things to do with your offspring?!??!

everyone has different feelings about that stuff. I listened to a podcast about this stuff and they were saying that video games could be great if it leads a kid into that career path... but if they do it with no drive beyond that then its an issue. I think we we all doing our best to raise good kids (hopefully) and that is what matters most. Its not always about doing the easy thing for your kid, but making sure they grow up good which means doing hard stuff sometimes.

everyone has different feelings about that stuff. I listened to a podcast about this stuff and they were saying that video games could be great if it leads a kid into that career path... but if they do it with no drive beyond that then its an issue. I think we we all doing our best to raise good kids (hopefully) and that is what matters most. Its not always about doing the easy thing for your kid, but making sure they grow up good which means doing hard stuff sometimes.

agreed. we are!

cept U dat iz. u stink.

😘

Enter farming simulator...

I knew somebody that bought or had a bunch of random pvc pipes and connectors, they built forts out of it, never glued them together so it could be torn down and put up differently or stored, thought that was pretty cool.

My kid has been on a cooking kick lately which is pretty cool, he likes helping make dinners, I sit him on the counter and he helps out however he can then sets the dinner table (seriously, place settings, silverware, candles), it really improved his eating habits because he feels like he is working for his reward and see's how much effort go's into a simple dinner....we burn wood here too, so he likes helping collect pine cones and kindling then wood and building the fire, I let him do the whole thing (supervised) then he gets to light it with me...when it starts warming the house up he gets excited and proud that "he did it".

We bought a big Stock Tank from Tractor Supply last year. I was sick of my wife buying some small inflatable for like $60 bucks that would die after a month or two. Our Daughter was just learning to stand at the time and now this year she's loving to play in the water. We just fill it up about 5-6 inches right now. She loves it though. Basically she will be in it every day this summer. We bought a cover for it but don't have any type of filter system yet. When the water gets dirty I use it to water the plants right now. I think by next year we'll have it all set up with a filter system.

I've also made my own little Solar Heater for it by hooking up a sump pump to black irrigation hose and throwing it on the roof. Works bitchen with a lot of hose but it kinks so easy. It was like 75 out and the water would coming out at like 100 degrees.

The next plan is to buy a bunch of 90* fittings and make a grid along my roof.

Attachments

• IMG_6420.jpg
    IMG_6420.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 8
niiiiiiiiiiiceeeeee!!!!!!!

Brogs fucking LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS SWIMMING in our pool. the whole pool is getting redone right now, its literally a pool that was built in 1900 by papa (he was just turning 20, i think? haha) when the house was built and hasnt been redone since haha, so he hasnt asked to go swimming/realized hes gonna have to wait a few weeks, yet. so we'll see how that goes over. haha

100% this ... your goal as a parent is to raise an adult who can be self sufficient. work, cook, clean, manage money, and be able to develop, maintain relationships, and bang mawmacita's
a hundded %

We bought a big Stock Tank from Tractor Supply last year. I was sick of my wife buying some small inflatable for like $60 bucks that would die after a month or two. Our Daughter was just learning to stand at the time and now this year she's loving to play in the water. We just fill it up about 5-6 inches right now. She loves it though. Basically she will be in it every day this summer. We bought a cover for it but don't have any type of filter system yet. When the water gets dirty I use it to water the plants right now. I think by next year we'll have it all set up with a filter system.

I've also made my own little Solar Heater for it by hooking up a sump pump to black irrigation hose and throwing it on the roof. Works bitchen with a lot of hose but it kinks so easy. It was like 75 out and the water would coming out at like 100 degrees.

i am starting to realize that i need to up my parenting game. lol

Even if you don't filter it, the big thing is to keep the water moving. Drop in a chlorine tab and keep the water flowing and circulating. I don't know how well galvanized metal and chlorine will mix though. You could always line it with the thick plastic and that will cut down the need for any chemicals as long as the water is circulating

Even if you don't filter it, the big thing is to keep the water moving. Drop in a chlorine tab and keep the water flowing and circulating. I don't know how well galvanized metal and chlorine will mix though. You could always line it with the thick plastic and that will cut down the need for any chemicals as long as the water is circulating
Thanks man. I have a cover for it now and just plan to get a 70 pump/filter from amazon next week. There's just too much dirt and grime that gets in there too quickly with my back yard mostly being dirt.

On the chorine side i have no idea if it reacts but I have seen a bunch of people paint their pool with some coating that looks a lot nicer. So maybe that's the plan for next year as well.

Have you looked into the copper coil and campfire heating method, Thats what we are going to do, definitely a wintertime scenario since we both live in high fire danger areas but its a cool option.

My grandpa would park the tractor bucket over the stock tank when I was kid so I jump in off that, looking back seems pretty dangerous:LOL:

Yeah. Looked into the copper coil method a bunch since I have so much Oak around the property.

My boss just showed me a video of a guy using a cars radiator on a gas grill... pretty good idea if we can fine an old CBR all aluminum one.

Yeah. Looked into the copper coil method a bunch since I have so much Oak around the property.

My boss just showed me a video of a guy using a cars radiator on a gas grill... pretty good idea if we can fine an old CBR all aluminum one.
My buddy sent me that video yesterday, Yeah and all aluminum or an old school copper radiator would be the best.

I had thought about this some before I bought a house with a jacuzzi. But if a guy had a smudge pot, he could put the coils around the chimney pipe of it, with a cheap 12 v pump or a 120v pump to circulate and have warm jets in the trough.

Anything we can do outside to keep
the screen time down We take them to the:
creek, museum, hunting, biking, horseback riding, church, beach, bar you name it. Best part about kids is that they are cordless, take them out and expose them to lots of positive things!
View attachment 3084C117AA13-1D1C-40CB-A879-1E8053D2823E.jpegF5CF47D7-E401-4959-B240-AD43B75FCAA7.jpeg485E34FB-F7F5-4C84-A08E-B7670C0FAC0B.jpeg71243ED0-4B84-4EBD-ADC5-583C140DCD64.jpeg4E3D578F-8909-4C48-A332-D7F9275FEE7B.jpeg058B0D72-FE60-4635-B8DF-ED9B30DC39EE.jpegFB8FC0CA-FD5A-4899-8853-3F313CE6FABC.jpegA71DA863-521C-46CE-A9EC-228197AA56E6.jpeg
5200A056-F68E-4BC7-8D9B-3577920A8478.jpeg94BABDAB-87E6-44C5-9161-4034C348611B.jpeg

Attachments

• 5BC06EA8-A97C-4154-AACE-F3C90F6EE01F.jpeg
    5BC06EA8-A97C-4154-AACE-F3C90F6EE01F.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 4
Back