Random Projects

84Prerunner

A place to post pictures and updates of things unrelated to your own project/build thread.

All new wet bolts and 1/2" thick shackles on the trailer. Note the single badlands jack being able to hold up the entire side of the 3axle trailer. i was impressed.
IMG_6127.jpeg

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6122.jpeg

Customer at the shop ran into a rain rut/washout in his F150. Ended up bending the upper arm, damaging the frame mounts for the idler arm and smoked the steering box. the centerlink and spindles we built previously all survived though. Built a new upper, plated the frame and rebuilt the idler arm mount, shes good to go again!

IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5871.jpegIMG_5947.jpeg

IMG_6024.jpeg

IMG_6049.jpeg
IMG_6058.jpeg

IMG_6061.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg

IMG_6040.jpeg

Not my project, but a good friend’s project I started helping him with. The truck started out as a 2wd camper special. He converted it to a 4wd Dana 50/60 combo with an 12 valve Cummins and a SM465. It was a clean, running and driving truck for a year or so. Then he got the itch to cage it and put TTBs under it so it went to another buddies house where they caged the cab and added the front frame section from an f250. Fast forward to a couple years later and it never got done. The friend who was helping build it had to get it off his property so they welded the old Chevy frame section onto the new Ford section to get it back to his house lol.

IMG_0884.jpeg

Over the weekend with the help of my truck and his work service truck with a boom lift, we got the limo pulled, pushed and lifted into position good enough to get it on jack stands to torch that monstrosity off the front. A million things to do but just seeing it with some stock beams hanging and tires rolled up gave him a ton of motivation.

IMG_0885.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0890.jpeg

Decided to spend some time being gay and built this little sleeper focus st over the last year and a half . I recently blew it up , and that was the catalyst to pray the gay away and get back into off-road. Car was a blast though and shit on 100k sports cars. Did a 8.3-8.4 60-130 which is a little faster than a stock hell cat. Car made 500whp/tq on e85.

Journal bearing 7158 , all the supporting stuff and fueling , and a custom pcv/ catch can setup that worked really well to alleviate case pressure.

IMG_3265.pngIMG_3256.jpegIMG_3671.jpeg

What about having some devices connected showing its operation? If it were me, I'd connect a 12 VDC analog camera to the solar controller with the video playing on a 110VAC monitor powered by the inverter. Live video of the potential customer to prove a point.

What about having some devices connected showing its operation? If it were me, I'd connect a 12 VDC analog camera to the solar controller with the video playing on a 110VAC monitor powered by the inverter. Live video of the potential customer to prove a point.
Good idea!
They talked about having a lava lamp running from the inverter. It also has a bank of usb chargers for anyone walking around to stop and charge there phone. It is already setup on display at a show at this point.

A place to post pictures and updates of things unrelated to your own project/build thread.

All new wet bolts and 1/2" thick shackles on the trailer. Note the single badlands jack being able to hold up the entire side of the 3axle trailer. i was impressed.
View attachment 18894

View attachment 18895

View attachment 18896

This reminds me when we were camping a few years ago, 2019 or 2020 new years, don't remember. Anyways we were leaving the camp site and my buddies son said, "hey dad, the trailer doesn't look right" sure enough those shackles had ripped all the way through. Well we had a 4 1/2'' angle grinder, some cut off wheels, drill bits and I had just welded in some 3/16'' plate onto my trailer for 2 6volt batteries. I ended up cutting some of the plate off to make new shackles and saved him a ton of $$$, everyone made it home no problem.

Back