers and maintains everything under the cab! Its the perfect solution for a rear shock upgrade without sacrificing cargo or sleep space. IMG_8779.jpegIMG_8926.jpegIMG_8930.jpegIMG_8931.jpeg
Shock mount on Ryan’s Explorer:
image000000.jpeg

Started working on a swing-out spare tire carrier this weekend. a 33" fits good in the cargo area, but it really doesn't leave room for too much else. I'd like to be able to set-up our bedding situation (sleeping in the car), and basically just throw the rest of our gear on top of it without having to dick with a tire. I may incorporate a jack to this mount, or, a jerry-can mount. Haven't decided yet, but for now, just focusing on getting the tire on and I'll go from there. Here's a photo dump, some of the under-side welds look like absolute shit, as I was sort of just flying blind on those but I sat on the spindle a few times really hard and it didn't break so hopefully it'll hold. Anyway, here's my ghetto fab:

explorerbumper.jpg

explorerbumper2.jpg

explorerbumper3.jpg

explorerbumper4.jpg

explorerbumper5.jpg

explorerbumper6.jpg

explorerbumper7.jpg

explorerbumper8.jpg

explorerbumper9.jpg

explorerbumper10.jpg

explorerbumper11.jpg

explorerbumper12.jpg

explorerbumper13.jpg

explorerbumper14.jpg

explorerbumper15.jpg

explorerbumper16.jpg

explorerbumper17.jpg

IMG_0247.jpeg

I gotta figure out how to resize my photos on my phone they’re too large to post, but yes it’s done! And I’ve had the rig out a couple times now with the tire swinger finished, and the cookcraft rear shock mount with raptor take off rear shocks and it works great! I’ll try to resize pictures and videos so I can get this thread back up to date. 👍🏻

When you attach the pictures you are able to click on the picture and at the bottom click where it says "actual size" and then you can click large or medium or whatever.

I have been looking at these all afternoon now since I found this thread.....

Anyone know if you can flat tow this gen explorer by putting the t-case in neutch?

Back