The Lonely Pinos 250 Prelander run. Bring the kids

Weather looks to be warming up nicely.
I’m optimistic we will have beautiful weather with just enough snow in the shady spots to make it fun.

Stickers came in today.

I’m going to bring a tent for just in case but I plan to sleep outside if the weather is as nice as I suspect.
IMG_3094.jpeg
IMG_3093.png

Crazy to think this has been 5 months in the making and here we are just a week away. My plan is to head out Wednesday morning from Visalia, hit the 178 through Bakersfield and head up through Lake Isabella for a scenery change, then eventually hit the 395 north to Tuttle Creek CG. Gonna stop at Indian Wells Brewing for burgers and arcade fun. We'll see you guys Wednesday evening!

Last time we were at Indians Wells Brewery the food spot was only open on the weekends. A dinner of mixed nuts and oddball sodas did not make the wife happy.

Took the Jeep on a run last weekend that revealed a couple issues but they will be fixed up solid soon and be ready to go. My kids are getting pumped for this, one even requested to sleep on a cot under the stars. R/C prep will be underway soon too.

My anmmo can fire pit puts out more light than heat, but it does work well and may be an alternative to a wood fire? If I can figure out a way to secure a propane bottle I’d be willing to bring it along if you guys want me to.

View attachment 22458

View attachment 22459
53629994539_ddbee3432b_b.jpg

Propane tank fits in a milk crate... Learned this from a dude commenting on my post about mounting the Howl...

My truck is in pieces and I’m packing for the Leduc swap meet.
Going to be a wild Monday/tuesday. 😂

Ok it’s close enough.
Plan is (pending snow)
Wednesday night Tuttle creek CG
Thursday AM Cerro Gordo and down the east side pending snow.
Thursday night Box Car cabin.
Friday night camp somewhere along Saline valley road in the north end of the pass. (Aka north pass)
Friday night Casa Diablo peak between bishop and lake Crowley.

You could hit the road early and meet us at box car cabin by 10am Friday.

Looks like I’ll be coming out Thursday early morning. Where and what time is a good meeting spot?

Looks like I’ll be coming out Thursday early morning. Where and what time is a good meeting spot?

Spencer, I'd say if you can meet us at Tuttle Creek camp ground before we head out that morning that might be best. I'm unsure when we'll head out Thursday morning though. May be a mission to get there early. Also unsure if 2wd will be an issue if we run into snow.

With that said, i found a forest service snow depth chart of current snow dept measurements in the state. At the moment it shows Cerro Gordo Rd. at 0.39 - 2.0 inches of snow in some places. I hate mud but i think we'll run into a lot of it on Thursday lol.

How early?
Probably leaving camp at tuttle creek around 9-10am then headed to Cerro Gordo. Should be at Cerro Gordo close to 12 noon Thursday.
Get fuel in Lone pine before you meet up.

My cell is
Lance
805 798 4915

Wednesday weather for lone pine is 76* and 78 on Thursday. Should be melting fast. I’m only worried about mud/snow on the back side of Cerro Gordo. If it’s bad we will turn around and come back down the front and around.

How early?
Probably leaving camp at tuttle creek around 9-10am then headed to Cerro Gordo. Should be at Cerro Gordo close to 12 noon Thursday.
Get fuel in Lone pine before you meet up.

My cell is
Lance
805 798 4915

Wednesday weather for lone pine is 76* and 78 on Thursday. Should be melting fast. I’m only worried about mud/snow on the back side of Cerro Gordo. If it’s bad we will turn around and come back down the front and around.
Planning on hitting the road early around 4:30-5:00 am. Worst case scenario can meet up later in the day. I have a radio in the truck and onX app.

Spencer, I'd say if you can meet us at Tuttle Creek camp ground before we head out that morning that might be best. I'm unsure when we'll head out Thursday morning though. May be a mission to get there early. Also unsure if 2wd will be an issue if we run into snow.

With that said, i found a forest service snow depth chart of current snow dept measurements in the state. At the moment it shows Cerro Gordo Rd. at 0.39 - 2.0 inches of snow in some places. I hate mud but i think we'll run into a lot of it on Thursday lol.
Yeah I’ll just air down and hope for the best haha.

We can sandwich 2wds between 4wds so that a pull back or forward is available when needed. Worse comes to worse I can take people for a ride on the rope. :D
I will air down from 80 to 35.5 front and 32.7 rear before hitting the trail... Overland Joke

Back