Security for your trucks

That's gnarly. Did he ever get his truck back? Fortunately for my brother its parked in the garage every night, but when he does drive it anywhere he puts "the club" on the steering wheel lol. I didn't even know they still made them.
He did not.

We found it on instagram- some cartel kid posted a pic of it in los angeles he was part of those takeover street shut down groups. It fell off the map after that, likely got chopped up or sold black market. He didnt have any gps or anything on it. We had tracking on the sirius system but it fell off shortly after it was stolen.

The clubs work good, old school technology but just gotta make it as difficult as possible for them to steal.

air tags could be fine when around a cell signal. but in remote place like baja and many places in the states not so good.

there are others.

one thing i use especially in baja is master lock cable locks. i have like 6 all keyed the same. i put them through the wheels and around the suspension on my trailer, my truck and tow vehicle depending where i am. in baja at night all 4 wheels are cabled and if close to others in our group, connect the trucks together.
We run the spot tracker on the race truck and trailer. No issues, just battery life is short if its moving. Both units made it 14 days on a battery moving everyday.

I had a SPOT trace on my 4runner. It was initially $75/yr, then it went up to $150, then the final straw was when it went up to almost $300/yr. I know, I know, "thats a small price to pay for the service if you ever needed it, etc etc...", but my issue was why in the hell was I supposed to pay more than what a "new" customer would pay? It reminded me of directv and similar services, where loyal/longterm customers would pay more than new customers. If you look at the spot/trace website, it seems like a reasonable cost. What they dont tell you is that it'll continue to go up and up and up. Sadly, its a common business practice anymore.
I run a couple of android smart tags now.

I had a SPOT trace on my 4runner. It was initially $75/yr, then it went up to $150, then the final straw was when it went up to almost $300/yr. I know, I know, "thats a small price to pay for the service if you ever needed it, etc etc...", but my issue was why in the hell was I supposed to pay more than what a "new" customer would pay? It reminded me of directv and similar services, where loyal/longterm customers would pay more than new customers. If you look at the spot/trace website, it seems like a reasonable cost. What they dont tell you is that it'll continue to go up and up and up. Sadly, its a common business practice anymore.
I run a couple of android smart tags now.
yea. i have notice the price also. i am not at $300. mine seem to stop at $250 and i have had it now for more then 10 years. they do have lower packages when i called them. i like the faster updates or can set it up for others to receive updates also. i only have this because of going to places like baja with spotty cell service at best. gives my family at home some piece of mind. there are others like the link i posted where you just pay upfront for like a 5 year tracking is cheaper.

Back