RC Cars?

Ok, with a real world review like this it maybe worth giving it a try. For me of course first lol

Ok, with a real world review like this it maybe worth giving it a try. For me of course first lol
the propellers are replaceable, just get a few extra for a few bucks.

The only time we have killed planes is full throttle straight at the ground. This tends to push the motors back and fucks them up. if you feel like your crashing, just throttle down and let it do its thing..... Also these will pretty much fly straight without any input, and have beginner level which makes them real easy to fly.

Took both my boys and our crawlers there a couple mothns ago. Was fun but they were over fairly fast which means I wasn’t allowed to have fun anymore. They like the go fast stuff more.

They both have slash’s so pick myself up a new ultimate 4x slash, used it twice and now it sits lol.
That'll happen
Start with these. they are pretty resilient and pretty cheap compared to even rc cars. As adults i have got about 6-7 people to buy them.... and they are fun to buzz your friends with. We crash them a good 12-15 times before they are really broke. lol

damnit! I might need one of these!

wanted to give you guys an update.... We found out those little planes i posted obviously float... but after being crashed into a lake.... still flew just fine. lmao

Now out of 3 large planes this weekend. 1 was broken in less than a minute and unflyable. 1 landing gear exploded on the 3rd landing. And the last one came out of the weekend unscathed. lol

Bump
53100525589_ce3e933519_b.jpg

bumpy.
i bought the isenhoure Losi truck... its fast as fuck... only used it twice for like 3 min, but i wanted to support the homies... not often a prerunner kid gets an rc car made of his truck.

What's up guys. I've got a 3 and a 5 year old, so I've been using them as an excuse to get RC stuff right under the Minister of Finance's(my wife) nose.

5 year old's capra he and I built together from spare parts and amazon deals:
1694629636940.png

3 year old's wraith(yeah, he's actually a pretty good driver for 3)
1694629690479.png

My Honcho now with more wroncho:
1694629774599.png

The Minister of Finance also didn't want to get left out, so she picked up a deadbolt:
1694629962824.png

Minister of Finance's 😂😂 Thats great.

Rad they are into it. I dig the honcho!
Thanks! I got a wild hair and tried my hand at swapping wraith axles under it, relocating the steering servo to the axle, and stretching the wheelbase without spending too much $$$. It's a work in progress, but seems to be holding up fairly well.

Before

AgcSVirh.jpeg

After

PXL_20230811_222038890.jpg

I worked at a hobby shop from high school through college so ended up with just about every genre of RC car at one time. Still have old school T-Maxx cars, RC18, and went through the short course race phase too. My interest peaked in building crawlers back before Axial existed where it was a challenge to convert a TLT and figure out what worked. I attempted to exit the hobby once the busyness of adulthood took over but one of my sons really latched onto it so I got sucked back on.

Old school TLT and Wheely King rigs in Moab
IMG_20211014_180710982_HDR.jpg

We got a 3D printer a few years back and it's awesome being able to design RC cars, print them, and drive around in the same week.
Here's a set of Losi MRC axles with forward LCG chassis and 1.9 wheels
IMG_20221029_181302512.jpg

I picked up an SCX24 just before the 3D printer and found it was the best scale to play around with designing cars on as the prints don't take forever.
This is the first revision of a KOH style chassis.
IMG_20210129_174022789.jpg

These were probably revisions 3 and 4 with beadlock wheels
IMG_20220722_104038263_HDR.jpg

Had to build a chase truck of course. SCX24 axles, full frame and bumpers with a chase bed.
IMG_20220914_184910775.jpg

Then I got super ambitious and built an IFS SCX24 rig with 4wd and tube chassis. The battery is hidden in a fuel cell in the back, sway bar arms articulate with the axle, the radiator has fans and the roof has red running lights. I had to revise the design to double sheer the steering swingers so it's torn apart and may get a different body.
IMG_20230203_162537676_HDR.jpg

Honestly this is just the tip of the iceberg, my attic is still stuffed with cars and parts that I should have had a yard sale for years ago if not for the kids' enthusiasm.

I worked at a hobby shop from high school through college so ended up with just about every genre of RC car at one time. Still have old school T-Maxx cars, RC18, and went through the short course race phase too. My interest peaked in building crawlers back before Axial existed where it was a challenge to convert a TLT and figure out what worked. I attempted to exit the hobby once the busyness of adulthood took over but one of my sons really latched onto it so I got sucked back on.

Old school TLT and Wheely King rigs in Moab
View attachment 14583

We got a 3D printer a few years back and it's awesome being able to design RC cars, print them, and drive around in the same week.
Here's a set of Losi MRC axles with forward LCG chassis and 1.9 wheels
View attachment 14584

I picked up an SCX24 just before the 3D printer and found it was the best scale to play around with designing cars on as the prints don't take forever.
This is the first revision of a KOH style chassis.
View attachment 14585

These were probably revisions 3 and 4 with beadlock wheels
View attachment 14586

Had to build a chase truck of course. SCX24 axles, full frame and bumpers with a chase bed.
View attachment 14587

Then I got super ambitious and built an IFS SCX24 rig with 4wd and tube chassis. The battery is hidden in a fuel cell in the back, sway bar arms articulate with the axle, the radiator has fans and the roof has red running lights. I had to revise the design to double sheer the steering swingers so it's torn apart and may get a different body.
View attachment 14588

Honestly this is just the tip of the iceberg, my attic is still stuffed with cars and parts that I should have had a yard sale for years ago if not for the kids' enthusiasm.
heard el cajon hobbies is having a rc car swap meet, sounds like you need a booth.

Good lord those are cool. Ever think about selling the chassis to those of us poor souls who have no 3-d printer?
I never really planned on it, I don't really have the time or desire to make them production ready, would rather start a new design. Some day one of my sons may get the itch or I'll get caught up on projects.
Look at all those dead tubes! On your way to go take out some nuns?
Yeah okay, I don't think any of those tubes are actually alive. It would likely fit in your pumpkin spice latte cup.

So anyhoo... a while back my kids noticed an old nitro monster truck someone had given me because it stopped running. They really really wanted to make it run, but these days I have zero patience for nitro, so I decided to convert it to brushless.

Only rocking a 4s battery because the kids drive it too, but it's been pretty fun.
PXL_20230603_224503535.TS_exported_28910_1685977083511.jpg

PXL_20221208_001121255.jpg

PXL_20221104_041305069.MP.jpg

Back