Tired old Tahoe

On my escalade I was getting about 10-11” of out the front with the torsions if I remember correctly. My front has 2.5” FOA 8” stroke shocks and the Amazon special tube uppers that we cut and turned the ball joint cup to get as much safe travel out of the ball joint as possible. Only down side to those a arms is there Chinese made so we ended up having to go to a 2500 ball joint I believe and grind the cup out a little bit for them to fit in with a press. Also had to grind the lip on the ball joint some for them to fit inside the arm.

Right now I’m bumped at 9 1/2” of travel but that’s because I kept stuffing the tire into the cab and the fender… here shortly I’m going to flare my fenders and go crazier then I did on the cab with a sledge hammer to clear my 35s
Good to know. My plan is to throw a shock tower on so I can stuff a longer shock in there. I was thinking about a set of those cheap upper arms and cut the end out and add in a uniball cup.

There’s this little spot inside me that wants to get a set of the swayaway torsion bars. I don’t hate torsion bars. then I could have a 3” bypass or freebleed shock up front. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck

Back