Tired old Tahoe

Oh4Tahoe

Little about my Tahoe, it’s a 2004

It’s currently sitting at 321,xxx miles

Engine is original , it sometimes ticks, transmission was replaced by the GM dealer with a new unit, shortly after a failed rebuild. I just replaced the transfer case and I just had the rear axle rebuilt with a Detroit locker. The transfer case and axle were singing to me and let’s be honest their singing voices suck.

for the time being it has maxxcam keys, hummer H2 rear springs and bilstein remote reservoir shocks front (5160) and rear (7100) I built a panhard bar for it with Heims, I cut the ends off a set of Spohn rear lower links and welded in a heim , currently figuring out how I want to build the upper rear links. Front just has some death grip tie rods. Going to build upper arms for it. Also gonna get shock towers at that point and some bigger shocks

Sitting on some 33/12.5 Patagonia Mt tires on a set of dirty life enigma beadlocks

Figuring out how I want to build bumpers for it

I’m working towards having a fun dd trail rig

It ain’t much but it’s mine

Attachments

• IMG_5756.jpeg
    IMG_5756.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4539.jpeg
    IMG_4539.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 24
Nice! Love seeing polished Enigmas. I'm running the same wheel in black non beadlock though. So whats your plans with this thing?

Nice! Love seeing polished Enigmas. I'm running the same wheel in black non beadlock though. So whats your plans with this thing?
Well, my thoughts are at the minimum a very plush mid travel machine. With the weight of it I can do new shock towers front and rear and have some 3” shocks and I’d like to be able to get 10” of front travel and like 12” of rear travel and be able to rip a bit . I have some ideas for the rear suspension, I feel like I can get some good movement out of it

On the far end of the spectrum long travel front end, rear mounted fuel cell and four link rear but I also feel like I want to keep this thing fairly mild and build another truck to rip with

🤷 for now, just enjoying the process. I have some ideas for some little stuff with it, trying to think things through and do it right

My current thought project is incorporating the stop/tail/turn all to the red lense of the Taillight housing and putting some led fog light bulbs in the Amber lense of the taillights for chase lights with out having to mount them somewhere obnoxious

And when it came time to buy wheels , I hadn’t seen many sets running around and they were pretty new still so I picked the enigmas. I love ‘em, I’m a sucker for polished

I got it off my in-laws with 280k on it, they have it since basically new. So I have a really good picture of the maintenance history , at this point the only driveline piece that will need replaced is the engine at some point. Gonna run it til I can’t.

The price was right and I figured if I didn’t take on a payment for a DD I can save my pennies and build something fun down the road

Ebay has some very reasonable upper arms for $105.

I've got 315s on my Tahoe without issue, which seems to be about the biggest you can go with cutting or clearance issues.

I've got 315s on my Tahoe without issue, which seems to be about the biggest you can go with cutting or clearance issues.
How are those quality wise? I was going to build a set but $105 I can’t touch building some for that. I didn’t look at them yet, are those uniball? Or like a balljoint

I currently have 33 12.5s and had to do some real minor plastic trimming to get them to not make noise wanted to go 315 or I’ve even been eyeing some 35/10.5s for the future.

How are those quality wise? I was going to build a set but $105 I can’t touch building some for that. I didn’t look at them yet, are those uniball? Or like a balljoint

I have a set I ordered and they look like any other production lift kit arm. I wouldn't be afraid to run them. They use a ball joint.

I was thinking for the money I could buy them and cut in a set of uniball cups, I have the hardware for a set of uniball uppers 🤔

Back